TNG Blu-rays on Netflix?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Captain_Koloth, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Captain_Koloth

Captain_Koloth Commander Red Shirt

I was at the convention this weekend where I learned of the special features on some of the Blu-rays such as the extended cut of Measure of a Man, which I'd really really like to see. However, I don't really feel like buying TNG for the umpteen millionth time, especially when I have streaming via Amazon Prime.

My question is this: does Netflix have the physical blu-rays available for rent? I know they have the HD episodes themselves streaming, but I don't want that- I want access to the actual physical discs, with the special features, without having to rebuy the whole set yet again. Does anyone know if Netflix has the TNG physical blu-rays available for rent? It doesn't let me browse the Blu-ray selection unless I sign up.

2. Maxwell Everett

Maxwell Everett Commodore Commodore

The HD episodes aren't on Netflix streaming yet, but they are on Amazon Prime. As for the physical discs, I don't have the Netflix disc-by-mail plan anymore, so I can't tell you if they have them or not.

But I do know that if you live in the U.S. you can rent them from 3D Blu-ray Rental dot com (just search Google). I've never used the service, so I can't vouch for them, but it looks like they have all the CBS Star Trek TV Blu-ray releases and according to their site you can rent each disc for $3.99 and keep them for 7 days, or you can choose an unlimited monthly subscription plan.

So there you go. :)

3. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I just checked. They are available on DVD only, not Blu-ray.

4. Reeborg

Reeborg Commander Red Shirt

5. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If it's within your budget at all, I'd highly recommend purchasing the sets. They're really well done and, in my opinion, the ultimate viewing experience for the series and well worth the upgrade. Most of the seasons that have been out for a while can frequently be found in the $40-$60 price range.

6. MakeshiftPython

MakeshiftPython Commodore Commodore