Bungie's Activision contract revealed

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PsychoPere, May 22, 2012.

1. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

As part of Activision's legal troubles with former Infinity Ward developers Vince Zampella and Jason West, Bungie's contract with the publisher was unsealed through the courts.

Here are some interesting tidbits from the contract regarding Bungie's future games to be published by Activision:
    The above links also go into some detail on the financial arrangements.

I think the most interesting news out of all of this is the possibility that Bungie may develop a new Marathon, though I've never played the original titles. I did purchase the Marathon Durandal Xbox Live port, but haven't been able to try it out for more than a few minutes at a time without experiencing discomfort.

2. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Hmm what I find interesting is that "Destiny" is supposed to start out as a 360 exclusive, with the sequels being multi platform. It seems like an unusual step to take this late in the consoles life cycle.

3. StalwartUK

StalwartUK Captain Captain

Why would they not want to release the first game on other platforms too? Unless it's gonna be please don't say it's so - 1 or 2 years afterwards.

4. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Joystiq notes that the first game would (some articles I've read say "could" - I haven't looked at the contract myself to clarify) be released on other systems one year after its Xbox-exclusive release.