Dr. Strange-- discussion, casting, rumors ect;

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

2. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^
    That didn't take long.

3. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

he would make an excellent Dr. Strange IMO.

4. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

They're both in essence the same report. The only difference is the short update at the top of the story to which I linked, which states that JGL's people have denied the claims in the original report(s).

5. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

6. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Was not crazy at all about The Day The Earth Stood Still but I was always curious about Hellraiser Inferno which sounded kind of interesting. His whole oeuvre seems to be planted in horror.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  7. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I've never seen any of this movies.

I guess his horror background should be handy for when he does his interpretation of Dormammu and the Dark Dimension? MCU's first movie with horror elements? :eek:

8. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

I think he's a good choice but will he stick? There are a lot of days between now and filming starts, everyone of them can lead to "creative differences."

9. Captain Craig

Now that Dr.Strange is super official with a director and the rumor mill in full force for the lead, will we have it by SDCC?

Also, that leaves us looking forward to more Phase 3 news and other rumored characters for solo films. This should now firmly place Black Panther atop the list as Feige as mentioned him nearly in the same breath with Dr.Strange as being on his short list.

10. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

He'll stick if he does what he's told, which he probably will.

11. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Unlike Edgar Wright, I think Scott Derrickson will be a team player.;)

12. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

13. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

The director has written most of the things he has directed (outside The Day The Earth Stood Still). I wonder if he'll contribute to Strange or just direct.

14. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

I personally hope not. I don't really like him as an actor and don't think he will bring the right gravitas to the role.

15. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

From the list of rumored directors, there definitely seems to be a horror element they're going for.

16. Yminale

Yminale Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Since they recast the Hulk, How about asking Edward Norton? He's always wanted play Dr Strange.

17. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

The reason they didn't bring Norton back is he demanded too much creative control and caused some problems the first time around. Marvel/Disney isn't especially inclined to invite that kind of conflict unless absolutely necessary (as in the case of RDJ).

18. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

They got Norton to sign on by promising him substantial creative control, including allowing him to rewrite the script. Then they edited out much of the character development he included to release a more straightforward action-packed cut of the film.

19. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

I don't think there would be any other way to make a "good" Dr. Strange with out it "being" a horror movie.

Almost any movie now made with spirits, demons and other dimensions is a horror movie. Dormammu, Baron Mordo, The Nameless Ones, Morganna, they are all horror type characters.

You could also argue that Man Thing and a lot of others not associated with Dr. Strange are too. I hope they don't shy away from it. The MCU has had fantasy, a war movie, a politcal thriller, and other sub genres, they can do horror, too.

20. Captain Craig

^^^
    I think a Dr.Strange franchise is the perfect place to introduce Man-Thing/Ted Sallis. Especially after his AoS mention & Strange mentioned in CA:TWS as both already being known and out there.