arrrgh!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by rhubarbodendron, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

Mom takes a blood pressure med and a cholestrol med. I don't think either of them are steroids. She also has an eyedrop to keep her retinopathy under control.

2. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

^Is she still high? As far as I know none of those drugs will cause hyperglycemia. I really wouldn't worry unless it was a regular thing, or she's not going down at all. Another possibility is a forgotten injection, or poor absorption. There are just so many possible reasons a type 1 can go high.

3. Peach Wookiee

My dad gives her all her injections and she was back to 232 this afternoon. She's been more agitated the past few days and I don't know why. But when she's been agitated, her sugar's tended to go higher.

4. thestrangequark

^That makes sense. Agitation=stress, stress=hormones, hormones=high blood sugar, high blood sugar=agitation. It's a wonderful cycle, huh?

5. Peach Wookiee

^Yeah. Gives me the shakes...

6. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

Indeed. I have type 2 diabetes and I check my fasting blood sugar level two or three times a week. I get antsy if it reads 140-150, but it's only spiked that high a few times in the last several years. I sympathize with those who have type 1 diabetes or who have to care for relatives with type 1 -- it's really a completely different disease.

7. Peach Wookiee

That's something some people don't understand. They think it's the same animal.

8. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

It seems some keys on my laptop aren't working anymore. I'll take a look at in the morning before I disappear for a week or so. Most likely will now use my laptop at the desk I have. No more sitting in bed with it.

9. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

have you tried putting the laptop face down and shaking it out, carefully? Or cleaning it with a vac? There might be a few morsels stuck between or under the keys.
    Enjoy your week of disappearance! :)

Anti-depression remedy: {{{{{{{Ashu}}}}}}} (a hug a day keeps the psychatrist away :D )

As for the work load: I think it might be time you had a word with your boss or with the workers association about your co-workers. You could perhaps even use the gossip in your favour by discrediting the lazy co-workers so much that the bosses hear about it. (But it takes a lot of diplomatic skill to manipulate people to such a degree without getting exposed as the origin of that manipulation.)

For first aid against talkative surroundings I recommend a walkman or a little mp3 player. I have loaded mine with a few audio books and with interviews and audio blogs from my favourite actor. It's a pleasant and calming way to blank out the chatter.

10. thestrangequark

This is the reason for many of my arrghs, and to be honest I think it's fucked me up a little bit, psychologically.

11. Ashu

Ashu Vice Admiral Admiral

Yay hugs :) Thank you.

Yeah, my ipod works wonders. The only problem being i have to be relatively paying attention to everything just in case they need me somewhere else. But some days i don't care just how much i am ignoring someone i need to zone out the drama. I am just glad that i am relatively close with my bosses so i can *try* to bring some of these issues to them. It isn't always 100% foolproof but they can kind of poke at the lazy people and be extra annoying if i mention something.

I think part of the problem as well is that people keep quitting and they aren't filling positions like they should so more just keeps getting piled on those of us who do work. So all in all the whole situation just gets really frustrating. We'll see what happens, either way i'm going to keep handing out resumes until I get something a bit better.

12. thestrangequark

I swear, I'm usually in a good mood and not easy to anger, but I have another argh and need to vent. I just got back from the pharmacy, and need to say that I hate fucking insurance companies. They are corrupt, money-hungry, useless bastards, all their CEO's should be shot, and the US needs to fucking grow up and join the rest of the civilized world and provide universal healthcare for its people.

There. All better now.

13. Peach Wookiee

I understand.

As for the pharmacy issue, what's not being covered for you? :(

14. thestrangequark

Birth control. It's not as bad as when they won't give me insulin or test strips (obviously), it's just that it's happened so often and with truly life or death medications/supplies that I have no patience even for this.

I was also really excited about getting this birth control. I've never taken any just because, with diabetes, it's a bit riskier, but my periods have really started to mess up my blood sugars, have become increasingly irregular, cause asthma (it's the only time I ever actually get asthma), and I've started getting pretty ill for several days leading up. Everything's been checked out to make sure nothing's wrong, but it's started to really negatively impact my life and my health -- not only because the hormones directly mess up my blood sugar, but because being ill affects my ability to exercise and eat properly, which then in turn affects my diabetes as well. I finally got clearance from all my doctors to start on a low dose seasonal birth control, to reduce the symptoms and make it so I have only 4 periods a year, and I was practically giddy with excitement about getting it. Then they fucked it up. :(

15. Peach Wookiee

Birth control should be free under the new laws. Why is this causing such a snafu? :(

16. thestrangequark

^Not all birth control is free, I guess. And since I have diabetes, some forms are far more risky for me than others. My doctor prescribed the one she did because it would be the least risky and most effective at relieving my symptoms -- I'm still waiting for her to call back to see about an alternative, I'm just really disappointed because I feel like crap (period must be coming) and I was just so looking forward to some relief!

17. Peach Wookiee

^I understand. I hope it can all be sorted out for you.

18. RobertVA

RobertVA Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

• When I'm waiting to make a right turn exiting a shopping center and another vehicle pulls so far forward in the through/left turn lane I can't see the oncoming traffic.
    • Shopping centers with signs or landcaping blocking the view of oncoming traffic when I'm trying to exit. Municipal ordinances restricting the height of signs for aesthetic purposes aren't helping. The same for some highway median landscaping where I need to make a left turn.
    • I'm trying to use the crosswalk and a vehicle has stopped for the light so far forward they are blocking the crosswalk.
    • Vehicles making right turns at intersections without checking for pedestrians.
    • The department store restocking crews who bring so many pallets of merchandise onto the sales floor in the evening customers have trouble moving around the store. They should bring fewer pallets out, put that merchandise on the shelves then bring more pallets out.

19. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

Todays arrrgh:

I now have a tooth abscess. The very same tooth that was filled just 2 weeks ago (along with some other more urgent work). He told me that it was quite deep and may need to have a root canal in the future...but 2 weeks??!

If he had done a root canal 2 weeks ago I wouldn't be infected and in agony right now! :wah:

I know he wanted to save the tooth, and he doesn't do work that isn't necessary...but right now I hurt and I wish he was a less responsible dentist! Oh well...I'll appreciate it at a later time I'm sure.

Whimper.

20. Captain_Nick

Captain_Nick Vice Admiral Admiral

I may have to move back in with the parents for a while. Major life fail :(