What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Basically replaced the select button.

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I will be picking it up sometime this week. It looks like Lord of the Rings meets Arkham City, which I think will be awesome.

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Just picked up "Shadow of Mordor" for PS4 last night. Pretty fun so far!

4. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

^I've been watching some previews of it, and it's looking pretty good so far. Definitely on the 'most buy' list for when I get my PS4.

5. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Been trying out Hyrule Warriors and Super Smash Bros 4 3ds :).

Love both games so far. Will be adding them to my short list. The first game is a lot easier to play than I thought it would be. The latter is pretty well polished. Definitely worth getting both when I can.

6. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

I don't know.. gameplay seems pretty similar to Assassin's Creed but the enemy system where you can basically turn Orcs to do your bidding and start a small internal war looks nifty. And i'm a little put off by being set in Middle Earth which i always found a little more subdued when it came to supernatural powers (apart from the monsters and creatures). It looks like they wanted to make a Fantasy version of Assassins Creed/Batman Arkham series and managed to score the LotR license and then crammed it in.

Will maybe get it second hand once the price drops to between 30 and 40 bucks (way more interested in AC: Unity which looks gorgeous).

7. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Yeah, the LOTR setting is pretty superfluous (though they did give Gollum a decent role to play), but it's still a lot of fun. They could have easily called this game "Assassin's Creed: Mordor" because that's what it is.

8. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ How's the difficulty of the game (compared to AC for instance)?

9. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

It's hard, but it in a good way! It's a big open world, and the way the bad guys are set up it almost feels like you're playing an MMO. They have different power levels, and they seemingly roam the world of their own accord, getting into their own battles and leveling up (or being killed) depending on how they perform. All of the bad guys have their own set of strengths and weaknesses, which change depending on how powerful they are. In that way it also kinda feels like Pokemon. :lol: Because of this, it encourages you to play a lot of the side missions in order to boost your own power level.

The combat is great. It has simple controls and is fluid like the Arkham games.

Honestly, I'm pretty impressed with it. While the LOTR setting doesn't really matter that much, the gameplay mechanics make it a lot of fun.

10. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Thanks for the info. I heard it's a lot harder than AC (which is quite easy) and even Batman (on Normal). I don't wanna spend $60 on the game and then get stuck because it's too difficult.

11. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

See, I actually have found AC to be a lot more difficult than either this or Batman. Even on hard, I find the Batman games relatively easy.

12. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Really? That's interesting.
    I'll probably wait for a price drop and then get Shadow of Mordor. I have other games I can play right now.

13. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Good news, martok, Alien - Isolation is apparently quite lovely if one were to be an Alien connaisseur.

Edit: I also need to point out this comment by Geebs on RPS, it's too good for me not to:

Which also warrants reposting this old PA gem.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  14. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

15. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Alien Isolation, so far not met the Alien yet but I hear the dam thing moving through the vents. The music alone is enough to :alienblush::eek::eek::ack:

16. Kenbushway

Kenbushway Captain Captain

Currently playing Call of Duty World at war and about to start playing Earth and Beyond again.

17. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

I'm in the same boat, and agree completely. :)

In addition to using some of the late, great Jerry Goldsmith's original score, they also composed some new music in the spirit of that score, utilizing some members from the original orchestra that was conducted by Lionel Newman for the '79 film.

I really love not only the attention to detail they've given to this game in making it look like something from a movie that could've come out in '79-'81, but just in the little things that hearken back to the spirit of the original film. And of course, managing to get six of the seven original actors from Alien to reprise their roles for the add on "Crew Expendable" campaign.

I think that a game has finally been done true to everything that Alien was.

18. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

Started replaying GTA V after finishing it about a year ago...
    So thanks to all the patches/updates for the online portion the characters have a bunch of nifty free cars!

19. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Wanted something Halloween themed and ended up settling on replaying Condemned: Criminal Origins, as I total don't remember any of the details.

20. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I finished Jak II earlier today, now I'm just working on the platinum trophy.