RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,890
Posts: 5,222,722
Members: 24,234
Currently online: 535
Newest member: evtclub

TrekToday headlines

De Lancie Joins Mind Puppets
By: T'Bonz on Apr 24

Cumberbatch One Of Time Magazine’s Most Influential
By: T'Bonz on Apr 24

Trek Actor Smithsonian Magazine Cover First
By: T'Bonz on Apr 24

Takei To Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Apr 23

Yelchin In New Comedy
By: T'Bonz on Apr 23

U.S. Rights For Pegg Comedy Secured
By: T'Bonz on Apr 23

Shatner: Aging and Work
By: T'Bonz on Apr 23

Kurtzman And Orci Go Solo
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Star Trek #32 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Voyager Bridge Via The Oculus Rift
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 20 2014, 12:44 AM   #1846
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral
 
Admiral_Young's Avatar
 
Location: Gallifrey
View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Singer explained this in a previous interview posted earlier in the thread. Charles having learned to transfer his conscience into another body. Remember the last we see of him prior to the post credt scene is him smiling to Logan.
__________________
Admiral Young
Chief of Operations

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20 2014, 01:05 AM   #1847
Reverend
Rear Admiral
 
Reverend's Avatar
 
Location: UK
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Skywalker wrote: View Post
I always thought it was a disembodied voice, implying that Xavier was communicating with Moira telepathically.

But yeah, it's a pretty lame twist overall. Basically like what they did when they implanted Data's memories into B-4 in Nemesis.
Or indeed the *other* stinger scene from TLS which strongly implies that Magneto's powers are back...which as we see in The Wolverine, they are. Thus making the whole film essentially pointless.

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Singer explained this in a previous interview posted earlier in the thread. Charles having learned to transfer his conscience into another body. Remember the last we see of him prior to the post credt scene is him smiling to Logan.
No amount of explanation will make that whole thing seem less lame. Killing off Xavier like that just to up the stakes (and to try and get some emotional investment from people who were happy Scott got vaporised) was lazy at best. But to not even have the conviction to follow through with that or Magneto's de-powering is sheer cowardice.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20 2014, 01:12 AM   #1848
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral
 
Admiral_Young's Avatar
 
Location: Gallifrey
View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

I never said it wasn't lame...only that there was a link up thread where Singer talks about that specific scene. It also doesn't fully explain why there was apparently a SECOND Xavier body...unless Moira and Charles had cloning experiments going on. Personally I think it was Penn and Kinberg's homage to the Cassandra Nova arc.
__________________
Admiral Young
Chief of Operations

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20 2014, 01:18 AM   #1849
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral
 
Out Of My Vulcan Mind's Avatar
 
Location: Wherever you go, there you are.
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

From The Hollywood Reporter's write-up of Simon Kinberg's appearance at WonderCon:

"This and the Dark Phoenix are two most famous stories. We could have done better with the Dark Phoenix," Kinberg said, referring to the money-making but much-maligned X-Men Last Stand, which tried to adapt that storyline. "This is our attempt to right the wrongs [of] the past," he said.
__________________
"I'll see you in another life, brother."
Out Of My Vulcan Mind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 20 2014, 12:44 PM   #1850
Set Harth
Rear Admiral
 
Set Harth's Avatar
 
Location: Gallifrey Falls
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Reverend wrote: View Post
Or indeed the *other* stinger scene from TLS which strongly implies that Magneto's powers are back...
Technically not a stinger since it's right before the start of the end credits.

Reverend wrote: View Post
But to not even have the conviction to follow through with that or Magneto's de-powering is sheer cowardice.
For whatever reason I never got the impression that that scene meant his powers would necessarily come all the way back. I just thought he would have a slight vestige of his power from that point onward but no more than that.

Admiral_Young wrote:
It also doesn't fully explain why there was apparently a SECOND Xavier body...unless Moira and Charles had cloning experiments going on.
Supposedly a twin brother.

Admiral_Young wrote:
Personally I think it was Penn and Kinberg's homage to the Cassandra Nova arc.
I think Ratner indicated as much on the commentary.
__________________
"In the future... do I make it?"
"No."
Set Harth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20 2014, 08:20 PM   #1851
Enterprise1701
Commander
 
Enterprise1701's Avatar
 
Location: Sol III, Sector 001, 2014 C.E.
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Does anyone here have a clear screenshot of a Sentinel from the movie?
Enterprise1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:24 AM   #1852
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral
 
The Borgified Corpse's Avatar
 
Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Reverend wrote: View Post
Skywalker wrote: View Post
I always thought it was a disembodied voice, implying that Xavier was communicating with Moira telepathically.

But yeah, it's a pretty lame twist overall. Basically like what they did when they implanted Data's memories into B-4 in Nemesis.
Or indeed the *other* stinger scene from TLS which strongly implies that Magneto's powers are back...which as we see in The Wolverine, they are. Thus making the whole film essentially pointless.

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Singer explained this in a previous interview posted earlier in the thread. Charles having learned to transfer his conscience into another body. Remember the last we see of him prior to the post credt scene is him smiling to Logan.
No amount of explanation will make that whole thing seem less lame. Killing off Xavier like that just to up the stakes (and to try and get some emotional investment from people who were happy Scott got vaporised) was lazy at best. But to not even have the conviction to follow through with that or Magneto's de-powering is sheer cowardice.
I don't know. I felt it was genuine at the time because, at the time, I honestly expected that X-Men: The Last Stand was going to be the last movie. I still suspect it would have been had it not made quite such a rediculous amount of money compared to the others.
__________________
Kegg: "You're a Trekkie. The capacity to quibble over the minutiae of space opera films is your birthright."
The Borgified Corpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:33 AM   #1853
Mr. Adventure
Admiral
 
Mr. Adventure's Avatar
 
Location: Mr. Adventure
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Enterprise1701 wrote: View Post
Does anyone here have a clear screenshot of a Sentinel from the movie?
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:44 AM   #1854
Stevil2001
Rear Admiral
 
Stevil2001's Avatar
 
Location: 2010
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

I hope the X-Men have some lemonade at the ready.
__________________
"All of time and space. Everywhere and anywhere, every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?"
Exploring the Universe
Stevil2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:45 AM   #1855
Dream
Admiral
 
Dream's Avatar
 
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Bryan Singer Drops Out Of 'X-Men' Publicity Amid Sexual Abuse Scandal

Wow, this thing is becoming a huge PR nightmare for FOX.
__________________
=)
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:40 AM   #1856
bbjeg
Rear Admiral
 
bbjeg's Avatar
 
Location: ˙ɐlnqǝu sıɥʇ uı ʞɔnʇS
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Enterprise1701 wrote: View Post
Does anyone here have a clear screenshot of a Sentinel from the movie?
I would have posted some sooner but I was avoiding this thread. Even though I read the comic arch, and saw the 90's animated series version, I'm hitting that line of seeing too much before the movie.

Mark 1


Mark 10


Mark 10 with battle damage. It's skin reminds me of the Phalanx (X-Men).
__________________
-Star Trek Rock Opera-
bbjeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
days of future past, wolverine, wolverine and the x-men, x-men

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.