Cacelled Shows 2012-2013

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Starbreaker, May 11, 2013.

1. Raze

Raze Ensign Newbie

There isn't much on television that I care about watching. Game of Thrones and Community are basically the only shows I look forward to watching.

Hopefully some great shows come out of these cancellations.

2. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

The New Normal was cancelled too? I didn't know that.

3. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

Sadly (or not, however you want to look at it), yes:
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/05/the-new-normal-canceled-joins-nbcs-comedy-graveyard.html

It's kind of crazy how many comedies NBC has canceled this year. I wonder what the heck will be on the air next year.

4. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

1600 Penn was stupid, but it was the good kind of stupid, like Monk. It was light and fun and let us just have a ball with a topic that usually makes people want to throw things at each other.

My favorite moment of the show was where the Pres had to make a difficult decision about an appointment, then they did a jump cut where he said "I've made a decision...I'M GOING TO THE RANCH!"

Also Breaking Bad is ending after one more run of shows this summer, right? Pickings getting slimmer. And Dexter is ending but they haven't had a good season since early.

Also no good serial dramas or serial scifi shows. I guess NBC is trying with Revolution. Nifty premise and setting, but they forgot that Lost had a ridiculously awesome cast. I should try again to like Mad Men.

5. 1001001

I agree. 1600 Penn was amusing enough. The son was hilarious, like a poor man's Zach Galifianakis.

I think Person of Interest is pretty good. And although it started pretty slowly, The Americans picked up nicely as it went on.

As for sci-fi, there's always Doctor Who.

:techman:

6. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

JirinPanthosa, I figured out why you thought The Simpsons was being cancelled, the talks you heard about were for TWO seasons. The show is in it's 24th, but last summer they did new deals and such to keep it on the air through the 25th, next season. Next season might be the last. I think it would make sense for them to end after the 25th season and continue with the movies.

7. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

Has Person of Interest become more serialized? I watched the first half of the first season and it became too "crime of the week" for me, which can be fun in its own way but not as appointment viewing for me. If it's improved I might give it another shot.

8. 1001001

Yes, it seems to me there were very few stand alone episodes this year, and there were multiple arcs related to HR, the cops helping our heroes, Elias, Root, Harold's past, etc. etc.

Now that I think about it, there really was a lot going on simultaneously...

9. Bisz

Bisz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Only show on there I have interest in is Happy Endings. Season one was good, I still need to pop the S2 disks in by BD player one of these days.

10. bigdaddy

Happy Endings might be saved by USA who wants to get into the comedy business.

11. Third Nacelle

Third Nacelle Captain Captain

Without 30 Rock and The Office, I will no longer have any reason to watch network television. Everything I like is on cable now - discounting the possibility of something good starting this fall.

12. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

And how likely is that?

13. 1001001

If you liked The Office and 30 Rock, have you given Parks and Recreation a try?

14. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's about time they officially killed Rules of Engagement. Whenever it felt like that show was gone for good, it would come back again.It's hard to care about most of those shows on that list, although I did enjoy Leverage on the rare occasion I watched it.

15. Third Nacelle

Third Nacelle Captain Captain

I forgot all about P&R. Ok, I now have one half-hour a week of network television watching. Still doesn't say much about the state of television in America.

16. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

I haven't been watching Person of Interest with any consistency, but I have really enjoyed The Americans. It is the one new show that has survived for me. Everything else I watch has been on for a while. I didn't mind the slow start - it only made it feel more 80's to me. Plus, I think they needed to spend some time getting us invested in the characters. After all, we are rooting for KGB spies against our own government here.

I think it's a good show and I plan to watch it next season.

17. 1001001

Me too.

I'm hoping they move a little further toward the political angles, and a little away from the interpersonal drama.

Person of Interest has become so serialized, I doubt anyone could pick it up now without watching the entire series. Lots of arcs going on.

18. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

When Person of Interest started, I thought about dropping it because of the case of the week format, but decided to stick with it just in case it became arc heavy. I gave up on Fringe early on and didn't want to make the same mistake.

19. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

The broadcast networks ordered 16 new half-hour comedies this season. Only two of them - ABC's The Neighbors and Fox's The Mindy Project - were renewed for a second season.

20. bigdaddy

The Mindy Project shouldn't have, it's a show without a point. The one that really surprises me is Go On being canceled.