The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Eventually they're going to need to release new versions of them, especially if the Solo Twins have any sort of role whatsoever in Episode VII and the greater Sequel Trilogy. I know that Disney and Lucasfilm are likely going to disregard a large chunk of the existing EU when they craft the new films and storylines, but even if the Solo Twins aren't made film canon then there are still a lot of fans and collectors who want their figures and probably won't shut up until the 2009-10 versions are repacked and rereleased or a couple of new ones get made.

2. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Jacen isn't exactly timely any more, being dead in the books. I have my doubts we'll really be seeing much from the post-ROTJ EU ever again. The new movies render it practically a bunch of infinities stories.

3. cooleddie74

This is true, but Hasbro more than a few times has released figures that don't always make the most logical sense in the greater context of the established universe. And if Jacen and Jaina are retconned with different past histories and adventures in the Sequel Trilogy then that opens us a lot of doors for their figures to be released pretty frequently and even pre-Episode VII figures like the 2009-10 releases being considered "Infinities" or parallel reality incarnations of the film characters.

Besides, whatever happened to the Solo Twins in the novels might largely be moot now that Disney and Lucasfilm have joined forces and are writing new movies. Much of the EU from Bakura to the Cade Skywalker era might end up being completely discarded or at the least heavily altered to fit in with the new post-ROTJ film and even television timeline.

4. nureintier

nureintier Commander Red Shirt

Newest acquisition is this really tiny Spock Prime behind the Spock/Horta. Also pictured: Crais and Aeryn from Farscape, some border collies, a little plastic dachshund, and a fanmade Silent Hill 3 talisman of metatron.
    [​IMG]
    I had to move my Dukat and Garak figures to another shelf, higher up, because my dog ate Garak's hand off and now he's less presentable.

5. OdoWanKenobi

I didn't even know there were Farscape figures! That's on license, along with Babylon 5, that I would love someone to pick up and give us some awesome toys for.

6. nureintier

I didn't start collecting Farscape figures until this time last year, and I don't have very many. There are 2 Crais figures, I have one with a longer coat (not the one pictured above, the long-coat sculpt is also slightly better) still in the box and signed by Lani Tupu. I keep seeing ebay auctions for big collections and then I lose the auction at the last minute. =0( I at least want to have a Scorpius someday.

More would be awesome though. A Pilot toy would be awesome, especially.

Here's a pic of my Farscape collection as of last Christmas:
    [​IMG]

7. cooleddie74

Nice! Welcome to the toy thread if you haven't posted in here before. Hope you enjoy yourself, and anything and everything is welcome!

(*For a moment I thought that Farscape action figure was a Jimmy Smits from the SW Prequels, then I noticed that the outfit didn't match anything Bail Organa was wearing in Episodes II or III...:p)

8. nureintier

Haha.

Thanks. I was waiting to post until I had 100+ posts and could post photos here.

9. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i have several of those Farscape figures. they're all pretty nice.

10. OdoWanKenobi

Of course, before any Farscape figures, I want my freaking Peacekeeper Wars Blu-ray. Of course, that's another thread.

Hmmm, only 43 more days until it's time to start something we all loved last year up again. :evil:

11. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was at a party last night (Belated Halloween party) and a friend of mine gave me her 11th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver. She doesn't really use it any more, and knew that it would mean more to me...I was really touched by the gesture. It's pretty awesome.

12. nureintier

Still adding to my collection of Spock stuff. Technically this is a Christmas ornament and not an action figure, but it's close enough, and it'll live on my shelf or on my desk all year anyway.
    [​IMG]

13. cooleddie74

I like that ornament. Most of the Trek ornaments I tend to see are ships so it's always cool when they make a remarkably accurate one of a character, especially from TOS. That would make for a great action figure or statue along the lines of the Spock-with-Horta set that's currently being sold in some stores.

14. nureintier

Agreed with all that.

Speaking of Spock with Horta, I currently have the extra set of hands, head, tricorder, and legs sitting here on my computer. Need to figure out somewhere to put those. ^_^

15. OdoWanKenobi

Heh. Same here, except I have them tucked behind the back of the base on the display. That's the curse of having multipe display options. I still need to get around to picking up the Kirk with Khan.

16. nureintier

Yeah, I want Kirk/Khan, too. But then I'd need to make even more shelf space...

I was in the attic yesterday, I have one of the old resin model kits of Kirk that my mom found at a yard sale years ago, and now I can't find it. It must be in the attic somewhere. My mom somehow stumbled upon a yard sale with like dozens of model kits, mostly Star Wars though and she gave those to my brother. Now I want to go dig around and look for it again.

I just put my extra Spock parts in a baggie in my desk drawer, along with a bunch of Cardassian weapons and stuff that go to my Dukat and Garak figures. I'm always paranoid about losing all the extra parts. Maybe I can put Spock's extra tricorder on Garak or something. ^_^

17. cooleddie74

I've seen the Kirk/Khan figure set with the Enterprise engineering control console. I actually like it a lot more than Spock and the Horta, but I've seen the Spock set a lot more often. I hope they make more classic TOS sets like these because a Pike with Talosian, Kirk with Balok or Kirk and Spock in Iotian gangster clothes would be pretty sweet additions to the line.

18. nureintier

Yes. I would totally buy all those, if they existed.

Now I'm wanting to buy the Kirk/Khan one right now, but I've already exceeded my budget on Star Trek junk this week. Gotta take the dogs to the vet tomorrow so I'm not allowed to buy any action figures today. ^_^ Soon, though.

19. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

OdoWan, your photo keeps getting more famous!

[​IMG]

You're a meme! (found on tumblr)

20. OdoWanKenobi

Oy, people! That's the joke! Why is this going right over so many peoples' heads? :scream:

I walked into work today to find that one of my coworkers had done this to the Green Lantern figure I keep on my desk:
    [​IMG]

I'm half-tempted to just keep him this way