Season 2 Theatrical Event Date Revealed

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Dream, Oct 18, 2012.

1. NewHorizon

NewHorizon Captain Captain

I contacted Empire Theaters here in Canada and they say there is no distributor this time for Canada, so they won't be doing the event. :( Anyone have any idea who we could contact to make this happen?

With Season 1, they wouldn't hold the event because they were making more screens available for The Dark Knight Rises...now this?

Very disappointed.

2. Kadratis

Kadratis Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^ Excellent point. It's a real shame this isn't being rolled out again. :(

3. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

The stadium theater in my city is going to show this. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones... :eek:

4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

It's not even listed on the Fathom website for some reason.

Though it is playing at the same theater I went to last time. Had to go through their website.

5. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I checked on Fandango for theater listings at my area code and was able to find one showing it.

6. Mott the barber

Mott the barber Commodore Commodore

7. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Looks like I'll be going to AMC in Times Square. I hope I can find someone to go with.

8. Mott the barber

That's my biggest problem too. Dragged my old gf to see S1 and she liked it but nowhere near as into it as I was.

It's definitely not your typical "date" material. :D

9. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

10. chrinFinity

chrinFinity Captain Captain

That's not true. I am in Canada, I went to see it with my boyfriend and another friend of mine. It was definitely playing in Mississauga and Toronto.

In fact, i got to see it twice... because the next week after, they were supposed to be playing an anniversary edition of Wrath of Khan, and they couldn't find the movie and ended up playing TNG S1 again. lol

11. NewHorizon

Sorry, I've addressed this in other threads in more detail so perhaps I wasn't clear. 'Cineplex Odeon' carried Season 1 in Western and Central Canada because there was a distributor. We don't have Cineplex Odeon on the east coast. I'm talking about 'Empire Theaters', which is our only option on the East Coast of Canada. When I contacted Empire about carrying Season 1, they said they had no screens to carry it because of The Dark Knight taking up all of their resources...which seemed like a lame reason considering it's a one night event. When I asked them about carrying Season 2, they now say there is no distributor for Season 2 in Canada and they won't be carrying it either.

12. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

13. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Got the tickets today...had a good time for the last one .:bolian:

14. NewHorizon

I tracked down the distributor for the Season 1 event in Canada. They were unable to make arrangements for Season 2 in time, so there will be no Season 2 event in Canada. :(

I put the bug in their ear to make sure we get Season 3 from coast to coast.

15. Savage Dragon

That sucks. It looks like the timing of my move to the US was very fortunate.

16. Doug Otte

Doug Otte Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

17. BillJ

My daughter and I are going again. She loves Q, Who? and has never seen The Measure of a Man.

18. Savage Dragon

That's awesome! I can't wait until I can watch Star Trek with my daughter. Although even though she's just two and a half she already knows what the Enterprise is.

I was watching a documentary on the solar system the other day and when she saw the planets she said she wanted to to see the Enterprise.

19. BillJ

Kids are great! But they grow up fast. Seems like just yesterday she was jumping out of her seat when the Borg appendage popped out of Picard's face in First Contact, now she's nineteen and in college.

20. Mott the barber

Yep, agreed. S2 Troi and then S6 pre-uniform were my favorites. Love the close up shots of her new look in "The Child." Even without prosthetics, something about her in her new look early on made her look "alien."