Director Jon M. Chu Rumoured to be Front Runner for Star Trek 3.

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Dac, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

2. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Ah, The Onion, what a publication... :lol:

Wait, what?

3. MrJ

MrJ Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

LOL! :lol: This is awesome, perfect choice for a director. With Lindelof writing and Chu directing Star Trek XIII could very well be the absolute Worst. Trek. Movie. Ever. Like, Nemesis bad. I was hoping the 50th Anniversary Film could be as good as Skyfall. Instead it looks like it will be as bad as Die Another Day.

Well, good bye Rebooted Star Trek. Maybe in a few years it will get rebooted again.

4. Neumann

Neumann Captain Captain

I think it will go to Brad Bird

5. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I have an idea it's going to go pretty much the same way as with the last two movies: there'll be a certain measure of JJ ostensibly waffling on whether to step back and just be the producer while someone else directs, then deciding just in time for filming to start that he'll direct it himself.

6. Pondslider

Pondslider Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

LOL if Paramount let's Chu direct this. I guess Stuart Baird isn't available?

7. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I'll be laughing at all the JJ Abrams whiners if we end up getting this new guy for the next movie! :lol:

8. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

9. Pondslider

Pondslider Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Didn't Abrams say the same thing about Star Wars?

Singer is probably already negotiating it.

10. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

11. Devon

Devon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

He will probably end up biting off far more than he can Chu.

12. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

And I'll be warning you if I see you make another post like that. Just stop it.

13. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

I think Singer could make an amazing Star Trek film. With this cast and the liberty to do it his way. I'd love to see that actually.

14. Smellmet

Smellmet Commodore Commodore

I'd be more than happy with Singer, his X-men films are great, and I don't get the majority of the hate for Superman Returns, it was no worse than Man of Steel for me

15. M.A.C.O.

Quote from Bryan Singer when talking about X-Men First Class

"I genuinely like the people, and my personality meshes more with this universe than it does with other universes, I think; I see that now at this point... I feel a connection to the X-Men characters and also the ensemble nature of the films. If you look at 'Usual Suspects'' or my last film, 'Valkyrie,' I feel especially comfortable with ensemble juggling. In the space between all the characters you can disguise a central thought that's hidden in all the discourse. I missed that with the singular relationship story of Superman. And, well, it always gives you something to cut to..."
    http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movies/bryan-singer-and-the-xmen-together-again/

The one the biggest problems with Superman Returns is how Superman is portrayed. Try this. Watch SR and count how many lines Kevin Spacey (Luthor) and Kate Bosworth (Lois) have compared to Brandon Routh. Routh has very few speaking lines as both Clark and Superman, and he's the title character. The film proceeds with very little contribution from Supes. He's like a side character in his own movie. He only shows up when something Super needs done. Compared to MoS where Cavil was definitely the main character and we followed his story throughout the film.

16. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Singer wanted to make a Prime Universe/TNG era Trek film because he was a fan of it and also friends with Stewart. I don't think he's interested in doing a sequel to a reboot of TOS (that he also didn't create himself).

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  17. M.A.C.O.

TNG film five?! Oh my/oh no...

Who would accept the directing job for film 3 in a 4 part movie series?

18. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Didn't Singer make a cameo in one of the TNG films?:confused:

19. M.A.C.O.

^ Yes Nemesis. It's during the battle with the Scimitar. After Worf says "security team to deck 29". Singer takes over tactical for Worf.

20. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore