Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler-heavy speculation thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by bbjeg, Apr 6, 2014.

?

What grade would you give the Marvel Cinematic Universe? (Ever-Changing Question)

1. A+

18.1%
  2. A

26.9%
  3. A-

14.6%
  4. B+

7.6%
  5. B

14.0%
  6. B-

2.9%
  7. C+

3.5%
  8. C

4.7%
  9. C-

2.9%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0.6%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

4.1%
  1. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think that Ultron will be something developed to help the Avengers hunt down Hydra and the villains released from the Fridge. Tony Stark is arrogant enough to believe he can build an incorruptible A.I. that can eliminate the trust issue now present with an organization like Shield.

2. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I still think that Ultron would be so much scarier if he created himself through a convergence of technologies.

3. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

Like Skynet

4. Turtletrekker

5. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

^That would be neat.

6. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I'm still putting money on Ultron evolving from a very resentful Dummy. As in the AI controlled robot arm Stark is always belittling. ;)

7. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

I can't help but think Shield might see a revival after Age of Ultron seeing as Stark seems to be the one filling in for them and is likely to take a PR hit if he's the one that makes Ultron what with Ultron's whole planning to exterminate humanity thing.

8. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Iron Man 3 hinted on it but last night's Agents of SHIELD episode confirmed the Man Thing's existence in the MCU. Think he'll get a (or another) movie?

9. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Since his movie never saw a theatrical release he's for all intent and purposes a clean slate to the masses.

I don't expect a full on Man-Thing movie as yet but could see him as an add on character in a Dr.Strange film. Since Strange is a character all but firmly green lighted for roll out.
    Plus Man-Thing has crossed with Strange before and is currently on his Avengers of the Supernatural team that just debuted.

10. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

Maybe Ultron will still be tied back to Hank Pym in that Pym was an offscreen senior programmer of Ultron.

11. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I'm not familiar with the Man-Thing from the comics, but a quick google image search has left me with just one question: Is this guy a Swamp Thing rip-off, or is it the other way around?

As for Ultron, I think the latest episode of AoS has given us a little glimpse into the direction of AoU. Stark is hiring ex-SHIELD agents in an effort to "privatise global security". It would seem logical that he'd task an AI with processing all that raw intelligence. Maybe with an eye towards putting a machine in charge to avoid the human corruption that brought down SHIELD. So it may indeed be a Skynet type scenario.

12. Turtletrekker

Who knows?

See here...
    And here.

13. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Or Phase one of the project was getting Insight up on the new carriers with an OS capable of supporting it, and Phase two would be upgrading the systems on the existing carriers once Phase one is operational.

14. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Insight class carriers had the huge dones containing the new server farm necessary for networking the ships systems and wirelessly linking them together and to the Triskelion.

The older Avenger class (I'm calling it that for now since we don't have anything else) lacks that ability and would need a massive refit, assuming they even still have them.

And Tony probably had JARVIS patch up the older classes OS, with Fury's consent, maybe not even making SHIELD in general aware of it, to prevent that kind of remote hack.

And it's possible with the Triskelion complex gone and the Hub comprimised, that they don't have the hardware necessary to broadcast or access anything remotely anymore.

15. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

Anyone wonder if maybe the MCU will have both Chitauri and Skulls? Cause if the Chitauri (sharing the name of the Ultimate universe version of the Skrulls) are Thanos's personal army, but Ronan and his forces also serve Thanos, then doesn't that just eliminate any opportunity to do a faithful movie version of the Kree-Skrull War?

16. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

A Kree-Chitauri war is a possibility. If the Kree are a formidable enough force in The Guardians of the Galaxy and let's say they claim another Infinity Gem as their own, Thanos could shift his focus on them.

There's five cubes, right, or did Del Toro say a different number in Thor:TDW?

17. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

My personal take is that that the Chitauri are either something entirely separate from the Skrulls, or they're some rogue off-shoot. Maybe they're a slave army of Skrull ancestry, but heavily modified by Thanos both genetically and cybernetically. The cybernetic slaves part is suggested by them all dropping dead when the mothership, or whatever that was was destroyed.

What I'm still not clear on is how Thor found out about them before showing up.

He said "One down, five to go." So there's six total. Two we know about with a *possible* third on Loki's staff plus at least one is bound to show up in GotG. That still leaves three or four in the wind.

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  18. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

I think Heimdall may have "seen" them massing, his attention drawn by the staff perhaps.

But they do all seem to be slaves controlled by those vessels, in the trailer for GotG something very like the one we see in the Avengers is hovering in a planets atmosphere.

Thanos has been working his master plan for the better part of 2000 years at least, he's had time to breed armies, steal or otherwise pillage what he wanted from other races.

19. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Thor's been around for over a thousand years, he probably heard about them in his travels.

20. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

Does anybody really think we've seen the end of Arnim Zola? He must had some kind of WiFi, right? Even if they needed 50, 000 miles of tape to store him, he'd still fit in an Ipod.