What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I'm been trying out the new "Dragonslayer" DLC for Dragon Age Inquisition's multiplayer. It's taking this thing a lot longer to get interesting than it did for ME3's MP, but I think it's finally starting to pick up. The new characters are a lot of fun, the new dragon map is refreshing and the new poison gas map hazard is a pain in the arse, but in a good way gameplay wise. ;)

2. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

Just finished playing the first hour of the Splatoon demo/load test. So much fun! Took a few tries to get connected, but once I was in the game, it was very smooth. Really looking forward to the full game. :techman:

Paint roller is my favourite - covers a lot of territory quickly, though those rollers on the other team kept getting in the way. More than once we took each other out. :lol:

3. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've been playing it frequently over the last month, and I'm really enjoying it. Of course, I've also been an MK fan since the beginning. The X-rays are just as brutal as ever, as are the fatalities. So far, there are 24 playable characters with four DLC characters on the way. There's not too many arenas, only twelve or so.

The online is hit or miss. If you have a great internet connection, you might get pitted against somebody with slightly better than dial-up and the match is laggy as hell. Also I've noticed most of the online players love cheesing the same unblockable move over and over which is a real pain in the ass if you're waiting for your turn in a king of the hill match (which could take as long as five minutes, and then you drop right back to the bottom of the queue for another turn). You can do regular player vs. player matches as well.

I'd say if you liked or loved Mortal Kombat 9 you'll most likely enjoy Mortal Kombat X.

Edit: I just noticed the screenshot of the easy fatality microtransaction. You can buy them in increments of five or thirty. If you've played any Mortal Kombats before, you won't need them. This Mortal Kombat has some of the easiest fatality inputs to pull off. I haven't screwed one up yet.

4. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I just started playing Broken Age.

5. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Silverfall and its expansion. Has anyone played this? Quite a difficult game, made more difficult by the fact that when you die, you have to go find your tombstone.

6. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Finished the main story missions yesterday. Great game, although we didn't enjoy the ending quite as much as a lot of people apparently did.

I wouldn't even call that twist a twist, necessarily.

7. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (PS4) was pretty good. About six hours of gameplay for $18.

8. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

I take it all back! I just learned we got the bad ending, we'll have to go back and check out the good one. This is great news!

9. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Waiting for Far Cry 4 to show up in the mail. Hope it is worth the $40!

10. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Not a great deal at this point, but there's a ton of content in that game. Definitely worth it in terms of bang for your buck.

11. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I enjoyed the hell out of it.

I picked up another PS4 after having traded my old one for an Xbox One (stupid decision, I should've just kept my original and paid for the One outright :brickwall: ) and bought Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remastered.

I've never been a fan of RPGs, but since I was able to complete South Park: The Stick of Truth, I decided to try my hand at the Final Fantasy game all my friends rave over. So far I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. It's holding my attention. The game itself is very colorful and pretty, the music rousing, but the voice acting is horrid. Not PlayStation Resident Evil horrid, but horrid nonetheless.

12. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

GalCiv 2 with the Star Trek vs Star Wars mod. Created many classic Trek races and a massive galaxy to play in today.

13. mimic

mimic Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Dead Space - I didn't get very far at all, because the game glitched and the Stasis gun thingy that I need to use vanished. Hopefully it reappears when I restart.

14. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Finished up Forza Horizon 2 (i.e. won the "mainline" tournament), played a bit of Shadows of Mordor, still can't get super invested, and got back into Destiny with my bud just in time for the second DLC, which arrives today.

Also got Rogue Legacy a few weeks back during a Steam sale, but didn't have time to get into it yet.

15. think

think Like Spock Premium Member

does anyone play words with friends on the fb like platform :P

my game computer is in the shop being cleaned and rammed with ram some ... :)

what about these games that have no "end" to them ... their top level just goes higher when you get there what are we to do with them.?

16. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Echo of Soul & I hope to be playing Heroes of the Storm after it finally downloads. :lol:

17. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

GTA V, which has apparently shifted 52 million copies across all platforms. Great game, packed with open-world goodness, and plays like a dream on my humble PC. This kind of thing is where the talent goes in the software industry, imo.

The Witcher 3 finished downloading yesterday. Might check it out soon.

Upwards of eighty hours of it, if you're (a rubbish player like) me.

18. Lakenheath 72

Lakenheath 72 Commodore Commodore

I have played Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: Elements and The Darkness.

DMMM:E is an okay game. One of the issues I had was that I put in an effort to save Leanne, who I expected to be there with me at the final battle. She was a no-show.

The Darkness is a great game. I am playing it again for some achievements I didn't get on the first run through, and for seeing how I can play it differently. (I like those achievements where I have to think differently. I don't like achievements for doing things that are expected - complete a level, get an achievement.)

I am planning on adding The Darkness and its sequel to my video game library. I have already Metro: 2033 and Metro: Last Light and Orange Box and Portal 2.

19. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I've been playing LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham on my PS4 and Monsterbag on my Vita.

20. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

Methinks you'll enjoy the good ending....for a couple of reasons. :)

I've beaten the game multiple times. (PS4) But Capcom really needs to get its shit together on the challenge missions in Raid Mode.

In the meantime, I have been revisiting Fallout New Vegas, and Deus Ex Human Revolution. :) (Both on PS3)