Would you mind UHURA being promoted to BIG THREE status in next movie?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Mutara Nebula 1967, Apr 24, 2010.

1. EnsignRicky

EnsignRicky Commodore Commodore

Re: Would you mind UHURA being promoted to BIG THREE status in next mo

If they promoted her any more, she'd be the BIG ONE.

2. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I think we won't be seeing that future. In an interview* months before the movie was released--almost a year, as it turned out--Quinto was quoted as saying something along the lines of "in this story, we see Spock at a time when he is not in control of his balance". That suggests to me that emotionally-compromised Spock will have been a one-movie thing, though there could still be echoes of that figuring in a subsequent story and though we may very likely see him following the advice of Old Spock and allowing things other than logic alone to guide his actions.

*Edit:

Here's a link to a TrekMovie item containing excerpts from that interview, as well as a link to the entire MTV interview from which the excerpts were taken.

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  3. Rusty0918

Rusty0918 Commander Red Shirt

I don't think Uhura could fit that prominent role. I've been stating this a lot before, but they should put another female character/crewmember on the Enterprise. Yeah it might disrupt the ensemble, but hey, if they can blow up Vulcan, etc., why not? I'm thinking someone along the line of security chief / weapons officer, with rank of lieutenant commander or above, and wears trousers on duty (NO mini-dress for her. You can keep the minis on Uhura and the background women, fine!). JJ Abrams, how about Anna Torv for this role? Huh? You listening?

4. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sorry - they've got Zoe Saldana, and they're going to move her to one side for someone like Torv?

Ain't happening.

Saldana right now is a bigger star and ascending more quickly than anyone else in the movie. She's hot in every way that she can be, and if Uhura is a major character in the next movie it'll be because Saldana is Uhura.

5. Rusty0918

Well Dennis, how about both of them being major characters? Will that satisfy you?

6. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's a hypothetical - they're not actually going to do anything like that - and I'll be completely satisfied with Saldana/Uhura as a lead character in the movie.

7. Rusty0918

Well, I doubt that too, Dennis, but it would be bold if they did.