Just seen the last episode... I'm outrage!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by eezo, Sep 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isolinear

Isolinear Commander Red Shirt

I agree Tiberius, it was just a very bad holodeck recreation.

I could live with Trip's death, if it was done right. But it's so....random. Must have been an unfinished holonovel by Voyager's Doc published without his permission, again!

edit: Oh wait, that's not possible right? It's TNG season 7. Oh well, plenty holodeck malfunctions back then.

2. SpHeRe31459

SpHeRe31459 Captain Captain

If it helps, Braga has apologized repeatedly for it. He did so again most recently on the Cast Reunion feature of the ENT Season 2 Blu-ray set.

But yes TATV is just terrible.

3. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Rick Berman: "Let's kill one of the most popular characters in the show in the series finale, and give him the lamest death EVER!

Brannon Braga: "GENIUS!"

4. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

We massage our pain at fairly constant intervals. We like it like that.

5. Masiral

Masiral Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I did like the very end, with Picard, Kirk, and Archer delivering the "Space, the Final Frontier..." monologue. The rest of it was pretty horrible.

6. Isolinear

Unlike some other people, I don't have anything against Riker and Troi being in the Enterprise finale. I liked it as a matter of fact. Riker having a final conversation with each crewmember was a very good idea, the problem is the conversations themselves were boring....

And then Trip dies, killing the rest of the episode. Nobody cared about Archer's big moment because Trip just died a few minutes ago. Bad writing.

7. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

I did like the final montage, but I didn't even care about Trip dying. It was so absurdly random.

8. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

The 2nd to last episode was way better, "Terra Prime".

I wasn't as mad about the TNG cast being on as I was about Trip dying.

After ALL OF THAT DRAMA between Trip and T'Pol...they just have him die instead of him and T'Pol being together. So lame.

I did cry when Trip died, if I remember correctly. But it was so unnecessary, I think.

9. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

I might have laughed when it happened because it was so ridiculous.

10. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

It definitely WAS random...but having binge-watched ENT in a rather short period of time, I had grown attached to Trip. So I was sad when he died. :(

11. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

This is the most laughing I've done in a TATV Sux thread since I can remember. Thanks, all :techman:

For the record, I think the episode was a steaming pile of story structure problems, character inconsistencies, and head-scratching contrivance. Waste of an hour. Unsatisfyingly awful as a series finale. Gimme "Demons"/"Terra Prime". Better yet, gimme Seasons 5-7.

12. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Worse than Trip dying was brushing off 2 seasons of Trip/T'Pol storyline in one sentence, establishing they broke up and never looked back. I guess getting rid of a telepathic bond is like removing a tattoo or something...

I did like the continuity with "Zero Hour", actually seeing Archer walking out in the stadium that Daniels' showed him previously. But that's all. Scotty killing Archer's dog and the model Enterprise on the Evil Admiral's desk in the new films are better send-offs for Enterprise than this 42-minute failiure. Actually, that Romulan war film they were working on, where Enterprise is at Risa and misses the whole thing, would have been better than TATV!

13. Isolinear

I think the historical records were damaged and Riker let Barclay fill in the gaps. Would explain a lot.

14. Robert Comsol

Robert Comsol Commodore Commodore

No, it does not. This must obviously be a piece of 25th Century propaganda attempt to rewrite history at the expense of the Enterprise and its officers and just proves my general concerns regarding retroactive continuity.

So after having served for over 6 years under Captain Picard, a CO Riker looks up to and admires for his integrity and character strength, Riker still doesn't have it in him to make a personal decision how to handle this whole "Pegasus Issue" and needs to listen to a history lesson to make up his mind. :wtf:

There were two good things about this ENT episode: The narrative at the end and the TNG footage in 16:9 widescreen at the beginning.

Bob

15. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Repeat after me:

ALTERNATE REALITY

ALTERNATE REALITY

ALTERNATE REALITY

ALTERNATE REALITY

ALTERNATE REALITY

ALTERNATE REALITY

ALTERNATE REALITY

ALTERNATE REALITY

ALTERNATE REALITY

ALTERNATE REALITY

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  16. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^That might work if not for the fact that what has been seen cannot be unseen.

17. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well moving Enterprise from the prime universe to the JJverse would eliminate a lot of continuity errors in both. ;)

18. teacake

Think of TATV as just reeeeally bad fanfic.

19. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Polly want a Riker? :devil:

[​IMG]

20. teacake

"Gaith stop trying to make Polly happen! It's not going to happen!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.