Star Trek Equinox

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by ElimGarak.93-99, Apr 25, 2014.

1. ElimGarak.93-99

ElimGarak.93-99 Captain Captain

With Executive Producers in place, this INDEPENDENT production will be shot as a presentation to the CBS network as a PILOT episode in 2014 for a potential new Star Trek television series.

Star Trek Equinox: The Night of Timestars acting veteran John Savage, reprising his role as Captain Rudy Ransom, iconic actor Gary Lockwood reprising his popular role of Gary Mitchell, best friend of James T. Kirk, in the classic Star Trek episode, “Where No Man Has Gone Before”, and introduces Blanca Blanco as Lieutenant Commander T’Lexa.
    Fifteen years after the destruction of the USS Equinox (approximate star date 2393) Captain Rudy Ransom, who was beamed from his doomed ship by the Krotownans, is held prisoner in the Delta Quadrant for crimes against the race including trespassing in Krowtownan space and the deaths of Krowtownan starship crew members. Captain Ransom has very few choices but one chance to return to the Alpha Quadrant some 30,000 light years away.

For more information visit www.startrekequinox.com

2. ElimGarak.93-99

The difference between the production of Star Trek Equinox and Star Trek Renegades is that the pilot of Renegades will be presented as a possible online Star Trek series.

I am really interested to know if one of these production initiatives will be a Star Trek television series.

3. Bixby

Bixby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I still don't understand how the description says the story takes place in 2393 (in TNG'S time period) yet the actors involved wear TOS uniforms?

4. ElimGarak.93-99

Good question.

Maybe the Krotownans has something to do with him going back in time...:confused:

5. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

My understanding is his escape also takes him back in time. I have also been told in a phone call from somebody involved in this production that this would be a strait-to-DVD series, rather than broadcast TV or internet. All actors are union and being paid. Last, and possibly most exciting, Stan Lee (Spiderman, The Fantastic Four, Thor, etc. etc. etc. ) will apparently be taking a major role, much more extensive than the cameos we have seen him in in the TV and movie series based on his own work. That would be fun, even for a DC Comics person like myself. Of course, all of this may have changed since I spoke with the individual (the Stan Lee thing came out after that phone call). All interesting.

6. drychlick

drychlick Captain Captain

:)I like it when does it come out on dvd?

7. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

They haven't funded the pitch episode yet. However, CBS met with them and agreed to view and consider it. The issue is whether, not when.

8. ElimGarak.93-99

That's wonderful news!
    Who knows what will happen, but this is definitely a good start. :-D

9. Loken

Loken Lieutenant Commander

Sorry. CBS doesn't take submissions. Calling your show a "Pilot" is a cheap attempt to legitimize what is a fan film.

As someone at CBS said "Anyone who thinks they can submit something to us as a pilot has no clue about how this industry works."

You are a fan film, period. You have ZERO chance to have CBS ever pick your show up. And by claiming you do, you put all fan films in jeopardy by bringing the watchful eye of CBS legal upon us all.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  10. drychlick

drychlick Captain Captain

:confused:rats I should have know it was too good to be true

11. ElimGarak.93-99

Sorry, your barking up the wrong tree... (I'm not involved in this project in any way)
    I just posted it to this forum, so that other Star Trek fans know about the project too.

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  12. northstar

northstar Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Have you seen the latest Equinox fundraiser. It´s the fourth or fifth attempt by now, and as it looks this one fails miserably again because it is at 0$

http://www.gofundme.com/STARTREKEQUINOX

Which is no wonder, because quite frankly, the lady reciting the text is extremely annoying - and it seems after 8 months of preproduction they still have nothing to show. Wow, that´s an achievement on its own... I just feel sorry for Mr. Lockwood and Mr. Savage. They deserve better...

13. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

The concept is very confused: Time travel, a resurrected Gary Mitchell, an insane ship captain rehabilitated.

14. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

I wonder what the announce v. completion ratio is for these fan films.

15. wtriker1701

wtriker1701 Commander Red Shirt

I didn't recognize Gary Lockwood at first... better at all.
    But I am kind of curious how they brought Savage and Lockwood in for that project.
    Given that Lockwood doesn't connect too much with his character, who he mispelled on that autographed shirt... It surely doesn't look like either, a thought-through process for establishing a TV-Series nor a fan service.
    What are they thinking?
    Do they believe Star Trek is a cow being milked? Or are their intentions those of good will for all us Star Trek fans?

Has anyone had contact yet with Savage or Lockwood? Did they give any statement regarding this project? Outside of their website and the crowdfunding sites?

16. Bixby

Bixby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'd like to get enthusiastic about this production, but they don't make it easy.

They say they have a great story (''two long-lost characters team up to save the universe from a powerful Delta Quadrant enemy'') but can't reveal any more details for fear of spoiling the plot...

The whole purpose of a pitch is to grab the attention of the studio/investors/viewing public with a carefully-worded and intriguing premise, and what they have in their video goes a long way to explain their underwhelming crowdfunding.

They do have Cindy Pickett among the cast, whom I remember from long ago on St-Elsewhere and as Ferris Bueller's mom :drool:...

When looking at their opening title video and its CG effects, all I can say is: ''ouch!!''

BTW, naming one of your characters Christine Roddenberry is a baaaaad idea.....

17. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

I think it suggests that people are tiring of stunt casting.

18. Maurice

I bet the only way they'd get Lockwood is with $$$, which is no doubt part of why they keep trying to raise money.

19. wtriker1701

wtriker1701 Commander Red Shirt

They even need to fundraise the trailer... Awww c'mon...

Lockwood not's gotta eat, for sure ;-)

EDIT: And I've just seen a trailer removed because of copyright infringement...
    This doesn't look promising, I guess.

20. Maurice

Which trailer?