World Premiere/Advance screening discussions [SPOILERS GUARANTEED]

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by M'Sharak, Apr 5, 2009.

1. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

As has been reported in TrekToday, at TrekMovie.com, in The Australian and no doubt a few other wheres besides, the World Premiere in Sydney, Australia on April 7 will kick off a number of screenings of the new Star Trek movie, taking place at various locations around the world, all before the movie hits the theaters where us regular folks will get to see it.

There have been a lucky few who have managed to gain access to the Sydney premiere or to one of the other showings. This thread is provided as a place for them to discuss what they've seen, and for anyone else not so spoiler-shy as to be interested in hearing their impressions of the movie.

I'd ask that all such discussion be kept within this thread, so as not to spoil it for those who have to wait and want to be surprised. I've put a spoiler warning in the thread title, but any really big revelations may also be placed within spoiler tags in the thread, for the protection of those who haven't seen the movie yet but couldn't resist peeking in (I know there are a few of you out there.)

This thread is now locked, but will be opened in time for the Sydney premiere. (Any Aussies wishing to give me a heads-up as showtime approaches are welcome to help me make sure I've done the time conversion correctly -- I don't want to be too early or too late.)

2. M'Sharak

Opening for discussion. Please remember to keep all spoilers in this thread.

There will be a separate thread for no-spoiler discussions; if those of you who've seen advanced showings would be so kind as to put spoiler-free versions of your impressions in that thread, I'm sure that there will be plenty of people interested in reading and talking about them.

3. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh man it's going to be hard to stay out of this thread for the next month.

Wait.

...aww crap.

4. Iano

Iano Lieutenant Red Shirt

I don't want to just spill my guts here, but if someone has a question I'm game. :)

5. tauntme

tauntme Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

First thing i'm dying to know is:

The music from the website is which part of the film?

6. perigee

perigee Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The BIG Question, of course, Iano - how was it??

7. tauntme

No! The biggest question is:

Iano, how hot was Zoe Saldana?

8. Supervisor 194

Supervisor 194 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Any surprise cameos? If so, who?

9. Iano

Just posted this on the non-spoiler:

It's hard to put together an opinion because I'm still taking it all in. It's definitely a movie that gives service to the fans, naturally TOS-centric. The movie stands very well on its own; I would take any non-Trek friend or family member confident that they would enjoy it. The cast is superb, good chemistry, great performance, and instantly enjoyable. My biggest complaint is that I can't see more! At least with the other movies we had years of episodes preceding, this movie got me really excited for seeing what is yet to come. Overall I think they did Roddenberry’s legacy justice.

10. Iano

Sorry, could you link the specific piece of music?

11. Iano

Pretty hot. :)

12. Devon

Devon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Just go to www.startrekmovie.com and skip to the main navigation of the site to listen to the music.

13. tauntme

From this site

http://www.startrekmovie.com/

<3 Zoe Saldana

Another question:

How was Pine's acting? Specifically what some people think as awkward is the "Why are you talking to me man?" part.

14. perigee

That's all I needed to hear.

Not all I WANT to hear, but definitely a thrill. We Have Star Trek. The commercials have drawn my kidling to excitement - now I know he'll not only get a pay-off, but one deserving of the franchise.

Next important question - is it just action/adventure, or is there some taste of intellect (EDIT - or better word choice, heart) to it?

15. Iano

Sorry man, I don't recall this song specifically, its a very loud movie with a lot of action going on.

16. Iano

It's mainly action/adventure to be honest with a nice dose of comedy, there's a taste of intellect, but it's not what you're accustomed to in traditional Trek.

17. perigee

And first spoiler - IS he or is he not CAPTAIN Kirk at the end of this...?

18. Iano

Uh oh, I better figure out how to do spoiler tags for the big ones. :)

19. perigee

~Grin~ Do your studies, my friend - I'm logging off and I'll be back to swallow all this glorious news tomorrow. Thanks, Iano!

20. M'Sharak

Just look for the button above the text entry box which looks like this: [​IMG]