Jennifer's Body

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by StarTrek1701, Sep 20, 2009.

1. jep316

jep316 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ok 3rd times the charm..the words Megan Fox and Oscar award winner won't ever be mention in the same sentence in relationship to each other in the meaning of her winning the award.

There smartguys...HA!! :lol:

2. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

:wtf::cardie::wtf::cardie:

3. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I said it. Juno sucked.

4. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Never mind that, let's get back to Megan Fox and Charlize Theron making out...

5. Blue_Trek

Blue_Trek Captain Captain

Megan Fox stock just dropped way down with this movie, seems like her eye candy only goes good with big robots.

6. Thestral

Again, :cardie::wtf:. Any particular reason or do you just hate small-budget indie films and Canadian actresses?

I support this product and/or service. :techman:

7. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Box Office Mojo on its wretched performance (still under 7m):
    (My emphasis.)

Indeed. It might well have done better if it aggressively went after girls, and why not? It's clearly a female-empowerment fable. That poster isn't fooling anyone... especially not with "from the writer of Juno" at the top.

I love Ebert, but he goes a little nuts sometimes, as when he called this "Twilight for boys". Uh, Rog, there already is a "Twilight for boys". It's called The Lord of the Rings.

8. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I haven't seen the movie yet, but plan to around Jan when it hits DVD. No way I pay even matinee for this let alone $9.75. It will be worth it via Netflix for about $2 give or take that month.

Regarding the ad campaign I don't know why they waited till the day before to release these pics. Couldn't have hurt, I like them better than the poster, even though her on that desk is a keeper.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

I don't know, anyone going based on those pictures might be pretty pissed off. I don't recall her wearing that outfit at any point in the movie.

Their biggest mistake was marketing this towards guys. I'm sure plenty of teenaged girls would enjoy it, and it may become something of a cult hit for them on DVD. They should have shown more scenes about the storyline, instead of all of the shots of Megan Fox unzipping her hoodie, etc.

There were even points in the movie itself where it felt like someone was mucking with it from a marketing perspective to get the guys to see it. The much-touted kissing scene is a little pointless and lingers too long. I kind of have a hard time believing that Diablo Cody wrote it into the film like that, in the context of the rest of the movie. They might as well have flashed "THIS IS FOR THE FELLAS!" during that part.

As usual, Cody's dialogue bounced back and forth between being funny and annoying.

10. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Diablo Cody's cutesy, sometimes nonsensical dialogue (I was reminded of "honest to blog" while reading a review of this film recently) can be grating. Other elements annoyed me as well. Anti-abortion protester as cutesy (oh, boy, watch me overuse that word here) and loveable? Planned Parenthood volunteer as multi-pierced, tattoo-ladden distributor of kinky condoms? Juno gets pregnant and the most her parental figures can manage is surprise that Michael Cera's character had it in him? And of course the middle-aged man with an interest in Dario Argento films turns out to be a total creeper. I'm no doubt exaggerating some points, but I haven't had the "pleasure" of a second viewing, so I hope you'll forgive me. What a bizarre and vomit-inducing universe.

11. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

That may be a big part of the problem. Just as the poster has her in that schoolgirl outfit(did she wear that at all in the movie?) these pics are of a glorified and sexed up cheerleader outfit that apparently she didn't wear.

Maybe other pics have her in a French Maid outfit dusting the teachers lounge for all we know. Seems to be the theme the marketing team was taking.

More story in the marketing campain couldn't have hurt, cause the masses don't follow this stuff like we do. Too many of them solely base it off whats in the campaign.

12. JacksonArcher

Megan Fox was in the cheerleading outfit in her very first scene.

13. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

Wow, she's skinny.

I just don't see what all the fuss is about her.

14. Spaceman Spiff

Figures. I came into the theater about five minutes late because my friend was dragging his ass. He's really hot on her, so I'm going to email him those pictures and mock him.

15. JacksonArcher

She's attractive. Honestly I think Amanda Seyfried is hotter. Maybe I have a thing for nerdy blondes.

Harvey pretty much described my problems with Juno in a very cutesy manner. ;)

16. LeahBoBo

LeahBoBo Commander

If I were built like that, I'd run around in that cheerleader outfit for a hot minute. :lol:

Seriously, Fox is eye candy. Still, it takes a lot more than that to drag me into a theater to see basically a 'starlet' these days. Granted, I'm female, so I might be a harder nut to crack, but obviously the target audience wasn't impressed either.

17. Spaceman Spiff

That's just the thing. It was marketed toward guys who think she's hot, but the movie itself is aimed towards teenaged girls.

18. Thestral

Eh, we'll just have to agree to disagree then. It might help that much of Juno rang true for me (as in, those sorts of situations and characters really happen/exist). But I realize this wasn't a Juno thread, so I'll let be.

Megan Fox however, yes please. :drool: But this movie looked "meh" from the beginning, and I can get Megan Fox hotness from the web.

19. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Whoa man you layed a lego on the eggo. Don't be such as sour patch.
    ;)

20. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Well then please, please, please post pictures of your girlfriend.