Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Angelina Jolie.

2. Captain Mike

Captain Mike Commodore Commodore

The image for me lies in the hate column so far, so I will need to see a better pic out there and will reserve my full judgment till then.

3. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought this was a discussion board, where we shared our views and expressed ourselves. I'm aware it's common for British actors to play such roles but you're the one who seems to think that only a British actor can play Jor-El - even though Brando was an American!

I actually thought that Brando was trying to do his British accent in Superman; it was much the same as the one he did in A Dry White Season, Mutiny and Julius Caesar. But then again, what does a Kryptonian sound like? And he still hasn't acknowledged that Crowe can do a British accent!!!!!

Thank you.

It's also worth pointing out that Superman the Movie was filmed in England and English actors were thus available and accessible to the production. I can see also why perhaps the producers wanted to make a distinction between the old civilisation of Krypton and that of Earth, largely represented by the American locations in Metropolis and Smallville. Differing accents and heavyweight Brit thesps like Trevor Howard and Harry Andrews no doubt seemed like obvious choices. But that still doesn't mean 'Kryptonians are British' or 'Only a Brit can play Jor-El.

4. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

Costner was at the Cub game yesterday. I guess they're still filming around here. Russell Crowe took his kids to the children's museum where my sister works last week.

5. Captaindemotion

^ Did he abuse any of the staff, as is his wont?

6. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

Nope. She said he was very nice.

7. Captaindemotion

^ Is she sure it was actually him?! ;)

8. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

How about Lucy Liu? That way, they can get the LL pattern going, too.

9. Admiral Buzzkill

Works for me - say no more!

10. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lyle Lovett?

11. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

12. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Glad production has begun! I still wonder if the production will be coming to Canada at all. I know what's been reported in the past about Alberta but I'm still confused about all the locations they're using for the movie.

13. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Hmm, so I guess as Clark he'll have the big, wild curly hair, and as Supes it'll be slicked down more?

Or is this just his Young Clark hair?

14. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Young Clark hair would be my guess. I suspect he could have changing/evolving hair styles similar to Christian Bale in "Batman Begins".

15. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    ^I always thought that, in the scene where Bruce Wayne gets beat up by Falcone's thugs in the restaurant, Bale looked a lot like Christopher Reeve.

16. Captaindemotion

^ He actually reminded me of a young Anthony Perkins. Seriously.

17. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

18. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Heh, so much for those saying the bank vault background was just CG.

19. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

No, you see, given the color of the set piece and how different it is from the picture, it is obvious that they built it after the picture was release because everybody was complaining about it, so they wanted it to look like it really wasn't CGI. Snyder is just trying to cover up his crappiness as a director!

:shifty:

Seriously though, I'm sure there is someone out there who will jump to a conspiracy theory like that.

20. Admiral Buzzkill

Probably one reason people thought it was CG is that, judging from the appearance of the set piece in that candid photo, a lot of post-processing was done on the Cavill image.