Alien Isolation

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Bigjoe, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Bigjoe

Bigjoe Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

2. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

After what happened with Colonial Marines I'm going to be very VERY sceptical no matter how good the "in-game footage" looks.

Still, having said that the basic premise of taking the game design ethos of the likes of 'Slender' & 'Amnesia Dark Decent' and turning it into an Alien game is very appealing. It's a wonder no one has ever even attempted something like this before since it seems like such a no-brainer.

Not sure how I feel about them casting the player as Amy Ripley. I mean we know she'll live to her mid-60s and that she never manages to find her mother, right? I'm not saying you *can't* tell a good story like this, but they're kinda stacking the deck against themselves and all for a little franchise name recognition.

Not that I'd want to discourage them from using a female protagonist by any means. Given the franchise it's practically a must. Indeed, it's absence in Colonial Marines and the 11th hour inclusion of *any* female marines should have been a huge red flag.