"Hi Christopher, I'm Nero"

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Docbrown777, May 11, 2009.

1. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

I may have said it previously somewhere in this old thread, but for me, the idea was that Nero greeted people in a way that was a bit off putting because Nero himself was off putting. He was unbalanced. He delivered the line with the type of tone that suggested he was one of those nice guys who just one day went and shot 20 people in a mall.

I thought the delivery was perfect for that kind of tone.

2. plynch

plynch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think I would have preferred a line that didn't seem so obviously "cool" and took me out of my suspension of disbelief.

I would have actually preferred no "evil villain bent on vengeance b/c of a killed wife," but we often don't get what we prefer.

Peace be with you.

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

It sounded warm and chilling at the same time. Which was extra chilling.

4. darkshadow0001

darkshadow0001 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I loved it. Totally different from previous Treks, usually introductions were always so formal. This time, it seemed so informal it was laughable. I liked it when he would respond with just "Hello". This has got to be one of the best Trek films to date (besides TWOK :) )

5. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

6. Lor'Vela

Lor'Vela Captain Captain

Created a few chuckles in the cinema. Definitely one of the most memorable lines in the film because it's so uncharacteristic of Star Trek normally.

7. Sarita

Sarita Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

One of the best lines in the movie. So unexpected, yet spontaneous and refreshing. Sci-fi villains too often come across as pedantic, stentorian speech makers. I read that Eric Bana did a lot of his improv on Nero's line delivery, and it worked.

8. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

His calm demeanor at first really added impact to his suddenly murderous rage.