AKA Jessica Jones coming to ABC

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ You realize when it comes to a big $$$$ franchise like Twilight, the screenwriter is just a hired gun with lots of guidelines and restrictions, right? Plus it's not like her source material is great to begin with.

2. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I dare not get my hopes that high.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Save her for the next Wolverine movie then?

(You didn't read Avengers last week? The man was once married to Madame Hydra, but this was tense.)

I can't believe that Oprah broke Hugh Jackman.

4. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sounds generic.

I'm sick of superheroes. Where are all the space operas?

5. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For some reason I always thought the original look of Jessica was based on Jeanine Garafalo.

6. Guy Gardener

If Jessica was a foot shorter, but I see where you're coming from.

7. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Where the hell did this Spider-Woman talk come from? That's Jessica DREW not Jessica Jones...and it doesn't really matter if people know these characters or not. The point is that when they are introduced as series that the series is crafted and written in such a way that these characters BECOME interesting. That's the whole point why Marvel TV is using this particular medium to push these second tier characters in the first place. I would kill for a Spider-Woman movie or mini-series btw. Another character that Bendis has dusted off, retconned,and made relevant again.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  8. Myasishchev

Myasishchev Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Even if the only requirement were basic literacy, it still would not positively indicate the existence of talent.

9. Guy Gardener

Jessica Drew, the Spider-Woman, was Jessica Jones' SIDEKICK (How the mighty have fallen.) for a few issues of Alias. Gal pals who solved crimes together. Good shit.

The post in question mentions the Purpleman being rapey so i thought it was either a simple typo, brianfart or it was reference to Jessica's hench woman Jessica in refference to the extended characters in the comic... If the show were to focus on the two of them, the title might be: Jones and Drew? The Two Jessicas? Jessicaland (Oh goodness, the two of them working for Jessica Fletcher!)?

But anyway, that wasn't Jessica Drew or Spider Woman in Alias.

It was the Skrull Queen (Princess?) masquerading as Jessica Drew which since Bendis was the "genius" behind the entire Secret Invasion you have to wonder if he was seeding clues early in the game before he was having the SKrull Queen being a double agent against Hydra for Nick Fury and the triple agent against all humanity for her own personal religious crusade of colonization in the pages of the New Avengers.

I always thought that the reason the comic was called Alias was because of how the narrative inthe comic was phrased that the Jessica Jones character was disassociating or bipolar after "the incident"...

Why the fuck would it be called AKA Jessica Jones?

It's her name.

Her only name.

10. Admiral_Young

I dare say superheroes are the new space operas until another visionary like Gene Roddenberry (or Ron Moore) comes along again. I'd like a big sprawling television space epic too but these seem to be saved for a higher budget (i.e. movies).

11. Admiral_Young

Some SDCC updates:

-Luke Cage and Carol Danvers will be on the show
    -It is indeed based on the comic "Alias"

That's about it. It is still in development but nothing was elaborated on.

12. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives Captain Captain

PleasebetheOldSpiceguy. PleasebetheOldSpiceguy! :scream:

But who would be Cage?

And hey, what about Daredevil? Does Fox own his horny ass on TV too? :vulcan:

Anyone else have a perverse need to see James Spader as Matt Murdock? :shifty:

13. Admiral_Young

Fox still owns the rights to "Daredevil" and there is a live action movie reboot in the works so he won't be showing up on TV. David Slade is directing the film.

14. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives Captain Captain

Bummer, and what does this mean for Scott Lang? Will the Ant-man film (yeah, that'll happen :rolleyes:) preclude him from showing up?

Isn't Cage supposed to have a movie in the works too?

My God, what of Clay Quartermain? :eek:

Will S.H.I.E.L.D. show up?

Argh, my nerd brain! Why must I ask these questions?! :wah:

15. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg was recently interviewed about this project.
    See the link for more.

16. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wonder if they'll be able to resist casting Summer Glau in the lead role? ;)

Good luck to them, but ABC has 18 sf/f series in development, and that's not even counting the comedies or doctor shows they might also want to schedule...

17. RJDiogenes

Summer Glau is too sweet looking to play Jessica Jones. :rommie:

18. Admiral_Young

^ Agreed. The funny thing about the description Rossenberg gives Jess is that also describes Jessica Drew or aka Spider-Woman (the two women are friends as well) and I've stated that a Spider-Woman series or movie would be awesome. Especially with the work that Bendis has done with the character. Both of these characters owe their current popularity to Bendis. I'd have to think about who could play Jessica Jones though, if she weren't already on "Unforgettable" I think Poppy Montgomery would be a great choice.

19. RJDiogenes

I was just thinking maybe Claire Danes.

20. Admiral_Young

Claire Danes would be intriguing if she would be willing to return to television. Terry Crews is still my choice for Luke.