Feline Follies

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Alienesse, Feb 18, 2012.

1. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

2. StarCruiser

StarCruiser Commodore Commodore

This is why I know cats DO have 9 lives!

Just about any other critter falling that far would have been either dead or very hurt...

Of course, "Gizmo" used up several of those spare lives that time.

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Was the ferret too heavy to pick up and carry around? Because if not, you could call them Bud Light. :beer:

4. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

<groan> BaDum Tish. He'll be here all week folks!

Cats are amazingly resilient sometimes. My cat (the one eyed black cat a few posts up) is a rescue cat. He has a bullet lodged behind his ear. He has very little depth perception and he jumped off of our 3rd floor balcony when we thought we had cat proofed the railing. Shudder. Needless to say, he no longer has balcony privileges!

Tough little scoundrel!

5. StarCruiser

My family has had cats attacked by large dogs - and survived; and one caught inside the engine compartment of a neighbor's car - and survived...

To paraphrase Londo Molari: They are INSANE!

6. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

3 months after our little Holly died, we got another little cat called Lily. She's about 5 months old now and we've just taught her to play fetch : D

You throw the little ball onto the windowsil and she'll jump up, grab it in her mouth, trot back over to you and drop it in your lap : )

7. StarCruiser

And they say cats can't learn tricks!

8. Myko

Myko Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

9. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

^:lol:

Kitty looks surprised.

10. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

What is it with cats and doors?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A friends cat.

11. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I've never actually seen a cat do that.

12. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

I don't have a picture of it, but at a park I go to and play with the homeless cats, I walked by one day and there on the fence, which has thick-ish wodden posts every few feet, the cats where sitting on three posts in a row watching me. Oh yeah, it was adorable.

13. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

It's propably a little off-topic but I found this news article today:
    https://uk.news.yahoo.com/curious-c...r-getting-stuck-in-a-mousetrap-132855416.html

A tiny kitten got its paw caught in a mousetrap. The little chap is apparently orphaned and was hungry. Passers by found the kitten and brought it to a vet but the leg had to be amputated. That doesn't keep the little one from climbing, though :) A tough little thing and absolutely adorable!
    So, if any of you are from Oxfordshire and happen to be looking for a new cat - how about adopting this cute furball?
    [​IMG]

Oh, btw it's a girl and her name is Babybell (after the cheese)

14. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I may need a bit of advice. I just got a new little kitten. I already have two older cats, about 3 years old, each. One of them is adapting pretty well to the little guy. The other can't stand him. Not only is he constantly hissing at him, but he is spending more and more time away from the house. Does anyone know an effective way to get the older cat to be more accepting of the newbie? Thanks.

15. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

One of mine used to sit on top of the kitchen door when it was open. It was a pretty easy jump from the top of the refrigerator.

Check out a book called Cat vs. Cat: Keeping Peace When You Have More Than One Cat, by Pam Johnson-Bennett. I found it to be very helpful. I don't have more specific advise, though, because my cats were indoors only and were adopted at the same time, so our issues were different.

16. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

17. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

sbk, I suspect the older cat is feeling jealous and neglected since (quite naturally) there's a lot of fuzz atm about the kittie. So he/she is developing an "if you don't want me..." attitude. Try spending more time with the older cat (quality time: playing, feeding it little treats, grooming it or snuggling it, whatever it likes best) and make it obvious to the cat that it's still the #1 for you.
    Imagine how you'd feel if your SO would suddenly hang out with the neighbour every spare moment. Your cat feels just as hurt atm.

18. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Got a package in the mail today--a gift from a friend. Junior is "box heaven" right now.
    [​IMG]

19. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

That reminds me. I've been noticing how our cat doesn't seem to care either way about boxes.

20. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Aww :). Junior is really beautiful/handsome.