A lot in 3 Days?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by mysticgeek, May 31, 2009.

1. mysticgeek

mysticgeek Lieutenant Red Shirt

In episode 5 of Season 4 "Revulsion" when Paris and Torres say it has been three days since they talked about their admission of love when floating in space from episode "Day of Honor" ...

So in 3 days they were on the brink of death floating in space and Commander Chakotay when through his ordeal with the Vori in "Nemesis"? That really seems like an awful lot of crazy action for the crew to go through in 3 days.

Am I missing something? Or is that indeed the events that played out in such a short period of time?

2. DGCatAniSiri

DGCatAniSiri Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Personally, I've always considered 'Revulsion' and 'Nemesis' to have gotten switched around in production order or something - that scene you're talking about FEELS like it's meant to come right after 'Day of Honor.' I have no idea if that's what happened, but that's what feels right for me. Your milage may vary.

3. mysticgeek

mysticgeek Lieutenant Red Shirt

mmmm... that would certainly explain it! :-)

4. brcarthey

brcarthey Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

if you go by production numbers, "nemesis" (#171) should've come before "day of honor" (#172).

FWIW, the same thing happened again in season 7. "drive" should've aired before "imperfection" but it didn't.

5. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

That's correct. Looking at the production numbers there was apparently some episode switching going on ...

Nemesis | Production number: 171 | Episode 4x04
    Day of Honor | Production number: 172 | Episode 4x03
    Revulsion | Production number: 173 | Episode 4x05

EDIT: Dang, brcarthey just beat me to it! :)

6. JB2005

JB2005 Commodore Commodore

Which is why we see the new Delta Flyer before it is formally introduced!

7. DGCatAniSiri

DGCatAniSiri Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

As well as a wedding ring on Tom's finger during Seven's operation.

Apparently, the producers wanted a pattern at the start of each season - a Janeway episode, a Seven episode, and a B'Elanna episode. Why, I have no idea.