3 more TOS novels added to S&S catalog for 2013

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Defcon, Jul 8, 2012.

1. CaptainDonovin

CaptainDonovin Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

TOS isn't at the tops of my list either but the lot from 2012 were good reads, I even picked up Ex Machina & enjoyed that too. Looking forward to this years (2013).

2. Lunarflower

Lunarflower Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yeah. I have read all of the Starfleet Academy books. But I still really wanted to read the ones that were supposed to come out.

3. darkcoffee

darkcoffee Ensign Newbie

I was fairly pleased with the Devil's Bargain giant red Spock cover. It was a good decision to go with a somewhat devilish looking Spock since they decided not to spoil one of the story's twists in the cover copy or on the cover. I don't know if it's a huge surprise what the twist turns out to be, but that's the way they wanted to go. I believe the artist was working off the original flap copy, which was not accurate for the final book. There is no mining colony other than Janus VI in the book (and since I mention Janus VI, you can probably guess what the hidden twist might be). The (non Federation) colony where a great deal of the book takes place is an agricultural and bio products affair in the story. It had to be non Federation for the *real* twist to work, btw. :-) But, all that said, I really like the cover.

Tony D.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't know if "the twist", is really much of a twist in the novel itself. I believe that the author has already talked about which familiar race is involved in the story.

5. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You are aware you're talking to the author, right? :rommie:

6. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

:lol:Welcome to Trek BBS, Tony D!

7. darkcoffee

darkcoffee Ensign Newbie

JD, yes, exactly.

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was not.
    Welcome to the boards. I'm really looking forward to the book. :techman:

9. Kertrats47

Kertrats47 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I really like the cover as well, and I'm a big fan of those particular Janus VI-related lifeforms. Excited to check this one out when it's released.

And welcome to the forums, it's always great to have authors to talk to! Don't let us scare you off, okay? :techman: