The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well we know that since the Arkham breakout that the Narrows was in shatters. I have had a suspicion that we'd be revisiting Arkham somehow in the third movie. I believe that Nolan is going to bring everything full circle and wrap things up. I don't think the film is going to end with Bruce having his back broken as some have suggested, that would go against the title of the movie and Nolan LOVES playing around and exploring with his film titles meaning and motifs.

2. T.Geiger

T.Geiger Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hm. Until you said that, I hadn't really considered the possibility. But now that you mention it, if Nolan does another 1.5 movies in one, as with DK, then we might actually see Bane "break" Batman (heck, maybe to Arkham). Then the city falls to The League of Assassins, and Batman still has to save the day, despite being crippled / insane.

3. Admiral_Young

Oh I do think that Bruce is going to suffer in this movie. After all as Thomas Wayne said in the first movie "Why do we fall?" "So we can learn to pick ourselves up." :)

4. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

5. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

I really hope they do not bring back the League of Shadows or any connection to Ra's. To me, it would seem the easy way out in terms of plot devices. "Oh, lets go back to the bad guy in the first one, who has been forgotten about by the second movie, and play up that connection!" I feel it would make the series feel uneven with TDK the odd duck out. :shrug:

Unless they retcon that Joker was released by the League as another way to destroy Gotham, which would be lame.

6. Admiral_Young

See though...I don't think it's an easy way out. This seems to be how Nolan likes to work. He loves exploring stuff and revisiting things. With Ra's or Talia...Bruce has a personal connection with them since Ra's was his mentor and teacher.

7. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Just so everyone knows, there's a press release circulating out there that lists Cotiliard's role as Talia al Ghul and JGL's role as Roman Sionis; it's a FAKE, but several high-profile media outlet sites have fallen victim to the scam and posted it as though it's real.

8. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ In this internet age, sites are falling for everything. Just look at that fake story about Keanu talking about Matrix 4-5. It's not about being right these days. Since the news cycle is 24 hours, it's about being first.

9. Admiral_Young

There's also been rumors out there that I've read that have JGLplaying Alberto Falcone...and I saw someone claim on a forum the other day that JGL is playing Dick Grayson...despite this I'm becoming more and more convinced we're gonna get Talia and that will make me one very geeked out and happy fan.

10. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Anyone who believes that Dick Grayson will be in this film in any capacity is, quite frankly, an idiot.

I'm using The Hollywood Reporter, Batman-News.Com, and IGN to keep track of any and all news/rumors regarding the film. Speaking of IGN, they've updated their 'Comics-to-Film Guide' feature article, which seems to indicate that Cotiliard's casting is more or less final and it's only a matter of time before WB and Nolan make the announcement. They also seem to be fairly convinced that her role is going to be that of Talia. Hopefully, they'll turn out to be right.

11. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Not TrekBBS as a one stop compilation station?! ;)

12. Admiral_Young

Indeed. Nolan has stated since before "Batman Begins" that in no way will Dick Grayson appear in these films and he isn't even a gleam in his parents eye yet lol. I suspect and am anticipating some kind of announcement regarding Talia within the next couple of weeks. I agree that it will be soon. Been too much buzz surrounding the casting again.

13. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is there anything we can post here that will get passed around on the internet?

How about Nolan is setting up a future Justice League movie, and Cotillard is playing Wonder Woman and Gordon-Levitt is playing The Flash? And that half the movie will be Clark Kent following Bruce Wayne around doing nothing plot-related other than to bring up Justice League every five minutes and say that Batman's not ready to join?

:lol:

14. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Batman-News is very reliable and a great source for Batman news.

Then again, so am I. ;)

15. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

The fine line between continuity and fanwank.
    I'll trust your word anyday. :)

16. JacksonArcher

Tom Hardy talks about Bane publicly for the first time.

17. JacksonArcher

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCIE7B7NKcA[/yt]

18. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

:guffaw: Especially the last bit with the middle finger

19. Admiral_Young

That fan film is awesome. Hardy's comments regarding Bane are interesting. I agree with him when he said that this will be Nolan's depiction of Bane.

20. Admiral_Young