Coming July 2013: STAR TREK ENTERPRISE — RISE OF THE FEDERATION

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Christopher, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Thanks - I'm with you as far as you take it Christopher !

I believe I have already said that I'm really looking forward to this...

2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

How about Rise of the Empire? :evil:

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Which one? Terran? Klingon? Romulan? Galactic? Boardwalk?

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

That would be Terran.

Although Klingon might not be a bad idea either.

5. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

Not necessarily.
    T'Pol was still alive after being thrown back 117 years () and lived well into the 2250s in "A Less Perfect Union". The same story mentions Elizabeth Cutler as the second-last survivor of the NX-01.

Archer lived to see the launch of the NCC-1701, presumably in both ongoing timelines (April's Enterprise in New Trek). Lieutenant Commander (retired) Hoshi Sato died at the hands of Kudos (In a Mirror, Darkly). (not necesarrily canon)

People have a long life expectancy in the future. See butt-kicking Elias Vaughn, a centenary.

6. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Phlox could also still be alive. I seem to remember it being implied Denobulans were long-lived. Didn't Phlox have a grandmother who lived to be 400 or something? Then again, he didn't seem to be around on the other NX-02 in E2 even though T'Pol was. Though I guess he might have been killed in battle or something.

7. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien Captain Captain

8. Gate11au

Gate11au Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Wow more new ENT book cool i like season 3 and 4 of ENT. I know I Know season 3 not there best work a bit dark you say but to each there own.
    I like the relaunch Ent i have read so far but have not read the Romulan War books yet just to busy with tng/DS9/Voy Relaunch book but have new copies on shelf to read. But knowing there is more ENT to come and by Christopher Bennett makes me want to catch up and read them all.
    I will be pre ordering these book as soon as they come up on the book order system at local book shop.

9. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Romulan war books are good. I just finished rereading the last book in the series.There's some great character development in the books.It certainly makes me look forward to reading the new book coming out in a few months.

10. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

I knew there would be someone else that enjoyed them !

I fully expect Christopher to take it to another level though...

11. SicOne

SicOne Commodore Commodore

Are there just two Romulan War books?

12. Christopher

Just two under the banner title of The Romulan War, but essentially all four post-finale ENT novels to date (The Good That Men Do, Kobayashi Maru, The Romulan War: Beneath the Raptor's Wing and The Romulan War: To Brave the Storm) form a single 4-part story arc starting with the buildup to the war and concluding with the founding of the Federation.

13. SicOne

Thanks much; just wanted to make sure all were accounted for to prep for yours. Was there supposed to be (or will be) a third title, In (something's) Jaws or something like that? I know it sounds strange, but I was under the impression that there was a Romulan War-related book with a title similar to that.

14. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In Shariel's Jaws was going to be the second Romulan War book when it was slated to be a trilogy; but when it was condensed to just two books, the title was changed.

15. Christopher

Well, as I've said, I'm starting a new story which hopefully can stand fairly well on its own, without being too dependent on previous books. But I definitely understand wanting to be thorough.

There were originally plans to do The Romulan War as a trilogy, yes, but the decision was made to reduce it to two books.

16. SicOne

Thanks much, folks. I prefer to be a completest when I read Trek (well, as much as I have time for...).

17. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

It's too bad that that decision was made, since the first book was at a decent pace, but then the second book just felt rushed, and was just meant to get the most minimalist facts in.

18. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It would be hard to condense 2 different manuscripts for 2 different books to Finish the Romulan war miniseries. In Shariel's jaws sounded like it would've been a really interesting story. Startrek.com has a interview with Micheal Martin where he mentions what the books storyline would've been had it been published .

19. Man of Steel

Man of Steel Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Would be nice to see that interview.

But Christopher,

Does this mean that you are now the sole author on ENT?

Just to clarify, your book will pick up from the other books right?

20. Christopher

At the moment, that seems to be the case, but these decisions are usually made one book at a time.

As I've said, it's part of the same overall continuity, but it's beginning a new story. There's a gap of over a year between the UFP founding ceremony at the end of To Brave the Storm and the beginning of A Choice of Futures.