Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought the Younglings arc ended well. Hondo got off somewhat easy but it was a fun and exciting conclusion. I liked his "Slave I" style ship.

2. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think it is Slave I. It crashed on Florrum in the Season 2 finale, when Ahsoka sliced one of the wings off.

3. Mr. Adventure

^ interesting, I don't remember that, nice touch

4. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

You get a nice tease about that at the end of yougling arc. Filoni wanted to do a flashback episode for a while, so it looks he finally got what he wanted.

5. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Is the next arc 4 episodes as well?

6. Drago-Kazov

Its droid arc but we well get one awesome character: Gregor!!!

[​IMG]

Not sure in which episode will he show up.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

He's the ARC Trooper, right?

8. Mr. Adventure

Looks like he had a run in with The Silence.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I forgot to mention that I really enjoyed this morning's episode. I thought it was a great conclusion to a fun arc. I'm wonder if she survives Order 66 if Katooni will be joinging up with Hondo's pirates.
    I think that is my only problem with the series, there are a lot of little things like that that will probably never be followed up on.

10. Drago-Kazov

Whetever there will be followup depedns on what Disney does with scheluded series and the EU.

Yeah he is, the story of the clone commandos is a bit more complicated, but he basically is.

11. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

At last! An episode that had me captivated from beginning to end. A Necessary Bond was IMHO the most watchable and exciting show from season 5 so far.

This thread isn't doing spoilers, right?
    Right from the start I was hooked... recently my mind has been wandering through these Ahsoka heavy eps so bear with me.

The beginning, where the rescue attempt fails, was great. Most rescue attempts in Star Wars are successful, so this was a treat to watch.

GG with holo-Dooku! There are some very nicely framed shots with General Gravy looking forward through a large Dooku busting Hondo's chops. I could see this coming somewhat - what better way to get the pirate storyline out of the way than to have the system fall to the separatists? And of course, pirates would react most indignantly since they are by nature into taking from others. Great turnabout.

Hondo watching the lightsaber completion was funny... interesting how he elaborated on how valuable it was for him to witness.

The final duel with General Gravy was terrific. Perfect length, good matchup... and for Ahsoka to be overwhelmed was an excellent lesson. I don't recall what the 'moral' in place of the scroll was this week but the rational decision to bust out when outgunned is a useful thing to learn.

And of course, the Slave-1 made a memorable appearance. But are we sure it's the Slave-1? It's a Firespray class police ship, IIRC from the Decipher card game but wouldn't there me many in existence in the SW galaxy?

We even got some controlled lecturing from Obi-Wan at the end. It's all you need!

Great fun to watch, the best this season and probably in my top 5 for the series. Too bad the buildup was too slow... this should have been a 3 story arc... and the last arc (rebels), too.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  12. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

The opening quote was "Choose your enemies wisely, as they may be your last hope."

13. Shawnster

Shawnster Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It was a cute episode and this arc was more enjoyable than the last; although I'm not fond of all the episodes being 4 part arcs this season. This group of kids would be fun to watch as adults in a series. Sadly, that won't happen.

Is having that be Slave 1 a nice tie in, or a trite "small galaxy" syndrome moment?

14. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

It's the result of things that happened with Boba in an earlier season.

15. Mr. Adventure

Secret Weapons was a cute light episode. 47 and Colonel Plankton were amusing enough. Droids are an odd duck in Star Wars, some seem to pick up sentience which is acknowledged somewhat but they're still considered disposable tools in general. Maybe the personalities are seen as neural net quirks they acquire but the organics don't really believe they've aquired "life".

16. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

This was pretty tedious. Mostly what I was thinking over and over was "Please, let this not be another 4-part arc."

At first, I was thinking, "Oh, this episode explains how R2-D2 got those powerful rockets and stuff." But then I realized -- didn't he already have them in AOTC, which took place before this?

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think this was probably my least favorite episode so far this season. It wasn't really bad, there just wasn't really anything that interesting about it IMO.

18. Drago-Kazov

At least it was better then Droids. i don't think Gregor will show up in A Sunny Day in the Void.

19. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It doesn't appear so. According to the Clone Wars wiki, there's one more episode before Christmas, then the first episode of 2013 is a Padmé episode.

http://clonewars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Clone_Wars_Season_5

20. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, that was pretty bad. It was probably the worst episode in the past couple of seasons. Ok the fight scene with the artificial gravity turned off was pretty funny but the rest of it was tedious.