Any Trek actors on this board?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by evangelist6589, May 26, 2014.

1. Jonas Grumby

Jonas Grumby Vice Admiral Admiral

According to every account I've ever come across, he was. :techman:

2. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think 2takesfrakes is actually Brent Spiner, fucking with us.

3. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

One of the earliest shows I remember seeing Alan in was when he starred in the series Casey Jones, about the legendary train engineer.

4. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Unfortunately, fan based fora are not the most friendly toward the people who provide the stuff from which fandom is made.

Fans will say things on a forum about people they supposedly admire that they would never have the balls to say to that person face-to-face.

I've seen it happen elsewhere, in non-genre fora, where a "celebrity" comes on only to be greeted by less than knowledgable and dumbass opinion that after a while drives away said celebrity.

These folks are people first, and celebrities second. They expect the same respect that we "regular" people do, and they deserve it, as do we all.

As much as I've seen people here take offense at the slightest offhand comment, I would think that those same people would be careful not to offend others by their own comments. But it doesn't really work that way in this online age of "disparage first, think later."

Think before you speak. Be respectful. Then maybe the actors whose work we admire will feel free to interact on a forum such as this.

I don't really expect that to happen, but hey. Just sayin'.

5. Jonas Grumby

Jonas Grumby Vice Admiral Admiral

casey jones

:D

6. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

... Think, again!

:rommie: >>SNORT!!!<<

If I were a celebrity, visiting Fan sites wouldn't really interest me. Any and every celebrity has fans. I'd be more interested in peer-recognition and getting other work. So, nopes! I'm just an obscure STAR TREK fan, sir ... particularly of The Next Generation, that's true, but Just a Fan, never-the-less ...

7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ I highly doubt that any Trek actor would...snort.

8. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

^ Depends what they're snorting.

9. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

:wtf: Damn. No more exhibits needed after that one. :eek:

10. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

The joys of anonymity, this board could be full of Trek actors (main and recurring) and we’d never know.

Maybe they’re watching us right now...:shifty:

11. Robert Comsol

Robert Comsol Commodore Commodore

Despite what he claims I don't recall him ever posting a picture of Brent Spiner and one of his lady friends. Very suspicious! :lol:

Bob

12. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    I co-admin a Doctor Who forum dedicated to Tom Baker (the Fourth Doctor). The forum owner created a ready-made account for his convenience just in case he ever wanted to say hello. He hasn't yet, but one can hope.

If he ever did, I suspect every member of that forum would promptly swoon in front of our keyboards, as we unreservedly respect and adore him... :)

13. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Fan Sites are really all about the fans, when you think about it. They are fancentric, catering to ideas, hopes and fantasies they have ... not those that the actual celebrities have. I'm not given to fantasies about chatting with celebrities, myself. What am I going to say to Brent Spiner? How great it is living in a Mansion? About the limo ride to some Premier? Being poolside with the Kardashians? On the other hand, I really enjoy talking and associating with Creative People, in general. In fact, I couldn't get seriously involved with someone who wasn't an Artist, herself.

14. Mario de Monti

Mario de Monti Captain Captain

This :techman:

And this - especially THIS :techman::techman:

15. Xhiandra

Xhiandra Captain Captain

We're all Brent Spiner. All but you. We have a massive multiple personality disorder, you know.

16. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

We're all different entities downloaded from the "Masks" probe.

17. AustNerevar

AustNerevar Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I know a few Trek actors have appeared at the Star Trek communities over at Reddit, as well as other non-Trek related subreddits. Hell, Wil Wheaton has replied to one of my comments there, before.

They're probably less likely to browse a Star Trek specific forum, but I can't pretend to be very knowledgeable about this.

18. Armored Saint

Armored Saint Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There's worse than being a ST actor in this forum: being producer. Unless you're the ghost of Gene Coon, you would not find the comments about you really pleasant. :p

19. Brolan

Brolan Commodore Commodore

Any celebrity just needs to contact a mod. Once the mods verify their identity they get a green tag with their name on it.

I thought that was standard procedure?

20. Robert Comsol

Robert Comsol Commodore Commodore

I just learned today that we have a TNG screenplay writer on the board but unfortuntely couldn't say which, because he would have said so himself already, if he had wanted to reveal himself (I think he didn't like that I wondered how an unfortunate meeting between the Klingons and the Federation could have given birth to the Prime Directive).

Bob

P.S.
    Please send me a PM if you felt offended and could clarify