RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,694
Members: 24,208
Currently online: 794
Newest member: meshman63

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old August 23 2013, 01:48 AM   #136
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Re: Things you liked about voyager

I suppose that since she knows how they will kill her with that room, that she's steeled herself against further attempts at her doom there in in there.

If she's not an idiot, Anika would have spent the first week rewiring the place so that it was her dog.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2013, 02:14 AM   #137
R. Star
Rear Admiral

I always wondered why they were so vulnerable to being suck-- I mean blown-- into space in Scorpion when they seemed to have magnetic boots and be immune to vacuum in First Contact.
Old August 23 2013, 05:11 AM   #138
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

It was the rush dragging them out.

Possibly, Chakotay could have polarized the deck plating which would have confused the Borg footware?

If there was a button to empty the cargo bay, rather than that they overrode every safety in the book, cancelling any and all magnetic locks or seals would just be sensible option depending on how completely they want to clean the place up.

Old August 23 2013, 08:17 AM   #139
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

teya wrote: View Post

Seven designed the holodeck program. It shows the way she thinks about herself & her relationships with others.

Most clearly, it shows that she thinks of herself as not fully human and not deserving of the things she desires (quarters, privacy, companionship) until she is "fully human." The tragic thing about that is that she never will be.

This is hardly a child's development.
Completely agree.

7 is never going to be easily labeled with an age other than physical, and even then she's Borg enhanced. She has had a very complicated existence that neither she or anyone else on board completely understand. It's not like she was in stasis for all those years, she retains much of her Borg life.

I think she suffers more from never having been a child of 7, 8, 9.. and a teenager than from purportedly being one because she was assimilated at 6.

Assimilated, grown in a vat, and then had her brain dumped with millions of individuals pains and experiences. She is not a child and she can never be a child again.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2013, 10:31 AM   #140
R. Star
Rear Admiral

teacake wrote: View Post
teya wrote: View Post

Seven designed the holodeck program. It shows the way she thinks about herself & her relationships with others.

Most clearly, it shows that she thinks of herself as not fully human and not deserving of the things she desires (quarters, privacy, companionship) until she is "fully human." The tragic thing about that is that she never will be.

This is hardly a child's development.
Completely agree.

7 is never going to be easily labeled with an age other than physical, and even then she's Borg enhanced. She has had a very complicated existence that neither she or anyone else on board completely understand. It's not like she was in stasis for all those years, she retains much of her Borg life.

I think she suffers more from never having been a child of 7, 8, 9.. and a teenager than from purportedly being one because she was assimilated at 6.

Assimilated, grown in a vat, and then had her brain dumped with millions of individuals pains and experiences. She is not a child and she can never be a child again.
Bravo. That is the tragedy of the character. Not her emotional immaturity that compares her to my niece. As if it was somehow her fault. How sad the Borg purged her understanding of your emotions of understanding because it was fucking irrelevant. Blame the victim.
Old August 23 2013, 01:19 PM   #141
KaraBear
Captain

R. Star wrote: View Post
I always wondered why they were so vulnerable to being suck-- I mean blown-- into space in Scorpion when they seemed to have magnetic boots and be immune to vacuum in First Contact.
probably because in First Contact they knew they were going out into space and prepared for it. In Scorpion they were suddently sucked/blown out into space quick with no warning
KaraBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2013, 01:26 PM   #142
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

My other abrasive theory is that that is not Annika Hansen.

The Borg put the little 8 year old girl in a box somewhere and instead wrote code to create a mostly new personality which would drive that fleshy figure purposely through the Borg's Mission to destroy 8472, which a panicking child could clearly not.

Old August 23 2013, 02:40 PM   #143
Captain Kathryn
Fleet Captain

Location: In Star Trek / Doctor Who fantasy land aka New Jersey
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Captain Kathryn

I love Voyager because of it's humor most of all. It makes it unique. TNG, DS9, ENT, and TOS all have humorous moments, but VOY really feels the most light-hearted despite being in one of the most dire situations.

Without the characters of the Doctor, Seven, and Janeway I probably wouldn't love it as much as I do. I think the cast had good chemistry. Even if there were tensions off-set, I don't really care because when they did perform the humorous bits, I think they were done really well. It makes Voyager unique.

I also really love that it deviated from all of the pre-defined rules, AQ conflicts (with the exception of the Borg), etc...because they had no contact with Starfleet for years.