Star Trek vs Aliens

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Khan 2.0, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

LOL! I could have stomached Prometheus if the characters hadn't been so astonishingly stupid on every level and the lead character hadn't been quite so acrobatic with massive surgical stitches in her.

Currently watching the Last Ship - that is doing a much more intelligent job on using sensible isolation protocols and very good use of female characters.

I confess, I was very tempted to do a Rand as Ripley scene but I didn't have sufficient screenshots to pull it off lol. Do you thnk pasting Rand's head on Sigourney's body would work? If you are going to do it, she has to be in her pants.

Your story is cool. You are ramping up the tension and raising the stakes nicely. If you want to ramp it up a bit more, you could try introducing a bit more personality into a couple of your redshirts so the audience starts to care if they live or die (and don't kill them straight away if at all) - making one an alien helps make them more interesting IMO. Also you can place one of your 'regular' cast in peril and have them function as eyes for the audience as to the horror of what is happening.

2. Nveid Jo'rek

Nveid Jo'rek Lieutenant Red Shirt

Please tell me I'm not violating some sort of thread necromancy policy with this post...
    Anyways, I've been looking into this particular crossover for about a year. I've been trying to get a timeline of the events in the Alien universe and the Star Trek continuity. As much interest as I have on an Alien/Star Trek crossover, some questions I have that complicate the thought.
    -Where does Weyland Industries/Weyland-Yutani fall in line with in regards to Starfleet or the United Federation of Planets?
    -Isn't Zeta 2 Reticuli close to the Romulan Neutral Zone?

Going over the timelines, the Prometheus landing on LV-223 (orbiting the gas giant Calpamos, in turn orbiting Zeta 2 Reticuli) took place on 2093 A.D. Here are the timeline comparisons:
    -2093 - USS Prometheus sets down on LV-223; Zeta 2 Reticuli
    -2122 - USS Nostromo sets down on LV-426; Zeta 2 Reticuli
    -2151 - NX-01 Enterprise maiden voyage
    -2155 - Terra Prime movement
    ------- Founding of the Coalition of Planets
    -2156 - Start of Earth-Romulan War
    -2160 - End of Earth-Romulan War
    ------- Battle of Cheron (Coalition v Romulus)
    ------- Establishment of Romulan Neutral Zone
    -2161 - Founding of the United Federation of Planets
    -2179 - USS Sulaco engages the aliens on LV-426; total loss

If there's a crossover taking place during the 5-year mission (or after), it's roughly a century after the events of Alien/Aliens. Wouldn't there be documents detailing the missions to Zeta 2 Reticuli?

3. Tribble puncher

Tribble puncher Captain Captain

(personal opinion, take it as such) A possible cool twist would be to have an "Ash" type character aboard....a section 31 operative who knew about the Klingon outpost (Sec 31 knew about the site on the planet and needed Guinea Pigs, so they "steered" things to get the Klingons to build an outpost there, while pulling strings behind the scenes to keep fed patrols away until the time was right, hence the Enterprise arriving. ) and is tasked with getting a living specimen to Section 31 labs by any means possible....even if it means turning the Enterprise into a flying incubator....after all, at the cost of a single Starship and it's crew, to keep something this dangerous out of the hands of anyone who doesn't have the Federations best interests would be an acceptable trade off to section 31.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    Phoenix219 likes this.
  4. Nveid Jo'rek

Section 31, huh?

I would have expected as much if Weyland-Yutani was absorbed into Starfleet after the founding of the United Federation of Planets...

Tribble puncher likes this.
  5. Tribble puncher

Maybe Weyland-Yutani could be a shadowy Ferengi owned Company in the Trek Verse.

6. Nveid Jo'rek

That wouldn't be too far off...

7. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I can see that. trek's Blackwater

8. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

The idea I'd had, actually, picked up where the Star Trek/Planet of the Apes crossover comic from IDW left off. In that, the Klingons had found a way (using drones) to hack into other-dimensional space, hence breaking into the POTA universe. Here the Klingons try it again a few years later in the TMP era and instead find themselves in the Alien/Predator universe (pick any point in the timeline you want), where they attract the attention of the Predators. Not only do they find themselves equally matched, the Predators chase them back through the interdimensional portal into the ST Universe and start raising hell inside the Klingon Empire - including the use of Xenomorphs as both bioweapons and (mixed with Klingon) a fun new flavor of Xeno to hunt. (A built-in Klingons vs. Aliens vs. Predators sequel!)

But for this story's purposes, the Predators are out of sight/mind and the Company is still in its own particular universe. It's just Our Heroes and the Bugs, who for once don't have greedy bureaucrats, psychotic androids or opportunistic alien trophy-hunters to help them out. They've got to step up their game against foes a bit smarter than the average Marine or tug driver - and they do.

MetalDog and Khan 2.0 like this.
  9. Nveid Jo'rek

This does pique my curiousity as to where to place the Yautja homeworld; whether it be located in the Alpha, Beta, Gamma or Delta Quadrant. It wouldn't be too far off to place the Yautja homeworld in the Delta Quadrant, since the Hirogen were supposed to be inspired by the Yautja.
    But I still as the question, how close is Zeta 2 Reticuli to the Romulan Neutral Zone?

10. Nightowl1701

Vulcan - 16 light years from Earth
    Zeta 2 Reticuli - 39 light years from Earth
    Romulus - Roughly 51 light years from Earth (Neutral Zone 48 light years from Earth)
    Q'onos - Roughly 75-80 light years from Earth

In the Alien universe, the Prometheus could do roughly Warp 3 at best (old TOS scale, 27c), to get to Zeta 2 Reticuli in about 1 1/2 years. The Nostromo was maybe Warp 3.5, Zeta 2 to Earth in 10 months. The Sulaco was somewhere close to Warp 5, to get there in weeks.

11. Nightowl1701

Here's the first part of ISSUE #3 (after only, what, two years?):

The Enterprise pulls into orbit around the penal colony in a state of quarantine. Nearly half the engineering hull has been taken over by the Aliens, internal sensors blocked by the hive's growing resin web.

To minimize the risk of bringing more Aliens (or prisoners) up from - or down to - the colony, a shuttlecraft is launched by remote controlled tractor beam. It has three Aliens clinging to it, which it shakes off into space through Sulu's remote piloting. Only when sensors confirm there is no life inside it are Kirk, McCoy and Sulu beamed directly into the shuttle.

They arrive at the crash site to find the Klingon cruiser has been totaled by a series of massive explosions - a self-destruct, evidently. No signs of the antimatter pods, they must have been ejected into space. But there is one life sign - female - lying on the nearby beach...

The woman turns out to be that rarity of rarities - a female Klingon captain, Azhe. When she recovers consciousness, her first demand is to be checked for signs of 'infection.' Once she is proven to be clean, she asks Kirk to fire his ship's weapons to finish hers off - she can't risk a single one of those creatures surviving. When told of the Enterprise's infestation, she coldly tells Kirk "Then you'd best do with your ship what I did with mine. Better the quick death I was intending for myself than..." She stops herself. How did she make it out of the wreckage of her ship anyway? She doesn't even know. In the meantime, Kirk decides, they'd better check on that penal colony on the off chance...and sure enough, it isn't responding to hailing frequencies. On their way back to the shuttle, Azhe finds the answer to both mysteries: her pet targ is lying some distance from where she was found. And sure enough, its' chest is blown out.

In the Enterprise's science lab, one of the lab technicians notices the closed egg. As she moves to the intercom to alert the bridge, the egg sprays a black oily mist in her face. She crashes to the ground in agony, her face and body beginning to contort...

...and this is where writer's block stopped me in 2014. Hopefully you can pitch in some ideas to help me finish!

Pauln6 likes this.
  12. Nveid Jo'rek

Question:
    Is this planet a different planet in orbit around Zet2 Ret?

13. Nightowl1701

Nowhere near Zeta 2 Reticuli. Different universe, remember - the Predators brought the Aliens with them through the portal. Closest thing to the Engineers you'll find around here are the Preservers (and good luck finding any of them). If Zeta 2 exists at all in the ST Universe, it and its moons are lifeless.

14. Tribble puncher

A couple of small quibbles aside, this is shaping up to be a good story. My question is...did you intend the lab tech to turn into a promethius zombie?....something else? Or no idea?

15. Nightowl1701

Well, I had the initial idea of the egg having a backup system (using the black goo), which would make the egg still dangerous even after it had 'hatched.' The victim would eventually mutate into a Xenomorph themselves, skipping the facehugger/chestburster middleman. The inspiration was the original unused version of that 'zombie' scene from Prometheus, as well as part of an unused script for Alien3 (that didn't have Ripley but had Hicks and Bishop). Exactly how far into the mutation it would get before Kirk faced the creature at the end of Part 4 I hadn't worked out yet (though the image of a full-fledged Xeno in a tattered Starfleet uniform made me laugh). I didn't want the finale to be just Kirk vs. Queen, as awesome an image as that would be; I wanted to bring something fresh to the table.

See, I've been trying to homage each of the four Alien films in turn in this story, without outright ripping them off. Keep it familiar enough to make fans nod, but then zig instead of zag. Part 1 flipped it and homages Aliens, while Part 2 was literally 'Alien on the Enterprise.' Part 3 is the Alien3 homage, which I'm sure you already see the ingredients of. Part 4, with the idea outlined above, will hopefully get us to Resurrection and the half-human/half-Xeno threat (which will NOT be the Newborn).

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  16. Nveid Jo'rek

Zeta 2 Reticuli (at the very least the star itself) should exist in the Star Trek universe. The planets around that specific star (on the other hand) is a different story.
    Ok, getting Zet2 Ret out of the way, where exactly is the portal being activated? Since the Alien Universe is coincidentially taking place in the Milky Way as well, it would stand to reason that if an opening of an interdimensional conduit is to manifest in a specific sector of the Milky Way in one universe, the other end of the conduit should also be manifesting in the same sector of the Milky Way in the secondary universe. So, in what part of the Milky Way will this conduit be opened?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  17. Nightowl1701

^ In Klingon space, at the far end of the Empire from the Federation and Romulan Empire both, to prevent a repeat of the Apes fiasco. Well beyond the reach of Earth's colonization efforts in the Alien universe, but not outside of Yautja space. So if AvPvK ever happens, our favorite space Spartan Mongols won't have to hold back any.

18. Nveid Jo'rek

Nice. I would imagine this is during the TOS era (because those sectors aren't explored by the Federation until after the Khitomer Accords)?

19. Nightowl1701

Early TMP 'Phase II' period, yeah.

Pauln6 likes this.
  20. Nveid Jo'rek

At this point, I can imagine that the U.S.S. Enterprise is out of commision as it's being refitted, and that James T. Kirk is starting to get accustomed to his new rank of Admiral...meaning he won't be commanding the NCC-1701 until the V'Ger incident.