A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones Spoiler-Filled Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Out Of My Vulcan Mind, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

2. CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky More than meets the eye Rear Admiral

He sure does a lot of interviews.

3. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

that's why the books take so long to come out!

4. Brendan Moody

Brendan Moody Vice Admiral Admiral

Hodor actor Kristian Nairan said in a recent interview that ""We have a season off and we have a year's hiatus, solely because I imagine our storyline is up to the end of the books." Which has naturally led to a lot of discussion about whether "we" includes Isaac Hempstead-Wright as Bran, or perhaps just Nairn and Ellie Kendrick. Entertainment Weekly is going for the attention-getting headline by assuming the former.

5. Captaindemotion

I've seen it reported almost as fact that neither Bran nor Hodor will appear but perusal of Nairn's words do suggest that it was slightly lazy wording on his part and that it's probably his character and maybe Meera they're referring to.

Obviously they're almost bang up to date with Bran in the books so I'd expect his role to be short next season but if they could include Alfie Allen for 2 seasons when his character would've been mostly absent from the book equivalent, I'd be surprised if Isaac Hampstead was completely omitted.

Too lazy to link but I see it looks like Cersei's walk of shame is to be filmed though I wonder if Lena Headey will go naked or have a body double.

6. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

A shame if Bran won't be in it next season. I would have thought that we would have at least see him get "plugged in" to 3EC's tree/raven network and start seeing different expositions from his POV, including flashbacks that would have shown us Ned Stark's small return. Since magic should be shown as re-entering this world, would it not make sense to start showing it with greater frequency? Still hoping to someday see how/if they show dragon glass candles in the Citadel once Sam gets there.

7. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

Lena's done nudity before in her film career, including full frontal.

I guess we'll find out. :devil:

;)

Q2

8. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

James Hibberd at Entertainment Weekly is closer to the production than any other journalist, and he said on Twitter that there was no Bran in season 5. Even with the caveat in the article itself, I really don't think he would be that definitive if he wasn't sure about it.

9. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

How awesome would it be to build up the season with Bran's visions capped off by him watching Ned find Lyanna dying with a baby in her arms right after we watch Jon Snow stabbed (to death?) by his brothers.

10. Captaindemotion

Here's an interview with Isaac Hempstead-Wright from Comic-con, where he was promoting his fantastic stop-motion film The Boxtrolls. At first listen, he seems to be confirming his appearance in S5 in GOT but if one wanted to, one could say that his answers are a little vague and coy in relation to the current season. He never actually says when he's going back to start it or talks about what he's going to be doing. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it.

GOT stuff is about 5 mins in. And whaddya mean Norn Iron isn't exotic, Isaac?!

http://www.nerdist.com/vepisode/isaac-hempstead-wright-talks-the-boxtrolls-and-game-of-thrones/

11. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

12. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

Very nice!

13. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Pancreatic cancer is not always a death sentence (though it most often is.) Some people do beat it, just very few. Percentages are in the low single digits, if that gives you an idea.

Congratulations to him! He's very lucky.

14. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

I got my copy of The World of Ice and Fire earlier today, a day early (the indie bookstore in town just let me buy it when I went in to ask about their hours tomorrow, since I'd put my name down for a copy). That led to me abandoning my plans to do work today, and reading the book (I've covered all but the sections about Essos). Tons of fascinating detail here.

15. 137th Gebirg

Looking forward to this one. Does this book have the Blackfyre dragons on it like in Amazon's pre-release image? If so, do they happen to explain why they used that image instead of the Targaryen colors? I'm genuinely curious.

16. Brendan Moody

Brendan Moody Vice Admiral Admiral

My copy hasn't arrived yet, but I've seen photos of the finished book, and that is indeed the real cover. I don't think it's meant to be the Blackfyre colors in particular; the dragons are more grey than black. It's probably just a matter of what worked best for the overall visual design and embossing of the cover.

17. Captaindemotion

I'll be getting it as a Christmas present, so I'm not allowed to buy my own copy!

18. 137th Gebirg

^^^ Me too... :(

19. Bisz

Bisz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

20. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral