BARROWMAN!!!!

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by StCoop, Mar 1, 2013.

1. ToddCam

ToddCam Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Wrong thread. Sorry!

2. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

I want Capt. Jack and River in the same scene with the 11th Doctor just for his reaction.

3. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I think it would be funny if eternal flirt River was the only person in the universe impervious to the Capt Jack charm :lol:

4. Mitty

Mitty Vice Admiral Admiral

5. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Ha! Always catches me off guard when he reverts to his Scottish accent.

6. Mitty

Bump again. Forgive me if this news made another thread, but Barrowman tweeted that he wouldn't be involved in the 50th anniversary special. Of course that doesn't mean he won't be in something else.

7. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

In fact, it doesn't even mean that he's not involved in the 50th anniversary special.

8. Mitty

^Well yes. I really, really, really hope they keep some of the casting a genuine secret. Even just a small cameo here and there would be awesome as long as we have no idea it's coming.

9. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

Barrowman. All types of awesome.

10. The Mirrorball Man

We need a Barrowwoman spinoff.

11. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Another one?

12. The Mirrorball Man

Alright alright, Barrowboy then?

13. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh, shit. I only just realized you actually said "Barrowwoman." I thought you just said Barrowman spin-off which is why I said "Another one."

Although, I suppose Barrowwoman mihgt be accurate when you take into account Captain Jack was apparentally pregnant at one point...

14. The Mirrorball Man

Ah, sorry, I just instinctively deduced that what you meant was "har har as if River Song weren't Barrowwoman enough!", so I switched gear. ;)

15. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wouldn't mind another Captain Jack series. Preferable one that wasn't depressing as hell.

16. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    Agreed. Torchwood was just starting to find its stride in Season 2 when they suddenly killed everyone and mired everything in super-depressing super-arcs. :(

17. Nagisa Furukawa

Nagisa Furukawa Commander Red Shirt

The first season was a total mess in just about every department, but there was something bizarrely entrancing about seeing this all-over-the-place attempt to do a Joss Whedon show in Wales, and while it kept falling over itself, it also took some great risks.

The second season is undoubtedly more polished than the first one, but not enough to make it genuinely good and just enough that it lost that "WTF?!" aspect as it just became a boring Joss Whedon clone with every other episode featuring James Marsters or ripping off an episode like Superstar. Adrift was great, but Exit Wounds' Grey storyline is among the worst I've ever seen.

The third season is genuinely quality television, to the extent that it probably should've had nothing to do with Torchwood at all. When I think of my memories of it, I think of those wonderful scenes with Peter Capaladi talking to a box, not John Barrowman's ass.

The fourth season is the complete reverse, genuinely shit television. An embarrassment and one of the worst things ever released set in the Doctor Who universe.

18. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Commander Red Shirt

^I agree with pretty much every part of that, but do find several episodes of Series 2 quite good if more episodes not good enough. Meat and Reset would be the best after Adrift; Sleeper, A Day in the Death and everything Chibnall I guess (didn't bother watching the finale on rewatch lol), catch my interest even if they're lacking too... Adam had Ianto saying, "I'm a monstah!" with cry face, even if the rest was dull haha. I do have a fetish for Chibnall with all his oddities and base infiltration stories though. Well conspiracy stories too recently.

19. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Torchwood Series 4 destroyed any semblence of faith I had in Russell T. Davies as a writer. Was fun seeing John de Lancie in the Whoniverse though.

20. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Commander Red Shirt

He basically admitted the only reason Wizards vs. Aliens exists is to keep the Sarah Jane Adventures production crew employed. Not that a situation like that couldn't lead to something good but, I don't think they care. I remember the first story being garish.