Star Trek III - The [Speculation Begins] (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Admiral Buzzkill, May 23, 2013.

1. Pondslider

Pondslider Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Star Trek 3 will be the Enterprise going into the mirror universe and encountering mirror universe Pike who tries to destroy them. In order to defeat him Kirk has to seek the help of the mirror universe version of George Kirk who still looks young enough for some reason that they can bring back Hemsworth.

2. Dantrek

Dantrek Ensign Red Shirt

I don't really want to see the Klingon war, we've been through that already. I think since this is a whole new timeline and the new enterprise is a lot more advanced than prime kirks, they should face a stronger adversary. I thought since Neros ship had Borg tech and it was a living vessel, according to star trek countdown, that it sent a message with updated borg tech to the delta quadrant. It would be interesting to see how Kirk would have fought the borg.

3. NuFan

NuFan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Which one was that?

4. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Way of the Warrior" etc. on DS9. Although JJverse Klingons would eat those Klingons for breakfast.

5. Opus

Opus Commodore Commodore

Literally!

*burp*

6. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

The fine line between continuity and fanwank.
    I'm going to call it now: it's going to be a remake of "The Doomsday Machine" in some form, crossed with "Errand of Mercy." Maybe with the latter as the primary story and the former as the ancillary - the Klingons are trying to get their hands on the flying cornucopia and are trying to use it against the Federation.

7. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Might be good. Like the Borg, it's like a force of nature, and likely started its journey long before the time split. I agree that it's probably still floating around out there, gobbling up planets and heading in the general direction of core Federation worlds.

8. Praetor

I actually kind of like it myself. You could even include Decker and the Constellation, but here the reason for their presence is to fight the Klingons. Maybe Decker is the one who rams the Constellation down the Planet Killer's maw this time.

My one lingering question: Organians, or no?

9. 137th Gebirg

Don't know if they could be reasonably meshed with the story of the Planet Killer, unless they become some Deus ex Machina (sans Machina) solution to the insurmountable problem of what to do with the thing, and I fear that might be a cop-out, following along the path of NuBSG, with everyone boiling it all down to blaming it on God. I do like the concept of the Organians, but I don't know if it will work with any other plot device.

OTOH, playing devil's advocate, a part of me also thinks we should generally part ways with TOS-sourced material and let this new crew find different things to discover. We had Khan recently and the Origin Story before that. It may be time to explore new horizons.

10. Praetor

Oh, totally agreed. I just don't see this new story being original... and even if it is, I think it will at least have window dressings of previous stories.

As for the Planet Killer/Klingon conflict storyline, I say nay to the Organians.

11. 137th Gebirg

If they had just Klingons with no PK, I could see the Organians appearing at the end, imposing their will, but with some new twist. All 3 elements, however, I think would likely be a muddy mess.

12. Praetor

That too. Mostly, I just hate deus ex machina.

13. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The film opens in the Prime Universe, Barclay is attempting to discover what happened to Spock by conducting some experiments with Red Matter. Suddenly a miniature Black Hole opens. Barclay sticks his head through the Event Horizon where he sees...

?

14. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nerds horribly murdering the writers and burning down their offices?

15. Praetor

There's a joke in there somewhere. How many nerds does it take to burn down an office building?

16. 137th Gebirg

17. Praetor

Well played. :)

18. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Mr. T. in a tutu.

19. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Nerds.

20. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

NuBarclay.