So What Are you Reading?: Generations

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by captcalhoun, Dec 22, 2011.

1. JD5000

JD5000 Captain Captain

Book 2 is out? I pre-ordered, I'll have to check on that. I'm currently reading the second Vanguard novel, "Summon The Thunder". I like it just as much as the first novel in the series. I usually find a little comfort in the familiarity of the characters in novels directly based on the various TV series, but the characters in Vanguard are well-written and easy to identify with. After 1.2 novels, I already feel as comfortable with them as I do McCoy, Picard, Tuvok or Kira.

2. Kertrats47

Kertrats47 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

3. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm almost done with TOS: The More Things Change. It's like an episode of the second-five-year-mission series we never got.

4. Marika

Marika Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Reading again DESTINY because when i started to read trek lit i read DESTINY first because i thought it was a TITAN continuity only , then i got trapped in a temporal loop and after reading all the books after the trilogy now i read those before. so i ended up re reading all the stuff , because now makes sense lol

5. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm nearing the end of Tunnel Through the Stars, then on to Tales of the Dominion War.

6. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Reading the final trade paperback of Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi today. Force Storm seems to be a good finale to that series. Very excited to start on the free copy of Star Wars: A New Dawn that I received today.

7. Gul Re'jal

Gul Re'jal Commodore Commodore

Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space
    I'm reading "Destiny" again too :D

About half way through Book 3.

In my case Destiny was one of the first Trek lit books I ever read, so now, when I am familiar with the crews and whatnot after reading all those other things, Destiny tastes a lot better than the first time (and it was delicious back then too!).

8. zarkon

zarkon Captain Captain

Sue's Who reviews are pretty much the most accurate I've seen.

9. 2of1million

2of1million Captain Captain

I am as well. :cool:

10. Marika

Marika Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

exactly!

11. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

They are usually pretty fair, yeah.

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I finished up the Iron Druid Chronicles novella, Grimoire of the Lamb last night. It was a fun short little prequel adventure.
    I also read the first issue of the Vertigo comics series Hinterkind that I got as a freebie on Comixology a couple months ago. It was pretty cool. I had been planning on getting either the first book in Moria Young's Dustlands series, Blood Red Road, or the first book in Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series, The Iron King, as my next book purchases, but now I'm tempted to get the first Hinterkind collection instead. Decisions, decisions.

13. Killie

Killie Lieutenant Red Shirt

Finally posted my review on the latest Star Trek read "The Edge of the Sword" by Kevin Ryan which you can see here if you are interested.

I really enjoyed the book and have actually although rocketed through the other books in the trilogy!

14. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just finished reading Star Trek Vanguard Storming heaven by David Mack. I really enjoyed reading this series of books this summer. It's a terrific series. I really liked the stories and the characters. I'm so glad Seekers is continuing events from the Vanguard series. I just finished reading Seekers book 2.It's also a great story too .I really like these Tos era books!:bolian: I'm now reading Impact by Douglas Peterson.

15. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Currently re-reading the Axis of Time series, After that, possibly The Command by David Poyer.

16. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm about 6 chapters in on Star Wars: A New Dawn. Not bad so far, although I'm kinda tired of cybernetic badguys in the star wars universe.

17. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

I picked up KRAD's A Time for War, A Time for Peace at random from my shelf, and got sucked in. 1/3 the way through, and it's reminding me how much of a fan of Worf that I am:klingon:. He's not trapped in that embassy with the Klahb, they're stuck in there with him! Love it :techman:

18. Cap'n Crunch

Cap'n Crunch Captain Captain

I finished The Cold Dish, the first Walt Longmire novel, by Craig Johnson. I'm a fan of the TV show, so I thought I'd give the novels it's based on a try. It was a little different from the show, but not in a bad way. I enjoyed the story and look forward to reading more in the series.

I then reread Star Trek: SCE: The Belly of the Beast. I started SCE a few years ago but stopped after Foundations for some reason.

I then read the Supernatural comic, The Dogs of Edinburgh. In all honesty, it kinda sucked. The art was horrible, the characters didn't look anything like the actors, and the colors were just a lot of dark earth tones. The story also left a lot to be desired, there are basically two separate stories, linked by one character and her relationship with Sam. The monsters in the first and second stories are completely unrelated, and the titular dogs are only in the first. Also, the first story gives no real explanation about the villain, and the monsters in the second story were just plain uninteresting. IMO, this volume is completely skippable.

I'm now reading the first Star Trek: Seekers novel, Second Nature, by David Mack.

19. Endgame

Endgame Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Still not reading Star Trek. Sigh. Read another 40 short stories. Read "Safe People" by Henry Cloud & John Townsend (1995) and have started reading "The Examined Life" by Robert Nozick (1989).

20. 2of1million

2of1million Captain Captain

I finished reading The Seekers 2. I don't know, it didn't seem as good as the first one.

Now reading Lust's Latinum Lost (And Found) This is bloody hilarious. Gotta love Quark! :rommie: