Voyager Movie?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Jetfire, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I know this will never happen, but I really believe that a VOY movie would have been the next step also involving some of TNG & DS9.

What would you have like to have seen in a Voyager movie???

By the way...it could be easy to do with VOY/DS9/TNG involved...if TPTB had an ounce of vision they could bring in some of ENT.

2. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Unfortunately it's been too long since the series ended. Also, more so than any other Trek series, Voyager was brought to a structured end. If the last episode had left the ship far from home, there still might be more story to tell, but if you were to made a movie, what would you make the story about?

3. Piper

Piper Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The closest we'll ever get to a VOY movie was Dark Frontier.

Personally, I would have loved to have seen a TV Movie or miniseries which combined some characters from all the 24th Century shows, but it was never going to happen. There were some murmurings around the time First Contact was coming out that there were plans afoot for something but they very quickly disappeared again.

4. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

As for a Voyager movie, I would have liked to see a decent Kes-comeback where they could have done away with the damage made to the character in episodes like "The Gift" and "Fury".

Some years ago I often suggested a movie with characters from TNG, DS9 and Vyager involved but I'm afraid that it's to o late for that now. My first suggestion for such a movie would have included characters from all series teaming up to face a military government which had gained power over the Federation. However, many fans thought it would be a violation of all that Star Trek stands for, showing people striving for power and military coups still were existing among humans in the 24th century.

But a similar scenario could have been set for some other main threat, such as a Kelvan invasion or struggle against some new, dangerous enemy from som unknown part of space.

5. Tallis Rhul

Tallis Rhul Commander Red Shirt

Or the bluegills! That would have been a possible... (or not, it nearly got koshed the first time it was suggested...)

That would have been a stupid idea, clearly, as the amount of money they would have made would have been silly. Who wants money?... clearly not Paramount in the early 2000s...

6. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I think a story involving species 8472 would work.

7. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

It would but from my understanding, half of the cast refuse to return.

8. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & BEYOND! Moderator

^Must be the half of the cast still working in television/film. :lol:

Actually I think they all are to some degree either before or behind the camera, except Garret Wang and Jen Lien.

9. exodus

Well, we all know of Beltran's open feuding.
    So he's out.
    Wang has said some off color remarks.
    He's out.
    Ryan said sge wasn't going to play Seven anymore.
    She's out.
    McNeil & Dawson might to busy directing & producing to return.
    Possable out.
    That leaves Mulgrew, Picardo, Russ & Philips.

10. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & BEYOND! Moderator

You flash enough green they would all return. A VOY movie would probably pay just a tad bit better then some of those terrible Sci-Fi movies of the week Beltran's been doing.

11. exodus

I plead the 5th. :lol:

Seriously, that might not work on McNiel & Dawson.
    Producers pull down a hefty some of money as it is.
    You know as well as I do, Paramount wouldn't offer them THAT much to return. Not for no Voyager movie alone.

12. crouteru

crouteru Captain Captain

If a movie were written that had strong roles for Beltran and Wang, they'd probably return.

The story could be about some consequence from the Delta Quadrant that only Voyager could deal with.

How about a return of the Krenim and their time altering ship that causes future Janeway's shortcut home to be undone somehow and several other events turning out differently, such as Species 8472 having actually defeated the Borg and laying waste to the galaxy, including Earth.

13. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

I love the idea of a Voyager movie but am sick to death of time travel in Trek in general. That being said I think the Vaadwaur are villain that could make a fascinating comeback. :)

14. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

I always thought STII Wrath of Khan was awesome among the TOS & TNG ST movies because it did two things. It showed us how our fav characters had progressed since both the end of the series and the end of the "1st" movie. Even more importantly, it answered a question left hanging from the original series, what happens when you put 80 supermen & women on a primordial planet?

I want to see what happens to the Voyager crew after they returned home. Specifically, what happens 10 years after they returned. Did Seven and Chakotay
    wed? Did he stay within "transporter range" of her the rest of his life? How did Janeway take their relationship when it was blooming before her and the world? Did she sit quietly aside, like the future 's Admiral Janeway did on that 23 year trip home? Did it taint her mothering of Seven? Did Seven ever figure out why?

Speaking of Mothering, did Janeway keep up with the Paris family after they returned to the Alpha quadrant and if there was a fight on Voyager over who got to be Miral's Godfather, who ended up being her GodMother? Did Tom and B'Elanna stay together, and did they have more children? Did they ship out on a Galaxy class ship so they could bring the kiddies on board, or did one of them "stay home" to play house parent?

Did Tuvok stay in Starfleet, or even remain a Tactical officer? Did Harry EVER get promoted? Or get a steady girlfriend? Once back home, was there ever any further contact with Neelix? For that matter, what about the "lower deck" characters, Ayala who said maybe 10 words in 7 years, or Nozawa who never spoke a single word? Did Tal Celes leave the service to wait tables at a nice little bistro, and did Herren ever solve his mathematical postulate or Icheb ever get to serve on a Starfleet Bridge?

That's what I want in my Voyager movie, and since I don't expect TPTB to come up with the answers, I found my own answers here. http://coffeenebula.com/cgi-bin/board.cgi?read=152021 I think that's why most of us write or make youtube videos, because we are tired of waiting for something that never came. Like the 3rd "Pretender" Movie, or the 4th season of "Lost World". Or heck, what happened at the end of Dynasty when the cave-in trapped everyone underground as the gun went off and the TV faded to black. ;-)

Oh, and while there's a writing technique involved in the fanfic that some might decry, there's also a smattering of favorite DS9 characters that might just make up for the audacity. Maybe. :-)

15. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    I think that one morning Janeway should wake up, hear a noise in her bathroom, get up to see what's going on, and find a man in the shower. The man is naked, and turns around... he smiles and says, "Good morning." :)

Janeway says, "Chakotay, I had the strangest dream last night... a future me from 23 years from now came back to get us home sooner and you married Seven of Nine..."

Hey, it worked for Dallas! :p This way, they could undo the Chakotay/Seven pairing and the whole crappy "Endgame" nonsense - and have a real end for the series! :cool:

16. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

that happened on Dallas because a producer left, idiots took over, ratings fell and then the network begged the producer who left to come back and save the show... He couldn't make heads or tails of what they'd done to his show, so he just said frack it and blighted the last couple years.

Which is exactly what Jeri Taylor did to the paternity of Seska's baby, and probably a multitude of other tiny nonissues.

17. GalaxyClass1701

GalaxyClass1701 Captain Captain

If anything I thought the way DS9 ended that we would have gotten a Ds9 film.

18. Mareika

Mareika Captain Captain

Hey, I would like to watch THAT movie.:lol:
    Seriously- I always liked the idea of a Voyagermovie because there are so many open storys.
    What`s about the Marquis, 7/C, J/C, T/P after the return?
    Will they work at a ship again?
    I think a movie with DS9/Voy characters together would also be interesting to watch.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  19. Neutral Zone

Neutral Zone Captain Captain

A Voyger movie would have been great at the time the series was running or even just after the end, they could have used the good old stand by 'temporal distortion'n and send the Voyger back in time and relive some moment from there epic journey from a different angle?

20. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I think TPTB did the fans of TNG/DS9/VOY & even ENT dirty by doing the latest movie(I still haven't seen) It is almost like those shows don't matter and for what...money???

:rolleyes: