Vulcan Language Institute

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by RavenSpock, Aug 8, 2012.

1. RavenSpock

RavenSpock Cadet Newbie

Hi Everyone! I am new here but I already have an announcement to make! :)

After looking up the Klingon Language Inst, of which I am sure you are all aware of, it got me wandering "why the heck there is no V.L.I?" And as it appears, there was one but it disappeared in the abyss in 2008! The creator was nowere to be found and we were left with the "guide" found online and the stoogeek institute project, which is nor full nor exactly helpful (for those who would like to ACTUALLY learn the language)

Minutes after this horrifying realization, I registered a domain and began what soon will be the official site of V.L.I.!
    - http://www.kolutshan.com/ -

As it states in the description, hopefully I will be able to launch the site 1st of October. I want it to be the perfect place to interactively learn the spoken language, calligraphy, online dictionary, etymology, etc.

With time I also will provide weekly video lessons and v-logs because THIS MATTERS!

Anyways, this is it. Maybe this wont make a huge difference, it must become at least a cool contribution :)

Live long and Prosper!

2. Captain Randy Hall

Captain Randy Hall Commodore Commodore

Have you been in touch with Marc Okrand? I remember that he not only came up with the Klingon language, but the Vulcan dialect as well. He was often contacted for assistance in the Star Trek TV shows and movies. Sorry I can't tell you what his email is, but I'm sure someone in this section can put you in touch with him.

3. RavenSpock

RavenSpock Cadet Newbie

Hmm no I haven't. I have been lurking around the web for any kind of contact information, but in vain. It would be miraculously helpful if, of course, anyone from here could put me in touch with him.

Thanks Cpt. Randy! :)

4. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    You could try his facebook page.

5. RavenSpock

RavenSpock Cadet Newbie

Unfortunately there is only a page related to him, yet not an actual Facebook account. Well, that at least to my knowledge :/ But still thanks!

6. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

A little Googling turns up some good leads. Seriously, I don't think people try that hard. It took me all of four minutes to find the following.

Okrand worked (may still work) for the National Captioning Institute in Vienna, Virginia. You could try calling their offices and asking if they have an email contact for him.

7. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yours is a logical goal, and I therefore wish you success and satisfaction in this endeavour.

8. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    Search for Okrand. He has one.