Joss Whedon's S.H.I.E.L.D to ABC!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

S.H.E.I.L.D. will be "autonomous" from Avengers.

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

3. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm still deciding whether this is feasible for TV, but what about Quasar? The character did originate as a SHIELD agent and got his quantum-bands from them.

His powers are basically the equivalent of a Green Lantern. The effects wouldn't quite require the same level of interaction with his environment as those of an overtly physical character. Might be easier to animate. Plus the powers might be severely limited, at least at first. Maybe the show could spend the first season with him in a lab. He's just investigating the quantum-bands to see what they do, but they could throw in some superheroic stuff now and then as he learns.

4. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I could see an example of "peppering" in to be taking something like the "Item 47" short and making that a one or two part tie-in episode.

The show could, if it served the purpose, tell stories that are impacted from a movie but not be tied directly to the events. Just use those as your point of reference.

5. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    Carol Danvers should be played by Caroline Dhavernas, just for name synchronicity. (Kinda like when Alan Doyle played Alan A'Dayle in Ridley Scott's Robin Hood adaptation.)

6. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

According to the tag line on her comic, she is "Earth's Mightiest Hero".

7. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Too old.

8. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Which, really is the only way such a shows could be done to avoid interfering with The Aveangers sequel, plus the upcoming sequels for the other movis which contributed to The Avengers, some of which (particularly Iron Man and Thor) are likely to feature SHIELD.

9. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    Which, the actress or my continuing fascination with the short-runned, long-cancelled Wonderfalls?:p

10. Christopher

Dhavernas is 34, only three years older than Dushku. Hardly seems too old to play an Air Force major.

11. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I still think Jeri Ryan could pull off Carol Danvers ;) Saw her on Leverage, she's still pretty frickin' hot. Although I suppose I could see THIS happening.

"Hey Jeri, here's your Ms. Marvel costume." holds out the spandex outfit with high heeled boots.

"Oh hell no." :walks off set.: :Walks back ON set: "How much did you say you were going to pay me?"

12. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Both.:p

Also people need to give up on the hope that Whedon is going to fill the entire cast of this show or Avengers 2 with actors from his previous efforts like Firefly or Dollhouse.

13. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I would be disappointed if he didn't use a couple of them in some capacity, though. People are fans of his stable of actors for a reason: They're awesome.

14. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

She-Hulk and Moonstone might disagree with that.

15. Christopher

She's a little past the age to play a superhero, but yeah, she would've been a great choice in her prime. (I also realized recently that she looks almost exactly like She-Ra, Princess of Power. A shame they didn't do a live-action She-Ra movie ten years ago.)

Well, they should use her new Captain Marvel costume, which is a lot more practical and classy than the bathing-suit-and-sash thingy, actually looking like something a military officer would be willing to wear.

Not the entire cast, of course; each new series he's done has added more awesome actors to the stable of Whedon vets. But most filmmakers and TV producers have actors they return to over and over because they work well together. There are a lot of repeat Whedon performers -- Eliza Dushku, Amy Acker, Alexis Denisof, Adam Baldwin, Gina Torres, Nathan Fillion, Summer Glau, Alan Tudyk, Mark Sheppard (although that hardly counts, since everyone uses him every chance they get). I'm sure he'll pick the best cast for this project, as he always does, and won't just populate it with familiar faces; Firefly's regulars included four actors who'd been guests on Buffy or Angel, three of whom had played recurring roles, but Dollhouse's regular cast was all-new except for Dushku, though it included prominent guests such as Acker, Denisof, and Tudyk. Denisof was also in The Avengers -- he played Loki's Chitauri "handler," so his was both the first and last voice heard in the film, I believe -- and Whedon vets Enver Gjokaj and Ashley Johnson had bit parts in it.

So yeah, we'll see new faces, but we'll probably see familiar ones too, at least as guests.

16. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

Somehow I doubt if any superpowered SHIELD agents will be on the show as regular.

17. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

They aren't being pushed as Marvel's premier heroine.:p

18. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually, I think it's the other way around, at least with three of them. Summer Glau of course had a guest episode prior, but I think Nathan Fillion and Gina Torres' recurring roles came after Firefly - late in Seasons 7 and 4 of Buffy and Angel respectively. Adam Baldwin's role on Angel Season 5 definitely came afterwards.

19. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Although it is interesting to note that Nathan Fillion did audition for the role of Angel in Buffy's early days. He didn't get far enough along to even meet Whedon, though. :lol:

20. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Cool news. Depending on the focus and who gets cast, I'll be interested in watching this. I do wonder if SLJ will be involved any way despite the show being "autonomous."