Person of Interest Season 2

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Bob Morton, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Bob Morton

Bob Morton Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I really missed Fusco in the last two episodes. I guess he was busy 'across town' as Carter says in universe and auntihill says in RL.

I guess the only unanswered question from the first two seasons is Harolds real name. I wonder what the story behind that is?

Also I look forward to learning more about Shaw.

2. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

They haven't mentioned his real name, but they did mention why he had to assume a false identity. As a teenager he hacked the Defense Department's ARPANET and published the code, which in the show universe is what eventually led to the creation of the internet (in real life ARPANET was a precursor to the Internet). His friend Nathan said that Harold was wanted for sedition by the US government as a result. He was already using a bird-derived fake name by the time he enrolled in MIT, where he was known as Harold Wren.

3. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

I really enjoyed this season. The last episode was a little confusing, but maybe I just need to watch it again. Some of it seemed...more unlikely than usual.

Shaw is a great addition, and I hope they flesh her out more in Season 3. The Carter and Elias thing was a little strange but I like the fact that she is now fully through the looking glass. She's digging up bodies and capping people in the ass...

:lol:

Elias is a good villian/ally. I've always liked that actor.

A very good season, and a solid show IMHO. Looking forward to next season.

:techman:

4. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

Well, truth be told, I always feel like Fusco has a giant bulls-eye painted on his back. So I'm always pleasantly surprised when the character isn't killed off. I like the supporting and recurring characters on this show.

5. Locutus of Bored

I had a bit of a suspension of disbelief problem when the Machine told Reese and Shaw to head down the street at their 9:00 o'clock in search of a car, and then one pulls up minutes later and the driver gets out but leaves his keys in the ignition. I was like "Whaaat? How could it have possibly known that was going to happen?"

After a while I just figured that maybe the Machine had observed that driver leaving his keys in the ignition many times before and knew when he would be pulling up by monitoring traffic cams.

6. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

You know, that one didn't get to me as much as, say, jumping the car off the bridge, flipping it upside down, walking out, unharmed, with machine guns, and stealing a medi-vac helicopter in front of the flight crew. Can you imagine how many law enforcement officials would be chasing them?

They also seemed to walk in and out of that nuclear waste facility pretty easily.

But overall, these are minor quibbles, since suspension of disbelief is part of the ride anyway. The show is exciting, fun, and "Batman Jesus" as you call him (:lol:) is as cool as the other side of the pillow.

:techman:

7. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  8. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I must have missed that part. I thought Finch was only interacting this heavily with the machine for the 24 hour period following the reboot and the rest of their interaction was more limited.

9. Locutus of Bored

Well, it was guiding Root at the time and giving her constant updates on her surroundings, but she insinuated that it did the same with Harold back when he was controlling it (and before the reboot). I'm not saying that he doesn't have total freedom of movement or that the Machine literally controls him in any way, mind you, just that it seemed a lot more involved in his day to day activities and movements than I would have previously pictured. Of course, it's entirely possible that, like you said, it was only that involved because it was in crisis mode at the time.

10. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's gonna be at 10 pm on Tuesdays?

Shit! Isn't that Grimm's timeslot?

11. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Grimm is going back to Friday, paired with Dracula.

12. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

Please, please, please, please, pretty please writers--don't water down the Shaw character. She's great as is in her somewhat broken state. Yeah, I realize "somewhat" might be a bit of an understatement but it's accurate relative to Root. :D

13. Caliburn24

Caliburn24 Commodore Commodore

Glad they're expanding the cast, but Shaw doesn't really add anything in terms of character to the show.

Emotionally detached, burned by the agency they worked for, extremely capable physically. Who am I talking about? Shaw or Reese?

But they needed another body(or more than one) for their various missions and for more interesting dialogue(Reese and Finch can only have so many conversations). So I'll take what I can get.

14. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Well I've been a fan of Sarah Shahi since Life so I'm glad she's joining the cast as a regular.

15. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

Yeah, she's not my favorite either. She's a female Reese with a bad attitude, but I understand their decision. I feel bad for Carter and Fusco, though. They already don't get enough attention.

16. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

17. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Awesome. :D

18. Caliburn24

Caliburn24 Commodore Commodore

Ok, Root becoming a cast member is interesting. I don't see how she can remain a convincing antagonist if she is around every week, so I assume she'll be redeemed somehow.

I like adding her to the cast much more than the Sarah Shahi character though. It opens some intriguing possibilities.