TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Gold Grizzly, Oct 31, 2005.

1. I am not Spock

I am not Spock Commodore Commodore

Hi , ninetofive. I'm in Australia, too, and I know what you mean. ST has always been a more underground phenomenon over here. Channel Nine were very annoying back in the day with their 12am timeslots.

I also lived in the UK back in the nineties, and ST seemed much more accepted and popular over there.

2. Jarkton

Jarkton Cadet Newbie

Hey,
    Im new to this site - been a trek fan since i was a little kid - remember watching it with DS9 with my dad when i was like 4. However the episode that got me into next gen was 11001001, i love the binars :bolian:

Datas's probably my fave character in next gen - equaled only by Picard or Riker.

3. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

Welcome to all the new TNG fans. :cool:

4. Lt_Wandrey

Lt_Wandrey Lieutenant Red Shirt

Greetings all. :) I've been a fan of TNG since it came out. I'm 26, female, single, and an artist.

My two favorite characters from TNG as a kid had to be Worf and Data. Data was always so innocent and would make a good friend. Worf was just plain cool.

5. LaBarre

LaBarre Commander Red Shirt

I'm a ST:TNG fan from almost the beginning of its airing on tv in Oz. Much in sympathy with I Am Not Spock, but perhaps less exhausted, as its airing on local tv matched beautifully with my break in university studies.

There was something so transcendent about the show, that it served to move me almost effortlessly away from the Tort and Contract law I was studying at the time and on to bed.

And who would have thought that an Irish-Australian gal could fall so hard so soon for such a tightarse commanding officer - French by name, but English to a fault!

6. Wolfslice

Wolfslice Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hey, I've had a few posts already but I'd just like to say hi. Big TNG and DS9 fan located in the bay area, california.

I make my greeting in this subforum because TNG is the best incarnation of Star Trek, simply because it has the best cast and the best characters.

7. Albertus

Albertus Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hi to all! I'm Albertus, 52 last October and I have been a Trek fan since the beginning. I used to hang at the now defunct Helix Board.

I still like to make model ships and have a very nice set of Enterprises. My favourite ship is the E-D. :drool:
    Picard is my favourite captain. Sophisticated, resourceful, unflappable(usually) and intelligent - and a bit of a ladies man, when the situation arises. :cool:

I can't single out any particular episode as being the best, they all have their good and bad points, but the 'jelly-fish' aliens 'holding hands' at the end of Encounter at Farpoint was so schmaltzy that it made me laugh out loud, thankfully, things improved.

Well thats it for now.

Happy Trekking and see you around the Board. :)

Albertus

8. Finnegan

Finnegan Captain Captain

Hey, all. Finnegan here. Been a huge ST fan since it started to run on tv in syndication back in 1970's. I'm from Canada, an you can find some form of Trek on tv at almost any hour of the day or night. So I'm happy...

9. Admiral X

Admiral X Cadet Newbie

Hello all, my 1st post here.
    Headed straight for TNG section as I grew up with it being show here in UK for the 1st times while I was in high school!
    I feel I really was quite lucky to grow up in such a golden era of the show being made. :cool:

10. kissthestar

kissthestar Captain Captain

Original airdate fan of TOS. TNG was the answer to my prayers. 1st season a bit disappointing, but other seasons great. Especially like the ep where Picard lives an aliens entire life after being zapped by a gadget. Poignant. Also like the one with the game visers addiction. It's the Ashley Judd guest spot and Troi/fudge sundae scene that make the show. I miss TNG.

11. saloonstudios

saloonstudios Ensign Newbie

I'm surprised by how many people there are around my age with similar experiences. I'm 24 and I remember very clearly watching All Good Things on the edge of my seat. When that episode was over I had an empty feeling in my stomach for sure. When the DVDs started coming out (2001ish?) I started buying them and after I'd watched them all I was slightly disappointed to find out that I had in fact already seen all of the episodes either first-run or during weekly reruns.
    The TNG crew was my other family and I still visit them once a week or so on my ipod.
    Oh, Riker of course is my favorite, and Where Silence Has Lease in S2 is my favorite episode. Great Riker line in that episode too-

12. agordy85

agordy85 Ensign Red Shirt

I've enjoyed TNG for many years. Data has always been my most favorite character with Q being my favorite guest star. My favorite episode would have to either be Q Who?, Best of Both Worlds 1 & 2, or Yesterday's Enterprise. I also love all the episodes that allowed the characters to be other characters, like when Picard or Data performs Shakespeare, or when Picard becomes PI Dix, Data becomes Sherlock, etc. I've actually met Brent Spiner and John DeLancie. It was quite an experience.

13. My2tailwaggers

My2tailwaggers Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hello All! My name is Debbie and I live in South Florida (but I am from San Diego). I have been a fan of all things Trek since TNG came out. I enjoy the whole cast of TNG... no favorite really. I attended the Las Vegas Convention this year and had a great time meeting the cast that were present. I am flying home in a couple of weeks to check out the Star Trek Exhibit in the Air and Space museum in San Diego and I cant wait for that!
    I really enjoy reading all of the TNG books.. esp the relaunch ones taking place after the series ended (which I guess would include the Titan books with Troi and Riker!).

14. P0sitr0nic

P0sitr0nic Vice Admiral Admiral

Im a TNG fan, but im a fan of all Trek as well. TNG got a little too preachy for me at times, but overall it was a good series.

15. Captain Zog

Captain Zog Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Well, I'm just an all-round Star Trek perv, but it was TNG that got me into the show(s) way back in the early 90s. I've always found early TNG, with its supremely 80s feel, campy, almost TOS atmosphere and sense of galactic danger quite compelling. That said, I think the series just went from strength to strength, with TNG developing into a wonderful example of mature Trek from Season 3 onwards. What else is there to say? The show laid the basis for the subsequent series' and I just love it.

16. ChickenPug!

ChickenPug! Lieutenant Red Shirt

I guess you can say I rediscovered STNG. I grew up watching it with my dad. One of my first memories is sitting on my Dad's shoulder because the theater lobby was too crowded at a Khan screening.

When my disgust for George Lucas became too much to ignore, I began re watching STNG in order. I feel in love with it, and it captured my imagination again. So that brought me here.

I won't argue what is better between each incarnation of Star Trek. The only complaint is they killed off K'Ehleyr. You can have Crusher, Troi or Yar but I'll take K'Ehleyr.

17. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I still wish local syndicated stations had the right to TNG reruns because they were such a stape of late 90s television around my parts. You could watch TOS and TNG on the same Fox station on the same night, sometimes back to back depending on the time of year.

18. Commander Rabbit

Commander Rabbit Commander

I'm Commander Rabbit, age 58, female, love all things TNG... the way it deals w/ serious issues, morality, philosophy, etc.; the characters; the optimistic view of the future...

Nice to meet you all.

19. Mr Pointy Ears

Mr Pointy Ears Captain Captain

G'day everyone, i am a huge TNG fan,i have watched all 7 season over and over again,my favourite character would be number 1,think it a great show,the better trek show than the others including the original series.

20. 2 of 10

2 of 10 Captain Captain

WOW, Quite a turnout this thread has generated, love it. I am 48, which means I was around to see TOS in it's first run, I was pretty young way back then, however it did manage to captivate my imagination, what made it really cool is that just a couple later we actually did land on the moon.

I had to wait 18 years for TNG to make it's debut, I thought it may be just like TOS however it was anything but TOS. I really liked the bald Capt, The Klingon Tacticle officer, (I thought they still looked like the Tribbles Klingons) The guy with the weird Visors, The blonde security officer, The hot Telepath, The Redhead Doc and her annoying kid, and finally the gold skinned android names Data.

Much bigger ship, that could seperate the saucer section from the nacell rear section. Bigger, Better, Faster, Cooler with much better FX. Needless to say I was hooked from the start...LLAP