John Bynre photocomics

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Stevil2001, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Yeah, how do X-Files and Ghostbusters share a universe? GB is a universe where the existence of the supernatural is an overt, publicly known reality. Even if some insisted on disbelieving the evidence, there would still be abundant documentation of events like the Sta-Puft Marshmallow Man rampage and the relocation of the Statue of Liberty. So it doesn't fit with a world like TXF where the supernatural exists but manages to stay hidden.

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, it's the nature of genre-series crossovers that the rules and histories of the respective universes tend to get bent or ignored in order to make the combination possible. Which is why I consider them to be "imaginary stories" as a rule.

4. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Aren't they all?

[This message brought to you by Alan Moore]

5. sulfur

sulfur Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

That crossover is like the one Trek was involved in about 6 months prior. The one comic that is the "master story" has everything as part of a multiverse... with the walls breaking down into the various crossover comics.

6. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Right. I only read the first "Infestation" series, but "Infestation" #1 took place on an IDW owned property world, with the threat spreading extra-dimensionally at the end of the issue.

The story then jumped to four minis taking place in the Star Trek, Transformers, GI Joe and Ghostbusters universes, before wrapping up in "Infestation" #2 set back in the IDW-verse. There was zero contact between the various franchise universes.

I never read "Infestation 2", but heard that the characters from the different worlds were going to interact? How did that pan out?

7. sulfur

sulfur Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Honesty, I only read the Trek part of Infestation 1, and didn't read any of Infestation 2. (Thanks for the names, I couldn't remember them to save my life :( )