Should Simon Pegg cut off middle finger out of respect for canon?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Jayson, Mar 18, 2008.

1. EliyahuQeoni

EliyahuQeoni Commodore Commodore

Redmond, Oregon, United States of America
    Found this at TrekCore:
    [​IMG]
    And its not on K-7, its the Enterprise rec room.

2. Zeppster

Zeppster Commodore Commodore

And you can't even tell the finger is gone in that shot. That could easily be seen as a bent finger. Of course we know it's a missing finger but cannon actually has Scott with 10 fingers.

3. EliyahuQeoni

EliyahuQeoni Commodore Commodore

Redmond, Oregon, United States of America
    Not really. Its pretty obvious that he's missing a finger. In the position his hand is in no normal finger would bend in that way.

4. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, if you look at the position of hjis other joints, you can definately see it's just a nub.

5. Zeppster

I don't disagree but it's not as obvious to me. Actually the most obvious might be at the start of Lights of Zitar in season 3.

6. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & BEYOND! Moderator

Until I started using the Internet and reading Trek sites I never noticed Doohan was missing a finger.

7. Zeppster

That's exactly what I mean. I'm not trying to give a view of a fanatic like some are here. You have to go from the view of someone that just watches the shows or doesn't know the inside of the people. If you just are a fan and watch the shows there's not really much clear evidence of Scotty having no middle finger. Just a couple of shots and you can't tell 100% sure on most of those.

8. CmdrBCrusherM.D.

CmdrBCrusherM.D. Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I never knew he was missing a digit! I can't believe it. I do think in that pic tho he could've had a finger and been using it to stimulate the tribble that was directly on top of it. That would explain why we couldn't see it, because it was in the tribble, not holding it like the other fingers were!!! :guffaw:

9. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Is the tribble smiling?

10. CmdrBCrusherM.D.

CmdrBCrusherM.D. Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

It's really hard to tell with those darn tribbles, but i'd be willing to bet he is, a very big smile at that! ;)

11. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

After reading this thread in its entirety, I cannot fathom why anyone would ever make fun of Star Trek fans.

12. EnsignRicky

EnsignRicky Commodore Commodore

Man, ignorance truely is bliss. I just had a revelation that to many of you would be pretty duh. You have to understand that aside from the the more famous actors, I have absolutely no idea who most of these people are; I've never seen an episode of Heroes or Lost, so I only know most of them from the names I see here on a daily basis. I have however seen Shawn Of The Dead, though I didn't know any of the actors by name, now here comes the duh; Freakin' Simon (Shawn) Pegg is going to play Scotty? I'm sorry but that's pretty lame. I also just learned that he was in MI III, something else I've not seen, so I guess it makes sense coming from a director who likes to pick from the same tree. Maybe I'm still in shock, but my enthusiasm for this project has just dropped by about fifty percent; I don't care how many fingers he lops off, this doofus reminds me nothing of Scotty. I'm going to head off now and live in fear of what I might learn next.

13. Tralah

Tralah Wasting Time Until May 2009 Fleet Captain

Heh, with that attitude it's probably a good thing you haven't seen Quinto in Heroes. ;) Seriously though, actors who are worth their salt should be able to believably portray a variety of different characters. I haven't seen Pegg in anything, so I don't know if he's capable of doing so, but maybe someone else who has seen Pegg in multiple shows can chime in?

14. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

Lock yourself away in a white castle somewhere before you learn any other disturbing casting info.

15. EnsignRicky

I hope I'm over reacting, but from what I've seen of him in Shawn Of The Dead, they could just have well gotten Eddie Izzard. I've heard a little about what a psycho Quinto plays in Heroes, but he at least looks kinda like Spock; Oh well, time will tell.

16. EnsignRicky

Yeah I've seen that one too; The Harold Kumar guy should be an ok Sulu.
    And I live in New York, so if it actually came down to it, I probably could lock myself in a White Castle; Wouldn't be the first time.

17. Zeppster

I think we should wait till we see the movie to say that these guys can't do their roles or they can do their roles.

18. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Having been a fan of The Pegg for the past ten years, I'm understandably feeling a bit glass-half-full about his role. Same as I am for the project as a whole, really.

:D

19. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm glad I'm a new member... I heard that any death threats to crew of ST XI is being investigated at the highest level of government.
    AP News- Vice-President Cheney was seen cleaning his gun today... mumbled something about a BS BBS causing trouble... ;-)

20. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

James Doohan was a good actor, but in all honesty, he never got to stretch his talents in Star Trek playing Scotty... except when he was suspected of murder. It was a good Scotty episode.