Star Trek end credits and soundtrack discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by SalvorHardin, Apr 26, 2009.

1. EnsignRicky

EnsignRicky Commodore Commodore

/\ It's seems more than just similar to me. It's only played at that one spot then never again. I just hope it doesn't underscore some cheesy reference scene like when Dirk Benedict walked past a Cylon in the opening of the A-Team. Then again a little in-joke isn't the end of the world. I think ET voted that one into law at the last republic senate meeting.

2. Eddie Roth

Eddie Roth Commodore Commodore

I really like what Giacchino has done here. God bless the late Jerry Goldsmith, but I was getting sick of his recycling. I recently gave a good listen to all the ST scores available, and I must say his scores got consistently less original every time. Especially his "mellow phase" with the very soft themes for FC and INS don't say "Star Trek" to me much anymore. Nemesis I felt was a step up again, but the Goldsmith sound altogether perfectly captures what was wrong with Star Trek so many years: It was tired and mere recycling of past glories.

Then again, I came to love Dennis McCarthy's GEN score. Choral influences, a suitably magical sound for the whole Nexus story. Very good. You can tell it's a Star Trek score eve though it doesn't sound like any of the other ones. And Giacchino has done a similar thing. His invocation of the Courage theme is inspired in combination with his own material, nostalgic and exciting. My favorite track however is "Hella Bar Talk", maybe because we've heard it a lot on the official site. But I'm telling you, I can already picture the accompanying scenes.

3. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Generations theme was like DS9 on steroids.

4. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The videos are dead Jim.

It was inevitable I guess. Oh well....:cool:

5. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

It depends on personal taste, I guess. I absolutely loved FC soundtrack, and INS score fit perfectly into that whole atmosphere. The opening credits really gave the impression that this Ba'Ku planet is in fact the heaven of peace.

And I must say I even liked NEM soundtrack, I just wish that the opening sequence had been longer.

As for Giacchinos's score, I like it, especially the end credits, but the absence of Courage's fanfare at the beginning is kinda troubling. It should have been there, as well as Goldsmith's "The Enterprise" (AKA "TMP Theme").

6. KirkusOveractus

KirkusOveractus Commodore Commodore

This sountrack is amazing! I really like it! I can hear echoes of TOS incidental music, Goldsmith, Horner and Eidelmann.

There is one section, which I would venture is for Vulcan, which sounds almost Indian-influenced. It is incredibly beautiful (for those who have the end credits music, listen after the TOS theme comes back in full force at 1:30 and you'll hear part of it).

7. The Doctor

The Doctor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I knew that I heard some Eidelmann in there somewhere, glad to see that I wasn't hallucinating.

While the bulk of the soundtrack isn't what I'd call 'stand-out,' the good parts are really good. The shamelessly bombastic rendering of the TOS theme during the end credits (1:30 in) is fantastic. It's that cue that really screams 'Trek is back, baby!"

'Enterprising Young Men' was also quite good.

8. KirkusOveractus

KirkusOveractus Commodore Commodore

^ No, you weren't hallucinating. The Eidelmann TUC sound is also represented well.

Overall, I really like the score for the movie. I do love the bombastic style of the TOS theme in the end credits, where I mentioned, at 1:30 into it.

9. Vic G

Vic G Ensign Red Shirt

I have only heard Enterprising Young Men and the End Credit theme, but really love what I've heard so far. According to HMV, my copy of the soundtrack was posted on Tuesday, so hopefully I'll get it tomorrow!

10. Desleane

Desleane Lieutenant Red Shirt

Everything is great... but... has anyone found out what's the name of music in TV spots #3 and #12 ? It's a puzzle, and I think it's a rock band like Saliva but less and less familiar to everyone...
    I want to know!!!!!

11. Vic G

Vic G Ensign Red Shirt

I know that Saliva's Ladies and Gentlemen (from their album Blood Stained Love Story) was used in a couple of the TV Spots (such as the 6th one).

12. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant

As much as I listened to all the YouTube downloads before they were yanked I have my fill until I buy the soundtrack and see the film.;)

13. Desleane

That's from another spot, I mean from spots #3 and #12 some kind of pop music.
    Oh well, maybe someone will figure it out =)

14. cooleddie74

Anyone get the feeling this will be one of THE hottest selling and downloaded soundtracks of 2009?

15. Desleane

That's the part of the plan, they need an "extended" version!

16. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The official site has added a music clip player where you can hear the soundtrack if anyone hasn't heard it yet & wants to get an idea of what it sounds like.

17. cooleddie74

Can you provide a link just in case?

18. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

19. cooleddie74

20. Lythia

Lythia Lieutenant Red Shirt

Anyone know if the soundtrack will be available on iTunes? Likely or not?