Star Trek London - All 5 captains to be there!

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by The Janitor, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admiral Bear

Admiral Bear Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There was one. I've seen the photos. I think for anyone who asked, Nana and Rene were more than happy.

2. Admiral Bear

Trinneer and Keating announced. :vulcan:

3. Admiral Bear

Just had to share this with you all.

[​IMG]

4. Kinggodzillak

Kinggodzillak Captain Captain

There definitely wasn't one on sale to the public - I was emailing and emailing and emailing all the way up to the week of the show asking for it! The only one I've seen was from Rene's helper who had the chance to ask as she was sat between them both days (and she reckons there was only one other person aside from her who got one). There were no posed photos at their desks either...

Such a shame that amid all the other group shots (and particularly the multiple variants of the Torchwood cast) no room could be found for a group DS9 shoot, or even just those two - cos really, what are the chances of them ever being back over here together again? :sigh:

Still, I have my 'getting a hug from Chase Masterson' photo. That goes some way to making up for it... :hugegrin:

5. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Anyway I've put Jason on the spot about Frakes so you might get clarification on that one sooner than later.

6. Rarewolf

Whilst he hasn't been confirmed for the new event, it has now been confirmed that he has cancelled the Comic Con due to work commitments.

7. Admiral Bear

Work commitments? That's a good one. Let's be honest, in recent years the Frakester's CV has been thinner than his hair line.

Was expecting this anyway. When you consider that Nimoy has retired, Nana Visitor and Beltran have been to the UK once already this year, and Jolene Blalock doesn't seem to do appearances, DSTL would look very thin without at least one First Officer.

I'll be surprised if Frakes isn't announced. 25th anniversary of TNG this year, and so far all we've got is Patrick. This event is so far being left wanting given the ticket prices. It's not like they can afford to leave the bigger announcements until later on as they need to sell those £900 tickets.

8. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Frakes Acting resume, yes is really thin lately, but, from 2010 - 2012 he's been Driector of 23 TV episodes and a TV Movie, so he has been working

9. Admiral Bear

That's true. Must remember to tab along in IMDB!

It occured to me the other day after all of Joiner's sudden Klepto US guest cancellations due to "work commitments". Aren't most shows on hiatus during the summer months?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  10. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

early Summer probably, but, for shows airing in September/October, they'd want at least 7 or 8 episodes in the can by their premiere date, so, gotta start sometime in Summer.

11. Admiral Bear

The bottom line here is that Shamsters must've known for weeks that Frakes wasn't going to LFCC as they left him off all the pre printed flyers given out at Klepto, yet they said nothing until people started asking difficult questions. You can only wonder how long it would've taken for this cancellation to see daylight if those questions hadn't been asked.

12. nacelle

nacelle Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

13. Admiral Bear

14. nacelle

:rommie::rommie::rommie: Oh dear im afraid i have to agree with that!

15. Rarewolf

Robin and Chase have been added.

I never noticed Shatner looking plump when he was on TV the other week, its just Patrick and Avery are very thin in comparison.

16. Admiral Bear

Wow, the big guests are being wheeled out here. Robin and Chase are lovely, but Chase was at GSITG. A waste of a guest spot IMHO.

£900 tickets need to be sold here, ladies and gents. These guests just aren't cutting the mustard.

Shatner was more suitably dressed on HIGNFY. He doesn't help himself trying to fit in to t-shirts that are far too small for his expanding girth. Patrick and Avery are stick thin, but I don't think the comparison makes Shatner look any fatter than he actually is. Didn't Shatner wear a girdle in TOS?

17. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, she's just a few years way from crossing over 60. But these days, that's not an excuse to look like it. Physically fit folks in their early 60's are starting to look more like a 50 something from several decades ago. But who knows, she might have some medical challenges facing her that are contributing to her physique.

Avery looks great, not much different than from when he was in his last season of DS9. And Bakula will always look much younger than he is, with his inherently boyish face.

18. nacelle

Frakes official cancellation for LFCC is up on the LFCC forum as of yesterday evening. Although they have yet to update their front page with that.

19. Admiral Bear

24 hours late, but never mind. :lol:

20. Admiral Bear

Casey Biggs and Jeff Combs.

Great guys and a lot of fun together, but the event needs better. Where are the main cast guests? Where are the rare guests, the one's who've never been over here before?

This would've been an ideal time for Joiner to finally, after years of dodgy announcements proclaiming her attendance at his events, get Diana Muldaur to the UK. But so far, these guests are just from the cheaper end of the Shamasters usual Trek guest list.

How about:
    Wil Wheaton
    Cirroc Lofton
    Roxanne Dawson
    Natalija Nogulich
    Barry Jenner
    Salome Jens
    Terry Farrell
    Ronny Cox
    Felecia Bell
    Philip Anglim
    Grace Lee Whitney

I'm sure the likes of Mike Okuda, Manny Coto, hell even Berman and Braga would have some very interesting things to say on stage.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.