What Enterprise Do You Prefer? NuENterprise NCC 1701 or TOS NCC 1701

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Pubert, Mar 26, 2015.

?

What Enterprise Do You Like The Most?

1. TOS Enterprise NCC 1701

67.9%
  2. Nu(Alternate) Enterprise NCC 1701

32.1%
  1. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: What Enterprise Do You Prefer? NuENterprise NCC 1701 or TOS NCC 17

I'm tending to agree.

Though, for the sake of it, I voted for JJ-Prise because I lie the more sleek feel, and blue accents.

Beyond that, I have always loved the TOS Enterprise, though the refit eeks it out slightly. Interiors though, I definitely prefer the nuEnterprise.

2. The Doctor

The Doctor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I love the new Enterprise. The only thing I'd change would be to space the nacelles a little further apart, but that's just splitting hairs.

3. Lucky

Lucky Captain Captain

Both are cool, but I prefer the TOS Enterprise.

4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Same here.

5. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

Agree, TMP 1701-refit.

Albeit, I chose TOS NCC 1701 I still like that the NuENterprise NCC 1701 is Abrams version of TMP 1701-refit.

6. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

I have no preference for one over the other. They're both great (well, all three with the TMP refit). You might as well ask me to choose which one of my daughters is prettiest.

7. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

I prefer the original Constitution-class out of all Starfleet ship designs in the Trek franchise.

I really do like the JJverse Enterprise design, but I think it looks kind of like it's on steroids, if that makes sense. I guess that fits if everything ended up more militarized after the Narada incident.

Kor

8. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Meh, I kind of liked the TMP refit the best.

9. Smellmet

Smellmet Commodore Commodore

I like the TOS version the least out of all the different variants. Just looks too spindly to me, so It's the JJPrise all the way. TMP refit beats them all though.

10. Pubert

Pubert Vice Admiral Admiral

The reason there isn't a third option is because it wouldn't be fair to NuTrek. We have really only seen the Enterprise in NuTrek. I choose the NuENterprise and TOS Enterprise to make it fair. Im sorry if the poll is distressing you because that wasn't the intent. I have never been a PC person but some of my friends think I should be a bit more PC but I am just not into that. I speak my mind sometimes. If it makes you feel better I also enjoyed the TMP enterprise and thought of posting it but then it would have been 2 ships from TOS and 1 from NuTrek. Though the nuEnterprise does have some TMP enterprise designs especially in the saucer. I am also a huge fan of the Enterprise D because it brought some of the simplicity back to the Enterprise exterior design. Unfortunately the Enterprise E ruined it and the ship became clunky in design with to much stuff on it.

11. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Dennis's point has nothing to do with your poll. It has to do with your penchant for creating random topics in the nuTrek forum that seem to just be thinly veiled jabs at the new films by comparing esoteric things to TOS.

It's ok if you don't like the Abrams movies. You can frakking hate them if you like. But it's not necessary to obfuscate your hatred by pretending to like something that you obviously don't by constantly creating random "comparison" topics.

12. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

Dukhat beat me to the punch. But, to reiterate his point...Here's the problem:
    There are too many of these types of threads that, for whatever reason, keep asking folk to pick a preference or constantly compare (often unfavorably) between TOS and New Star Trek. Even the term NuTrek, to me, has implied negative connotation, as if it is somehow not Star Trek.

And it is being done in the bullshit disguise of meaningful discussion.
    Some folks might buy it. I might even bite just a little bit. But overall, I have to agree with Dennis and CorporalCaptain, and Dukhat. These threads have long since become spam, with nothing more than the intent to spark argument between old school TOS/PU folk and those who enjoy the new Star Trek (or all of Trek), and to somehow make the bullshit point that only Prime Trek is real Star Trek, and that anyone who thinks differently does not truly understand real Star Trek.

I understand Star Trek fully. And I fully understand that Star Trek ain't real.

As I stated before, NuTrek, to me, carries a connotation of denial. How would folks like it if Prime universe Trek was called "PuTrek" (Pee-yew Trek or Poo Trek as pronunciations)?

Why don't we just call it what it is, from TOS to JJ Abrams? : STAR TREK!

13. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

This poll really needs a "both" option.

14. Pubert

There are some things I like about the movies. Karl Urbans role was spot on without being a parody. I enjoyed his part and wish they would expand it. I also like the special effects and the saucer section of the enterprise also looks good.

How is this thread hatred? It was truly supposed to be a fun thread about the ships and see which one people may prefer most. This thread wasn't even a criticism.

Also if I wanted to feel good about the TOS enterprise I certainly wouldn't have posted the thread here because there are a lot of new fans here, The point was to see if there were fans of the new movies that may like the original version ship.

15. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I prefer the Abrams version to the TOS one.

That being said, I'd really like to see the "Abrams TOS" version - the one that nuApril commanded (with Marcus as his XO), and which is the immediate predecessor to the Abramsprise. Unfortunately we only saw it from the outside, and even then, only in the comics. I'd love to get a looksee at the interior of the thing, 'onscreen'.

Imagine the actual TOS Enterprise, but with modern SFX. It'd probably look like the interior of the Kelvin...

16. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

Indeed.

17. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Read my quote again.

18. Pubert

Well this was my first poll and yes it was a comparison poll but it wasn't meant to make anyone angry. My earlier posts may have been a bit rough but I didn't know the rules here and got slammed for it so I have softened my tone here but I think having some disagreement or even challenging viewpoints make a board interesting. I haven't resorted to name calling or swearing thus far. Maybe I shouldn't post here anymore.

19. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Look at the threads you've created and I think you'll see where people are coming from. Far too many are about Old Trek vs New Trek. And what does "not being PC" have to do with anything? Where did that come from?

20. Pubert

Not having the same viewpoint that has become standard is non PC. It seem if I disagree only a little here I get in trouble. This thread wasn't trying to tick anyone off. Is there a way to change the poll? I will put more choices.