Netflix Instant Queue Wiped Out

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Amaris, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ah, crap! I sold my Firefly DVDs months ago (had to), and was glad to see them available on Instant Watch! I better get my marathon going before they pull them. A warning from them would have been nice.

2. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

Okay, I just spoke with them and they said and I quote "absolutely not. We're not taking any Whedon and/or Fox shows off. They're a big part of our traffic."

The guys thinks the XBox note might be a glitch and will look into it.

Also, he said if that was happening, it'd show in the notes section in our instant queue for at least one month.

3. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

It is possible that it's going to be off for one day. Last year, about half of the season of Law & Order SVU went off at the end of a contract, then were back online 24 hours later at the start of a new one. Kind of weird, but hey, that's the world.

4. indranee

It's confusing alright.

Timby posted this in the other thread:

http://instantwatcher.com/titles/expiring/1

According to this, pretty much all Fox shows are expiring. Dammit.

5. Amaris

[does happy dance]

6. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ok good... still gotta watch Seasons 7-10 of The X-Files.

7. KB24

KB24 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^Aren't they going off Instant Watch along with all the Fox and Whedon material? I've seen several sources saying that this is an end of contract thing and that is why they are going. A lot of shows do have some sort of automatic renewal and reappear, but I thought Netflix was timing the departure of the Fox et al shows to coordinate with the new inclusions of all the CBS back catalog material forthcoming.

Is this just an April Fools Joke? I thought it was confirmed and concrete that the Fox material was going off streaming for good?

8. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Almost all of their titles say ...until 4/1/11 or something if they're going off. Nothing like that on TXF.

9. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

It's hard to tell. Netflix announcing that it was going to begin producing original content has been a game-changer in the market. Prior to that, it was simply a content re-seller. Now, it's a competitor, which is why HBO and Showtime have ended their deals and begun their own streaming services, and Starz has altered its contract.

10. Nerdius Maximus

Nerdius Maximus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I like the grouping together of tv shows. Cuts down on the scrolling when I'm trying to find something in my queue. I'm always having to go past all the seasons of the X-files, all the Married With Children seasons, etc.

11. indranee

Timby I guess we'll know come April Fool's Day.

12. KB24

So what has happened to everyone's queues today?

13. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The only thing that changed on mine is "Demolition Man" is available instantly! :guffaw:

14. Amaris

I found Cheers, Young Indiana Jones, Twin Peaks and Andy Griffith.
    Twilight Zone, Star Trek, Wings and Frasier aren't available yet, and so far Firefly and other FOX shows are still in the queue.

15. Amaris

Looks like I spoke too soon. My Netflix Queue shows Cheers and the other shows I added, while my Roku queue is about 40 titles short in that department. Great.

16. indranee

I still have my Bones and Buffy and Angel. Firefly is next on my list and it's still on! April Fools, I guess. I never learn. I'm an idiot.

17. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just noticed that while the X-Files still appears on my instant queue on the website, it's gone from my instant queue on PS3. However, I can still find it via the search function. Also, anything that I've added to my instant queue on the website this morning (such as MacGyver and Mission: Impossible) isn't showing up on my instant queue on PS3. And so far, I've tried twice to add something to my instant queue on PS3 and both times it's failed and told me to seek help on the website.

18. KB24

Hmm. So the CBS material is there all well and good, but some Fox shows aren't working on all devices? Maybe it is just a pull down and relist in a few days? All my Buffy et al says expired April 1. On the PS3 should you sign in and out again and see if it resets?

Agreed we'll have to wait for the jokes to pass and for them to get their act together this weekend. I really hope we don't have to manually re- enter every single thing we want, bulked seasons or not we had 200 and some things in our queue!

And just think, we still need to wait for them to fitz again when they try and add the individual instant watch queues and more customizations.

19. Amaris

Not quite. On the Roku box, none of the newly authorized CBS shows (Cheers, Young Indiana Jones, et al) appear in the queue on my Roku box even though they appear in my Netflix queue. So I search for them and play them from the results engine. Right now, they only work half the time. Sometimes I can select an episode of Cheers (as an example) and play it, but other times I select an episode and it just sits there instead of playing. This is on Netflix's end, and they need to work on their streaming APIs, because I hear this is happening on Apple TV as well.

God help me if I have to re-input every show I have in my queue (I have 400+ shows and movies).

20. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

I'm not having any problems.