You know what's creepy about Amy?

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by O'Dib, May 4, 2010.

1. Bones2

Bones2 Commodore Commodore

Thanks, that's very courteous of you :)

If everyone thought like that, this forum would certainly be a nicer place.

2. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

this forum'd be a nicer place if certain people stopped being nit-picky miserable bastards and certain other people stopped whinging about stuff in books they never read and never will read.

3. Bones2

Bones2 Commodore Commodore

4. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Actually Hermiod was talking about people making comments behind people's back. I don't think Captcalhoun's count as being behind your back ;)

But you know what, he has a point. You hate RTD, you hate everything thing he does, everything about him. We get it, seriously we do. We get it because you insist on pointing it out in practically every post you write (or at least it feels like that).

Frankly its boring, and worse than that its tiring, and it means that its hard to actually get to some of the really interesting things you say sometimes.

Because everyone on this board has something interesting to say at one time or another; be it me, you, Captcalhoun, Wamdue, Sci, EMH, The, Captain Pike, Kelso, WillsBabe...everyone of us, because we all love Doctor Who in some way shape or form.

Most of us keep our more extreme views (whatever they might be) out of the way for most of the discussions. I don't need to put in every post how disapointing I found the Dobbie/Jesus Doctor concept, or how lousy I found the notion of 10.5, or the TARDIS dragging the Earth...

Nobody's saying you have to love RTD or kiss his arse or anything like that, but constantly going on and on about how shit you think he is (and he isn't, if you can't see he has talent then I almost pity you- skewed annoying egotistical talent and I think Moffat has more, but its there nontheless) just makes you sound like you're a twelve year old. An articulate 12 year old for sure...but 12 all the same.

I know you think everyone hates you or is attacking you for no good reason, but the truth of the matter is, if enough people tell you your hair is on fire, it might be worth looking in a mirror just to check for yourself.

5. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

I was just about to post something concerning the sniping and overly personal comments, but Starkers put it pretty well.

Bones, a great percentage of your comments do come across as being almost repetitively negative. You have to expect some folks to take issue with it.

captcalhoun, that however, that doesn't justify your rather thinly-veiled insult.

Hermiod, calling anyone a "coward" in this context helps nothing, either.

This forum is generally devoid of this kind of pettiness. Don't go down this road again. Even if it doesn't make sense, you don't need to poke a stick at it. ;)

6. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

i wasn't solely referring to Bones. i didn't even mention Bones by name, but if he thinks i was referring to him... well, frankly i won't argue.

there's plenty of other people on the TrekBBS who qualify as 'nit-picky miserable bastards' but i probably shouldn't start naming names or i'll get told off.

7. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

For the record, I was not referring to anyone in this thread and I apologise if anyone thought I was.

8. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I didn't think you were, seemed clear you were talking about another forum.

9. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Doesn't matter guys. I don't care who you were referring to, it isn't welcome here, so leave it outside. Back on topic, okay?

10. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep, back on topic. She's not really that creepy, is she?

11. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

If that's creepy then I don't want to be... errr... not creepy ?

That sounded cool in my head, you know.

12. danellis

danellis Captain Captain

Did the thing with her starting to become a stone Angel (what're they really called again?) get resolved? Or can it just be accepted that because all of the Angels fell into the crack she never started to turn into one?

dJE

13. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^IIRC, it was removed because the Angel she had an image of in her mind had been erased from existence by the crack.