More Star Wars films announced

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Candlelight, Feb 6, 2013.

1. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Those are all great points. Well put.

As a footnote, George Lucas does have film credits on a documentary film, Gimme Shelter. He was with the crew that filmed the Altamont concert, but his camera jammed and none of the footage in the final film was his [http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000184/#CameraandElectricalDepartment, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gimme_Shelter_(1970_film)[Sabulis, Tom (5 November 1989). "Rock Nightmare Twenty Years Ago Altamont Marked the End of An Era". The Chicago Tribune: p. 5.]].

2. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Exactly. There was something very matter-of-fact about all the droids and creatures inhabiting the worlds of ANH and ESB, where in the prequels every CG effect calls attention to itself and seems to show off for the camera.

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

It will get ignored, much like your post was for the last page and a half.:lol:

4. Blip

Blip Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^ Burrrrn! :D

5. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Giantfreakinrobot is now repeating the Harrison Ford/Episode VII report so unless the entire thing is a masterful red herring of some sort to give a PR boost to Ford's currently moribund career or things change in the future and he eventually backs out I guess I'll just stick to the assumption that Han Solo will be in at least one of the next three episodes.

Since Harrison under most conceivable scenarios would be the most difficult of the OT actors to get to agree to return, that opens the door for everybody else to jump in so long as their health allows them. Mark, Carrie, Peter, Anthony and Kenny, Billy Dee....even Denis Lawson (Wedge) would be fun to see again as an aging Rebel Alliance veteran with some sort of honored status in the New Republic.

"Of course we should listen to Antilles....he knows what he's talking about. He survived both Death Stars, you know!"

6. sojourner

I think technology at this point will have taken Kenny's role as R2.

7. CorporalCaptain

Oh my god, you've killed Ke--

Couldn't resist. :devil:

8. cooleddie74

Kenny didn't have much to do at times during the Prequel films but George kept him around for certain closeups he felt would be better served with Baker inside an astro droid shell. Nah, he probably wouldn't get much work in Episode VII but if he's still around when shooting commences I'd be very stunned if he wasn't signed to return.

After all, it wouldn't feel like a complete SW film without "....and KENNY BAKER as Artoo-Detoo (R2-D2)" flashing across the screen during the closing credits.

9. sojourner

Much like it won't feel like a SW film without 20th Century Fox at the opening.

10. CorporalCaptain

Baker makes a difference. Even if none of his takes made it into the final film, I'd want him in there to keep the bar of R2's behavior up at a certain level.

11. cooleddie74

Solution:

Disney buys Fox and News Corp. Problem taken care of.:evil:

12. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Talk about two birds.

13. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

And even then, it appeared he wasn't really strong enough anymore to make Artoo wiggle and shake like he did in the OT.

14. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

I think they would sign him (and Daniels) on anyway just so their names would appear in the credits. It would not be a waste of casting dollars, and as you said it's worth it to see their names in the credits.

At this point, they would use Daniels only for his voice. Something seems wrong about shoving a 70 year old guy into a suit like that.

15. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    I dunno. Depends on the old guy. Some 70 year olds absolutely deserve that treatment!

I think it would be best if they adhered to EU continuity as best they can and only deviate from it when they absolutely have to.

The Storm Troopers weren't tracking Obi-Wan. They were tracking the droids. It couldn't have been too hard to follow the droid tracks to nearby sandcrawler tracks. Afterwards, it's merely a matter of torturing Jawas.

Naw. Continuity is easier when everything's fast & loose.

16. cooleddie74

17. CorporalClegg

Fuck Karpyshyn and the horse he rode in on! :mad:

*Obligatory nerd RAGE for the month.

18. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I think the original KOTR game would make for a very good movie.

19. CorporalClegg

I'm assuming it would be some sort of spin-off, most likely having to do with the Mando Wars.

20. CorporalCaptain

God, so everything's coming out of the fucking woodwork to get a piece of the pie.