STO - Crafting Requests

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Timelord Victorious, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

With the upcoming Upgrade system crafting in the game will become more important.
    Not everyone has a character that can craft on a high level (15+) and not in all schools.

So if you need something that you can not make yourself, feel free to ask here for it so someone who can craft the item will help you out.

This has the advantage that you don't all have to be in game at the same time, you can transfer mats and finished items per mail if necessary.

Of course, don't rip each other off.

Supplier can tell you what materials he needs or ask for expenses, but try to keep a no profit policy here.

Most popular items might be the upgrade modules, but feel free to ask for any craftable item.

If you managed to craft something really cool yourself, feel also free to post the requirements and the result so others know what's out there. :)

Have fun.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  2. daedalus5

daedalus5 Rear Admiral Moderator

Brilliant. Thanks for starting the thread. I'll make it a sticky for now, just to see how it goes in terms of popularity.

3. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well I'll be able to supply at least Improved Tech Upgrades in all seven schools if anyone needs those.

4. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This is a great idea, and I'll be happy to pay a fair but good price on items in the future from the TrekBBSers.

5. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think I will put this question here since it's related to crafting.

Let's say you give me the materials to make five upgrade modules. And while making those modules, one of them crits. So now I have seven instead of five.

What would be your expectations? Are the two additional modules yours for giving me the materials? Or mine for doing the crafting and getting a crit?

I am just curious about the general consensus on this, because it's very likely to happen.

6. Timelord Victorious

Split? One extra to the crafter and one to the recipient? Basically it comes down to the two people involved I think.

If I were to give you the materials and expect x number of modules I would be ok with getting exactly those at the end.

If I were to craft them for you i would likely give them all to you, too if you need them all.

In general stick to the no profit rule, but if something extra comes of it simply due to chance no one will begrudge you using those yourself.

Edit: If you craft for non affiliated players outside the TrekBBS community keep any extras you want and charge the hell out of them if you like. XD

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  7. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I have a slightly different view. It takes time to craft tech upgrades, 10 minutes for intermediates, possibly more for superiors. Meaning you want 10 tech upgrades, the crafter needs to stay online for nearly 2 hours crafting your tech upgrades. I would rather the crafter be compensated a little for the time spent, let him have the extra tech upgrades.

8. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Yeah, depends on who you are doing it for and the effort involved. Outside of our group, they're yours, and charge for the initial effort anyway. Within us? I'd say maybe split if you get a couple bonus, keep if it was a big hassle for you, and give away if the other guy really needs them and you really don't.

On a somewhat related note, starting with today's patch, should be a contact at ESD that gives you some free tech upgrades, as you can start upgrading your gear now rather than waiting until Delta Rising hits. Can't get to Gold/Epic, but can at least start that long process. The update note in the launcher has the details, but every few days you can log on for each character and claim some tech upgrades, and sooner we get to the launch date, the better the upgrades they give out. But if you pop in every couple days, should have a decent handful to get started with...

9. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am working on getting all my crafting schools to level 10 or better so i can at least make the 5k upgrades. Then I will start pushing them to 15. I have three schools at level 10 or better so far (I will edit this post to list them when I get home from work) and another two over level 5 that can make the lowest level upgrade.

10. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I am slowly making my way with the schools. With my five characters, I have the following at the highest levels:-

Beams (13), Cannons (12), Engineering (13), Ground Weapons (12), Projectiles (12), Science (12) and Shields (12)

I'm hoping to have a few level 15 schools before I go away for a week, when Delta Rising Starts. I should have at least one or two level 14 schools within a few days.

As I've been doing stuff with my main character today, made around 20 improved shield tech upgrades. Not sure how I will trade them (or other components) with trekbbs members. All depends on if you supply me with anything. The dearest price would be 90% current exchange price for that component.

11. pteal1979

pteal1979 Tal Shiar's Most Wanted Red Shirt

I've got one character to lvl16 on beams, all the others are at most lvl11.

Although looking at the exchange it is easier to buy the superior upgrade modules from there.

12. Timelord Victorious

For now, right now you find all those modules farmed from the exploit bug on the exchange.
    This will change when they all are soled and used up and people need to mostly craft them. though there is a chance getting them from loot drops i found on Tribble.

13. Timelord Victorious

I reached level 15 in Beam tech crafting.

Any requests?

14. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    What mats are needed to craft the superior beam tech upgrades?

15. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

I've got level 15 in most, and working on it from there. Not all on the same character, mind you, but can generally help out with whatever.

16. Timelord Victorious

1x Radiogenic Particle (from Crystalline Catastrophe Advanced Queue/exchange)
    1x Firing Sequencer
    1x Power Surge Regulator
    15k EC
    if you can throw in 2x Salvaged Technology (from any Elite Queue, I recommend Bug Hunt Elite to farm them easily) I can make the upgrade tech experimental, which doubles the chance for a quality upgrade.

I regret a bit that I didn't link to a spreadsheet with all the mats needed in the first post.

17. Ruaidhri

TL, I sent you materials for some superior beam upgrades. I was going to deposit the EC into the fleet bank for you, but aapparently Divia doesn't have permission to make EC deposits.

18. Timelord Victorious

I'll have a look at the bank settings...

I can help with projectile crafting now as well. reached level 15 there today.

Apparently depositing credits is disabled for all ranks except fleet admiral. i can't change that. Only our dear leader can.

Edit: Your Upgrade techs are waiting in your mail.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  19. Ruaidhri

Awesome, thanks man!

20. Timelord Victorious

In addition to beam and projectile tech i have added shield tech to my portfolio if anyone needs it.