Star Trek: Axanar

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Linnear, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I amnot Herbert

I amnot Herbert Lieutenant Commander

Re: Petition: please allow Alec to return!?

...wish I had witnessed it! ...still, too bad he had to get banned for it (i guess...) :rolleyes:

2. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: Petition: please allow Alec to return!?

Nice try trying to put words in my mouth, but thanks for demonstrating my point with the tone of your reply.

The term certainly applies to the people acting on his call to troll this place in order to get on his "nice" list.

3. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's just my opinion, but I think if Axanar and Renegades are hoping to be sanctioned by CBS, they're in for a bit of a letdown.

If CBS wanted a Trek show, they'd have a Trek show.

If I'm proven wrong about this, I'll apologize. But I don't think I am.

4. I amnot Herbert

Your supposition is ridiculously baseless, and *rumor is* that CBS will be announcing TWO new Star Trek shows! :p

5. urbandefault

I've heard the rumors. I'll wait.

"Ridiculously baseless"? Ok, whatever. I'll wait.

But how long do I have to wait before my ridiculous supposition becomes not so ridiculous? A year? Two? Five? Ten?

CBS has the resources to do any show they want. So far, Trek hasn't been one of them. There's been no indication I've seen that Les Moonves is at all interested. He's said as much.

If I'm wrong, fine. But I won't live forever. I'm talking about in my lifetime. ;)

6. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Indeed. I hope all the best happens for the folks at Axanar, but the likelihood of CBS picking them up is probably nil. Nothing against the optimism, but CBS doesn't seem the listening type when it comes to repeated appeals regarding a franchise they've kept off the air for almost a decade.

7. urbandefault

Les Moonves has said that he's not interested in putting Trek on TV. Until his hot wife (or hotter mistress if there is one) convinces him otherwise, the point is moo. Like a cow's opinion. "Moo." It doesn't matter.

8. Amaris

Amaris Guest

:lol: Classic Joey. :D

I agree about Moonves. He just has no interest in Trek. Hell, I remember when people were fighting to get ENT a fifth season. They were trying to raise money, get testimonials from actors, appeal to popular support, and we saw how that ended up.

Right now, CBS is making money off of old episodes of Star Trek being streamed to Netflix/Amazon/Hulu, and being bought on DVD/Blu-ray. They're making money by doing very little, and they will likely continue doing so until the well runs dry, or Moonves is replaced with someone who has a greater interest in the franchise.

9. I amnot Herbert

IF you know the rumors, then you should know the announcement(s) could be coming SOON ;) (end of Jan?)

*AS OF NOW*, CBS is contractually prohibited from competing with nu-trek... (that may soon change...) ;)

10. BigJake

BigJake Vice Admiral Admiral

I... wouldn't get your hopes up there, mate. Certainly not for the end of January, delightful though that would be.

11. I amnot Herbert

I suspect that Enterprise was prematurely killed to make room for nu-trek =(

they see the potential... and they want MORE! :drool:

12. Amaris

Amaris Guest

What are you talking about? When J.J. went to them to talk about a TV series, as well as other opportunities for media deployment, CBS was the one that shot him down because Paramount didn't want to compete with CBS, so they let CBS call the shots. The shot was "no". This was when ST09 was still a hot, actionable property. Even then, the answer was "no."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/16/how-rights-issues-killed-a-new-star-trek-tv-show

Also, according to Memory Alpha:
    http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Star_Trek_corporate_history

It's all in CBS' hands, and they've chosen for Trek to lie fallow.

You have no evidence for any of this. It's pure speculation.
    If anything, CBS has doubled down on the notion that they are not producing any new Trek:

http://trekmovie.com/2014/06/10/sorry-netflix-cbs-not-in-talks-to-produce-new-show/

13. I amnot Herbert

yeah, no... LOL!

CBS has *NO INTEREST* in nu-trek / JJ / boborci / Bad Robot... (barf) =P

...now, *PRIME Universe* is a different story! ;-)

14. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Please show evidence where CBS is interested in investing in a "prime" universe television series.
    When you do so, I also ask that you post in cogent, coherent sentences.

15. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Sounds rather impossible for him, but we shall see.

16. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If anything they're just not in the mood for the legal headaches that would arise from sharing the JJverse with Paramount, but that doesn't make new content in the Prime universe more likely either.

17. I amnot Herbert

With respect: please don't waste my time "asking for evidence"? or baiting me with semantics? thanks :)

18. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Oh, I was right, it was impossible for him. Well that didn't take long.

19. Amaris

Amaris Guest

It was worth a shot.
    In other words, you have nothing to support your statements. I will take this into consideration in the future.

20. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

So that's why there's a nu-Trek movie about to be made?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.