How is Janeway sexy? (Part II)

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Adm_Hawthorne, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've been watching episodes of TOS. I plan on buying season one in a few days. I have a new ship: Spirk!

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

We are, as one.

3. Catarina

Catarina Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

*pout* I wanna watch TOS! We're cutting down data plan. We hit some financial shit lately.

Maybe next time :-)

Yes, Teacake hair and fashion cycle. Blech-80's..... but you have to admit it's the 24th century!! Have some fun! Right?! I know why they don't. Some people just can t help but want what they can relate with. Which is why classical music is the staple in Trek Piller said it when you try to be alien or futuristic people go "Meh...I can't see it."

4. teacake

The classical music always make me roll my eyes :lol:

Of course there's no copyright, so I get that.. and they don't have to pay someone to compose "future" music. But would it have killed them to find some out of copyright pieces from outside of Europe? Maybe 19nth century Japanese music is suddenly all the rage? OR SOMETHING? Just for the love of god, must it always be things we are all familiar with if by name only.

I think you can watch TOS for free on startrek.com if you live in the US.. though I guess that's already data.

5. IrishNero

IrishNero Commodore

As a musician on the side, I can tell you there is royalty-free music that can be put-together in hours, if they're willing to go that route. It probably wouldn't cost more that a couple of thousand per episode to compose something original. That's probably less than what they pay to cater the food for the cast and crew on a given day.

6. Catarina

Speaking of Craft service, they couldn't get anything besides doughnuts and Big Macs? I mean, don't complain when Ethan and the two Roberts are expanding when you hold them for 19 hours a day and serve gas station chow.

7. teacake

Where did you hear that about the donuts and big macs?

8. Catarina

Ethan Phillips talked about the food being junk that made him fat. Kate joked Robert would walk on the set with two big Macs one for him and one for Robbie. Kate on a different con said she used a big Mac to coax the monkey out of the studio rafters. The frequency in which big Macs showed up later she thought the show should be named Star trek Big Mac. ( A story she said when I met her)

9. Janeway’s Girl

You'd think the producers would have had healthier food for the cast because in the movie/tv business, looks are everything.

10. teacake

But they were getting to the set at 3am if they had alien makeup, and I assume like 6am otherwise. The only things to buy on the way there to take to work would be crap. Sure they can make a nice salad at home but according to the actors they would get home at ridiculous hours. I believe feeding the folk on set is part of the deal, to make up for these long hours.

On tv, when they are showing pretend shows being made, there is always the little joke about the doofus who just wants to eat all the on set food which is usually lots of fruit and sandwiches and maybe some chicken.

11. Catarina

As Teacake said. Unusual circumstances. Imagine getting home at 10 pm you have to read the next script then be back at 4am. If you had sick children..forget it. The studio was required to provide food I exchange for long hours. I wonder why they didn't group strike.
    However, at home on hiatus if they go eat like pigs, that's a bummer because they're paid well to keep fit especially with a lost in space premise.

12. teacake

I know I am waiting for my movie role (SW:VII will do) before I lose that extra weight, I just know the money will be a great incentive.

13. teacake

I could not work like they always describe the work at cons. Function for weeks on 4 hours of sleep? No way. Not to mention zero other life.

14. Janeway’s Girl

Hey, they all wanted fame and fortune... They had to pay the price. I don't feel sorry for any famous person who complains. They chose that life.

15. teacake

So if someone is famous and their work conditions are shitty they can't complain?

16. Janeway’s Girl

Define work conditions. If they are missing out on family, sleep, a normal life, then quit acting. If you are talking about how they are being treated at work and accomodations, then yes, complain away.

17. teacake

I think it's kind of off to say that just because someone is paid well and chose a life they can't express complaint. People are human. We are all rich compared to a huge section of the world and yet we complain about minutia constantly.

Doctors also miss out on "family, sleep, a normal life" as do cops and all kinds of professions. It's okay to choose something and still find it hard to do.

18. Janeway’s Girl

The difference being that doctors, cops, etc are important professions because they save lives. All an actor does is recite lines from a script in front of a camera. I'm not saying they don't have a right to complain but if they are making tons of money then they shouldn't be complaining. If things aren't working out, they are well-off enough to retire.

I know that I sound kind of harsh but I'm sick of hearing about actors complain about how difficult their lives are because of their job.

19. teacake

I think only a small percentage of them is well off enough to retire. Certainly no one who was 30 and working on VOY.

It's not that they are complaining how difficult their lives are, this is just a simple complaint about food. We all complain about food. Why shouldn't people who earn more money than us get to complain about food?

20. hux

hux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just saw a clip for next weeks instalment of the horrendously awful (how did it ever get made) terrible, despicable, and offensively bad....."I live with models"....and Kate Mulgrew is in it (she does not look sexy)

But I might watch it just to know if it's as appalling as it looks